Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The last three division games

You've got much more faith in Lovie and company than I do.

Playing the what if game? What if they draft Young 1-1 and he ends up like every other midget QB in NFL history? What are the odds of the Texans getting a top 3 pick vs a midget winning a championship. I like the odds of the top 3 pick over the midget championship scenario, particularly with Lovie and company calling the shots down on Kirby.
Wow off the freaking chains. Breeze and Wilson are super bowl champions. This is the reason why people call you a hater. You stick to this type of of flustered agenda.

Wow off the freaking chains. Breeze and Wilson are super bowl champions. This is the reason why people call you a hater. You stick to this type of of flustered agenda.
Drew Brees was over 6' tall, and weighed over 200lbs coming into the NFL. Russell Wilson is a better comparable since he was 5'10 5/8" coming into the NFL, but he still weighed over 200 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised if Young measures in at 5'9" something, and under 180 lbs. We'll see.

Drew Brees was over 6' tall, and weighed over 200lbs coming into the NFL. Russell Wilson is a better comparable since he was 5'10 5/8" coming into the NFL, but he still weighed over 200 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised if Young measures in at 5'9" something, and under 180 lbs. We'll see.
No he’s not. They have him listed as 6 ft. 209lb. And he’s actually a little shorter. When he was drafted he weighed lesser.

Game day (Titans) weather forecast: A few passing clouds, otherwise generally sunny. High 26F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Lovie's beard will freeze setting him up for another brain freeze.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I don't know which person to quote, but the size and style comps for Bryce Young are Fran Tarkenton and Joe Theismann. these QBs from a different era so 6'0 190 isn't quite the same, but these were undersized dropback passers who scrambled and moved around the pocket which is what Young.

Brees is 6'0 tall

Wilson is 5'11

Young is 5'10

I'm betting Young's not a unicorn and this has nothing to do with hate.

Brees is 6'0 tall

Wilson is 5'11

Young is 5'10

I'm betting Young's not a unicorn and this has nothing to do with hate.
Only speculation Young is 5'10". Best evidence, without an actual measurement, is the photo of him standing next to Saban. It's reported that Saban wears 3" shoe inserts, which puts his standing height about 5'9". Young appears about 2"-3" taller. Young's reported HS height is 5'11" and current height is listed as 6'0". This is in line with appearance in the Saban photo. Of course this is speculation as well, but I'm guessing Young will measure at the combine a tad under 6'0", maybe 5''11.5".

Only speculation Young is 5'10". Best evidence, without an actual measurement, is the photo of him standing next to Saban. It's reported that Saban wears 3" shoe inserts, which puts his standing height about 5'9". Young appears about 2"-3" taller. Young's reported HS height is 5'11" and current height is listed as 6'0". This is in line with appearance in the Saban photo. Of course this is speculation as well, but I'm guessing Young will measure at the combine a tad under 6'0", maybe 5''11.5".
We will see

If true Young winning a championship would still be an outlier.

No it would not. Sticking to this agenda, something you’re notorious for when you don’t like said person.
How many QB's 6'0 and under have won SB's?

What do you consider an outlier?

I would love to draft Young if he was 6'2. Love his game. Supposedly he's a great guy.

I'd have to disagree. Most NFL QB's, and those winning championships, are over 6'0" in height. So yes a QB under 6'0", and those who win championships, are out of the norm, are an outlier.
Well we disagree then because Brees and Wilson has won. And there’s not that many quarterbacks 6 ft and under. And there’s not a massive amount coming out.

Y'all can save that discussion for the the draft thread.. (I don't think there's a quarterback in this draft worth taking 1 overall).

All I know is, there's a real chance we ***** up the #1 pick,.. especially after watching the Jags/Jets game. Honestly I think we can beat all three.. at worst 2 out of 3. Wouldn't be surprised if we won 3 straight. OUR DIVISION SUCKS!!!😵

I'd have to disagree. Most NFL QB's, and those winning championships, are over 6'0" in height. So yes a QB under 6'0", and those who win championships, are out of the norm, are an outlier.
Like Texansballer74 said.

How many QB over 6' had been in contending teams?
How many have played in the SB and winning it?

Vs. guys 6' and under?

Theisman, Tarkenton, Jergunsen.

They were all successful.

Not to mention that the rules now favor the QB and the offense.
You can hardly touched the QB.

Who's going to say Doug Flutie wouldn't have better success nowadays?

Like Texansballer74 said.

How many QB over 6' had been in contending teams?
How many have played in the SB and winning it?

Vs. guys 6' and under?

Theisman, Tarkenton, Jergunsen.

They were all successful.

Not to mention that the rules now favor the QB and the offense.
You can hardly touched the QB.

Who's going to say Doug Flutie wouldn't have better success nowadays?
Who's to say Doug Flutie wasn't successful.. He had cereal boxes namned after him. I think he peaked.

Y'all can save that discussion for the the draft thread.. (I don't think there's a quarterback in this draft worth taking 1 overall).

All I know is, there's a real chance we ***** up the #1 pick,.. especially after watching the Jags/Jets game. Honestly I think we can beat all three.. at worst 2 out of 3. Wouldn't be surprised if we won 3 straight. OUR DIVISION SUCKS!!!😵
Did you think Mahomes was worth 1.1?

Josh Allen?

Never heard you said so.

I was among the fews that pined for Mahomes and Allen in the draft forum.

You never frequented that forum so I can't tell what your thoughts were.

I don't frequent those forums. I hit on RBs outside of that, I just watch

I don't know which person to quote, but the size and style comps for Bryce Young are Fran Tarkenton and Joe Theismann. these QBs from a different era so 6'0 190 isn't quite the same, but these were undersized dropback passers who scrambled and moved around the pocket which is what Young.
Both HOF QB's I believe. Not saying Young will have that success but he won't get hit like they were

I think he could do better.. not by much, his legacy as is was pretty damn good and he made a good post career out of it... Just like Don Beebe
Maybe.
But there's no telling for sure.
Not only that, the rules could have generated more interests in shorter QBs.
All I was saying.

Back