Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Johnny "Football" Manziel NFL thread

Not really. Appetite suppressants are all essentially stimulants that carry their well-known problems. Pharmaceutical companies are trying to find a mixture that can control the satiety and fat storage hormone leptin............something that at present has been entirely elusive. Even if they develop such a drug its use is likely to carry its own significant dangers, as its hormonal effects would cascade into many body metabolic functions.

Thanks. Seems my best answers are proper diet and L. A. Fitness -- coming soon.

I hope that Manziel get's his act together before doing permanent harm. I really hate to see someone place such little value on the gift he was given.

Johnny Manziel Friends Concerned ... 'He's Gonna Die'

5/24/2016 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
0523-johnny-manziel-tmzsports-3.jpg
Johnny Manziel's drinking and drug use is worse than ever -- but the QB refuses to seek help ... and now people close to him are convinced he's going to die unless something changes soon.

Here's what we know ... Manziel has become even more reckless with his drug problem recently -- even blowing lines in front of people he barely knows.

"He's in a horrible downward spiral," one source very close to the QB tells TMZ Sports.

There have been multiple serious attempts to help Johnny -- with one group of close friends recently sitting him down and "confronting" him about his situation. But, as one source put it, "He flipped out and would not hear it."

His friends are desperately trying to get through to him but haven't been successful -- and they're hoping this story will serve as a wake-up call.

Maybe Vegas can reach him -- because, as multiple sources have told us, he's become persona non grata at several of the top spots after his violent outburst this past weekend at JEWEL nightclub at the Aria.

"He's too much of a risk," one high-powered nightclub source tells us ... "He's a good guy, but he's a f***ing mess."

Manziel is still living under the delusion that he'll make it back to the NFL -- and recently talked about his comeback plans with TMZ Sports. But no one has seen him training and when we asked him about it last month, the idea of working out seemed like a joke.

Instead, he continues to party like a maniac -- L.A., Vegas, Miami, Coachella, Dallas -- and, as one source put it, "If he continues this way for much longer he will die.”

His own father expressed grave concern about Johnny back in February -- saying if he doesn't get help, "he won't live to see his 24th birthday."

We reached out to Manziel's rep -- but she told us there was nothing she could say on the matter.

I think the people genuinely concerned for him are his friends. Unfortunately the leaches he surrounds himself with are just gonna suck everything out of him and tag along until his money or life ends. This guy is just effed. He's the only person that can save himself and I don't think he can do that anymore.

At this point it has become a sad "live fast, die young" example of too much wealth given to a very immature narcissist. He appears to be in a self-destructive death spiral based on his appearance, attitude, and reported actions. I hope he can come to his senses and seek help before it is too late.

I'm not the type to dislike any artist for being mainstream, but I can't get behind Bieber. They play his music every 5 or so songs here in Orlando, and I'm done with it. I'm changing the station immediately, every time.

I raaaaaareeely listen to music on the radio. It's either sports radio or some form of music where I can control what I'm listening to. A lot of FM radio stations play the same ish over and over again, Bieber and everyone else.

That's the way to go. I should have taken XM's offer for $5 a month back when we bought the Camry. Now, it's shitty sports radio and the same 12 songs on repeat with double the commercial time in between.

Do you have blue tooth on your car radio?

That's what I've got in my truck & I listen to Sports790 on iHeart, or SportsRadio610 on radio.com. The downside of that, I just watched the billboard music awards the other day & I realized I missed out on some good music.

Do you have blue tooth on your car radio?

That's what I've got in my truck & I listen to Sports790 on iHeart, or SportsRadio610 on radio.com. The downside of that, I just watched the billboard music awards the other day & I realized I missed out on some good music.

Ive been using Apple Music. And when I want to listen to sports talk I just switch to AM when I'm in Houston. Anywhere else and yeah...I use either iheart or tunein for local stations.

I guess everything is "ok" talking to a friend of mine this week. He says he doesn't understand Paul manziel.. Paul was in kerrville playing golf at Riverhill country club in a Tourney He said if that was his son, he'd already have grabbed him by the ear, dragged him home and got him in shape

Last edited:
I guess everything is "ok" talking to a friend of mine this week. He says he doesn't understand Paul manziel.. Pul was in kerrville playing golf at Riverhill country club in. Tourney he said if that was his son, he'd been already have grabbed him by the ear, dragged him home and got him in shape
Manziel's pathology comes from "above."

I guess everything is "ok" talking to a friend of mine this week. He says he doesn't understand Paul manziel.. Paul was in kerrville playing golf at Riverhill country club in a Tourney He said if that was his son, he'd already have grabbed him by the ear, dragged him home and got him in shape

This is just conjecture, but who would be surprised to find out that the family's bank account had more to do with raising JM then dad being an actual parent? You know, teaching right from wrong and other crazy **** like that?

Early on, I posted an extensive article detailing the Manziel family pathology. But I just came across another article by DeadSpin that goes even deeper and in more detail into the family's history........a history that certainly is in line with its product............JFF.........

I posted a link to this article back in March (post 1758);
the Manziel's were something else ...going back two-three generations

I posted a link to this article back in March (post 1758); the Manziel's were something else ...going back two-three generations
I thought that there were some familiar parts when I was reading it, but I thought it was overlap of the article I previously posted. Credit to you for finding it early on. After all that we've seen happening with Manziel recently, taking the time to review his family history at this time should be a premonitory reminder that this is playing out as the final chapter to the "book."

On Saturday, Manziel was to host a small party in NY for friends and family.............he never showed. Was this going to be an intervention that he discovered and purposely avoided?:spy:

A story that has been picked up by ESPN. Evidently, Manziel wasn't going to pay for the damage, just like the Mercedes situation.

Johnny Manziel Sued Over Alleged Drug Party You Wrecked Mansion, Pay Up

6/3/2016 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Manziel is being sued for allegedly wrecking the Hollywood Hills mansion he rented back in April -- with the real estate broker claiming the QB threw drug-fueled ragers in the place and destroyed thousands of dollars in property.

The man behind the suit is Nicholas Goodwin -- who says he was approached by a man who called himself "Travis" about renting the 5,000 square foot pad back in April. When "Travis" showed up to the home, Nick recognized it was really Johnny Manziel.

In his suit, filed by attorney Niki Ghazian, Goodwin says Manziel wanted to rent the place for two nights -- and said he'd keep things low key ... even agreeing to pay a huge fine if more than 15 people came to the house at one time.

But Goodwin says instead of low key, Manziel went berserk -- with huge ragers in the house involving guests who "were consuming drugs and alcohol on the property."

Goodwin says things got so crazy cops were even called to the home at one point.

Eventually, Goodwin says he had to call for "hazardous material clean up" to pick up the "narcotics" that were left behind.

Now, he's demanding more than $40,000 -- which includes a $10,000 party penalty plus thousands in damages for things like expensive rugs, broken glasses, tables, bathroom doors, statues, couches and more.

Lawyer: Manziel to prep for '16; source says QB knows '17 more feasible
4:48 PM CT
Jeremy FowlerESPN Staff Writer

Johnny Manziel is holding out hope for a return to football in 2016, but one source close to him says he recognizes that window might be closing, making a possible 2017 comeback attempt more feasible.

"His immediate plans are to start getting ready for football," said Manziel's attorney Jim Darnell. "We're working on it."

Since being released by the Browns in March, Manziel has been charged with misdemeanor assault charge for allegedly rupturing the eardrum of ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley in a January dispute, sued over a trashed rental home and dropped by two agents, Erik Burkhardt and Drew Rosenhaus.

An NFL team giving Manziel a chance in a 2016 training camp appears slim, and Manziel would be subject to the league's personal conduct policy upon return. The league is investigating Manziel's assault charge.

One family friend said the parents of Manziel, who in early 2015 spent 10 weeks in Caron Treatment Center in Eastern Pennsylvania, are "just sick" over their son's struggles. "This is a crisis," the friend said. "I hope someone kicks the s--- out of the kid and forces him to get right."

The man who drafted Manziel, former Browns general manager Ray Farmer, said the quarterback's immediate future is "tenuous."

"I'm concerned for the person more than I am the player," Farmer said. "I do hope Johnny finds the help he needs to put himself back together."

Manziel has a June 24 status hearing for the assault charge. His attorney said Manziel, who doesn't have to attend the hearing, will plead not guilty.

283a5b99cf209e14ec8e25233cf4cefd.jpg

So, I haven't been keeping up. Why is that I'm not supposed to empathize with Manziel's father?

Sorry, I still don't get where it's supposed to be Dad's fault if his son dies. Or at least that's the gist I'm getting from reading the posts.

Sorry, I still don't get where it's supposed to be Dad's fault if his son dies. Or at least that's the gist I'm getting from reading the posts.
You evidently haven't read the earlier posts that chronicle Manziel's father's enabling, making his son the affluenza teen, before the term was coined...............who has continued to be shielded to this day. For his father to show his supposed intense level of concern at this point, makes for only a disingenuous show...........a show to try to save face and deflect responsibility.

None of this excuses Johnny Manziel for the mess he has propagated of his life, and his failure to acknowledge his flagrantly pathological life style and change his destructive path.

Report: Johnny Manziel plans to go “completely sober” — Friday
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 29, 2016, 1:10 PM EDT

Maybe Johnny Manziel is taking seriously all the good advice people keep giving him to clean up his act.

At least he says he plans to, after this one sweet kegger he’s throwing in Mexico.

Manziel told TMZ that he’s “going completely sober starting July 1st.”

Of course, that gives him between now and Friday to get it all out of his system, and it seems like plenty of people with him aren’t taking the same pledge. TMZ has photos of a woman holding what appears to be an illicit substance, but Manziel said the drugs weren’t his and he didn’t know who the woman was.

That’s a perfect recipe for sobriety, of course. Just like giving yourself time for one last big blowout before becoming an adult.

And while he can promise to eat right, give up drinking and start “training like crazy,” Manziel’s actions have gotten us to the point where no one should put much stock in his words. The fact he was willing to taunt his father in one of his latest social media posts should tell us all we need to know.

Addiction is a bi*ch. I think the dude is a world class ahole both under the influence or sober, but I hope he gets his act together (but I doubt it).

361CF67B00000578-0-image-a-10_1468101399167.jpg

His sister is supposedly his "sober coach"..........she is evidently known as a
party animal herself.........of course, both now are seen clubbin'.

Hey, Johnny, at your age, shouldn't you have already learned how to tie your shoes?...................

I would love to see the Cowboys sign Manziel

I agree! Anything to make the Cowboys a circus is a good time! :D

Hey, Johnny, at your age, shouldn't you have already learned how to tie your shoes?...................

He looks like one of those east Texas meth head tweakers that you see walking up with some bullshit story at a gas station to get some change. He certainly does not look like a football player, much less a pro player.

He looks like the banjo boy fromDeliverance. If the banjo boy had been swimming in a river swarming with piranhas. I'm sure the pants are pricy but they look so effing stupid.
deliverance_banjo_player.jpg%3Fw%3D500

He looks like the banjo boy fromDeliverance. If the banjo boy had been swimming in a river swarming with piranhas. I'm sure the pants are pricy but they look so effing stupid.
deliverance_banjo_player.jpg%3Fw%3D500

Oye those freakin' pants. I have to wonder if he paid $2000 for them because Kanye sold them. That's what people on drugs do, make really stupid decisions with their money. That picture tells us what we already know: he'll never play another down of NFL football.

Oye those freakin' pants. I have to wonder if he paid $2000 for them because Kanye sold them. That's what people on drugs do, make really stupid decisions with their money. That picture tells us what we already know: he'll never play another down of NFL football.

Is Manziel's downward spiral the worst in NFL history? It is definitely worse than Jaramcus Russell because Russell at least got to start for a season or two. The only person I could compare him to I think is Maurice Clarrett who couldn't stop getting in trouble and hurt his draft status. He was phased out of the league in like half a year I think.

Is Manziel's downward spiral the worst in NFL history? It is definitely worse than Jaramcus Russell because Russell at least got to start for a season or two. The only person I could compare him to I think is Maurice Clarrett who couldn't stop getting in trouble and hurt his draft status. He was phased out of the league in like half a year I think.
Wow Clarrett was a 3rd round pick that got cut in training camp. He was bad, as far as profile and stature I'd say Maznziel is definitely top 3 worst downward spirals. He's giving Ryan Leaf a run for his money.

Wow Clarrett was a 3rd round pick that got cut in training camp. He was bad, as far as profile and stature I'd say Maznziel is definitely top 3 worst downward spirals. He's giving Ryan Leaf a run for his money.

Lawrence Phillips was a top 6 pick and a world class scumbag

Back