Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The issue is the owner!!!!

gafftop

All Pro
The owners are screwing the GREAT fans of Houston. We put money up to get stadium built and we deserve more, they view this team as a charitable vehicle. They do not care if the Texans win or lose. I have no answer on how you get a new owner but sadly that is the main problem. The fans and the Houston media has put no heat on the owners. In New York for instance they would be getting major flack from the media. Their grand plan maybe to be so shitty that all the fans return their PSLs and then they have more to sell to new owners. Again just my opinion and venting. I have basically tuned out on NFL football because it reminds me of the Texans. Probably should not have posted but wtf!

Hervoyel

BUENO!
For the most part you don't get a new owner. You just have to reconcile yourself to that. It happens maybe once in lifetime at best for most long-suffering fans and Houston already had our change when the Oiler's left. It looked like we upgraded for a little while and then the sad reality set it in. We're no better off than we were before.

Dejaview

All Pro
The owners are screwing the GREAT fans of Houston. We put money up to get stadium built and we deserve more, they view this team as a charitable vehicle. They do not care if the Texans win or lose. I have no answer on how you get a new owner but sadly that is the main problem. The fans and the Houston media has put no heat on the owners. In New York for instance they would be getting major flack from the media. Their grand plan maybe to be so shitty that all the fans return their PSLs and then they have more to sell to new owners. Again just my opinion and venting. I have basically tuned out on NFL football because it reminds me of the Texans. Probably should not have posted but wtf!
yeah, kinda. Your contribution would have been in the form of an increase in car rentals, hotel, and parking taxes that mostly fall on non Houstonians. But really the big benefactor is Houston and the Livestock show and Rodeo that vastly outdraws the Texans with over 2.5 million attendees in less than a month putting hundreds of millions yearly in Houston coffers.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Your contribution would have been in the form of an increase in car rentals, hotel, and parking taxes that mostly fall on non Houstonians.
Man, ain't that the truth. I can't afford to go to any concerts at the Rodeo because of the price gouging of hotels. Hell, even this past weekend, the Holiday Inn just north of NRG (connects to Red Lot) wanted to charge me $440 for a Saturday and Sunday night stay. Uh, go pound sand! The Comfort Inn and Suites off McNee Road (by the Pappas BBQ) was about ~$280. The Rodeo prices are just stupid! Even during the week.

Dejaview

All Pro
Man, ain't that the truth. I can't afford to go to any concerts at the Rodeo because of the price gouging of hotels. Hell, even this past weekend, the Holiday Inn just north of NRG (connects to Red Lot) wanted to charge me $440 for a Saturday and Sunday night stay. Uh, go pound sand! The Comfort Inn and Suites off McNee Road (by the Pappas BBQ) was about ~$280. The Rodeo prices are just stupid! Even during the week.
Lol, I spent one night at the Grand Hyatt on the Riverwalk (40 miles from home). The $300 bill didn’t make as sick as the $60 glass of Cognac at the bar. Friends Anniversary so I had to grin and bear it, so Houston isn’t the only screw job.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Yes, this choir grows larger by the day.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
It's always been an owner issue.
If we agree that it's an owner issue and the source of the Texans problems. Since the McNairs will not sell the team and the way they operate will not win a championship, why all the hand wringing about drafting a championship QB? Are we saying a championship QB can save the McNairs from themselves and win a championship?

Porky

Hall of Fame
This isn’t a new relevation for many of us. I started questioning ownership at least a decade ago when Bob was in charge. That said, Bob was a competent owner. Probably in the bottom third, but still competent. After his death, things went downhill very quickly. It’s no longer a competently run org and hasn’t been since Bob’s death. RIP.

Texian

Hall of Fame
This isn’t a new relevation for many of us. I started questioning ownership at least a decade ago when Bob was in charge. That said, Bob was a competent owner. Probably in the bottom third, but still competent. After his death, things went downhill very quickly. It’s no longer a competently run org and hasn’t been since Bob’s death. RIP.
Bob was a quiet low profile version of Jerry Jones.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If we agree that it's an owner issue and the source of the Texans problems. Since the McNairs will not sell the team and the way they operate will not win a championship, why all the hand wringing about drafting a championship QB? Are we saying a championship QB can save the McNairs from themselves and win a championship?
We're saying even the McNair's can get lucky and get a Burrow or Mahomes if the other mgmt is lucky. There's no QB like this in this draft IMHO. But I think Williams/Maye are like this so I would wait on a QB to the 2024 draft and strengthen the team to get it ready to add one of these QB's.

Just my philosophy.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I'm also of the opinion that there isn't a QB in the 2023 draft class worth the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. But the problem with any drafted player, no matter the position, is you never know what you got until he plays on the field. NFL history is littered with 1st round draft pick failures, along with lower round players becoming all-pros.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Who says Hannah is taking over? What we need is for the McNairs to decide to cash in their chips and then hope the new ownership has a clue which is no guarantee.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I'm also of the opinion that there isn't a QB in the 2023 draft class worth the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. But the problem with any drafted player, no matter the position, is you never know what you got until he plays on the field. NFL history is littered with 1st round draft pick failures, along with lower round players becoming all-pros.
Its also states that unless your name is Brady,Wilson,or Brees, qb that have won superbowls are 1st rd draft picks.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
We're saying even the McNair's can get lucky and get a Burrow or Mahomes if the other mgmt is lucky. There's no QB like this in this draft IMHO. But I think Williams/Maye are like this so I would wait on a QB to the 2024 draft and strengthen the team to get it ready to add one of these QB's.

Just my philosophy.
But do you see any Dak Prescott or Jalen Hurts?

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
All this talk about selling the team.

If you look at current value of the Texans by product on the field their true value is affordable even to me.

I believe I have pocket lint, a button and one of those multitool things given to me by my father in law. That would more than cover the value of the current product.

But obviously that price isnt enough to convince them to sell.

I wouldn't expect to see anyone selling anything until the Texans play well enough for someone rich enough to want to brag about owning them.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Who says Hannah is taking over? What we need is for the McNairs to decide to cash in their chips and then hope the new ownership has a clue which is no guarantee.
I said it. Hannah is taking over when Janice is out of the picture. Cal can’t stop her.

When Culley thanked the Texans organization he than Janice, Cal and Hannah.

She has reinvented Cal’s image with fans and has him flipping burgers.

I am telling you she is going to take over.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I said it. Hannah is taking over when Janice is out of the picture. Cal can’t stop her.

When Culley thanked the Texans organization he than Janice, Cal and Hannah.

She has reinvented Cal’s image with fans and has him flipping burgers.

I am telling you she is going to take over.
I don't know anything about her, but respect that she had the backbone to turn her back on Towel Boy while her husband couldn't hug him fast enough.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Her turning her back is likely just as much PR as the lovefest from Cal and players.

Fans that think it was a cash grab:
Cal/players hug - see? Everyone is happy we can all move forward.

Fans that despise DW:
She turns her back - Yeah! She doesn't excuse his horrible behavior.

It could be PR to try and not alienate a side of your fanbase.

Of course Im just a skeptic-pessimist in most dealings with people. She very well could be one that has standards and wont compromise.

If that is the type of person she is, it could be good or bad depending on her goals for the team if she does indeed take over.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In this case then you should pick whoever you think the best player will be.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Her turning her back is likely just as much PR as the lovefest from Cal and players.

Fans that think it was a cash grab:
Cal/players hug - see? Everyone is happy we can all move forward.

Fans that despise DW:
She turns her back - Yeah! She doesn't excuse his horrible behavior.

It could be PR to try and not alienate a side of your fanbase.

Of course Im just a skeptic-pessimist in most dealings with people. She very well could be one that has standards and wont compromise.

If that is the type of person she is, it could be good or bad depending on her goals for the team if she does indeed take over.
Maybe. . .

Or, perhaps she's just got more testosterone than her husband and holds a justified grudge against the slimy, sexual deviant that basically played her family like a fiddle.

I don't know, either way. We're just a desperate, hopeless fan base grabbing at any potential sign of a backbone in the owner's box, because we don't have much else to base hope on considering the last 2 decades of McNair ineptitude and incompetence.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Is Kirbyjon H Caldwell still a minor owner of Texans? IIRC he went to prison over tax fraud.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Maybe. . .

Or, perhaps she's just got more testosterone than her husband and holds a justified grudge against the slimy, sexual deviant that basically played her family like a fiddle.

I don't know, either way. We're just a desperate, hopeless fan base grabbing at any potential sign of a backbone in the owner's box, because we don't have much else to base hope on considering the last 2 decades of McNair ineptitude and incompetence.
As I said, maybe she is a person with standards...... I don't know her so I can not say for sure....

I have seen the Texans play the PR game better than the product on the field.

I don't blame them, its a business..... I simply dont trust everything at face value.

I would love to be wrong and her have standards she will not compromise and take the team somewhere Cal never could.... just not holding my breath.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
As I said, maybe she is a person with standards...... I don't know her so I can not say for sure....

I have seen the Texans play the PR game better than the product on the field.

I don't blame them, its a business..... I simply dont trust everything at face value.

I would love to be wrong and her have standards she will not compromise and take the team somewhere Cal never could.... just not holding my breath.
Yep. As was quoted here many years ago, the Texans are a marketing company with a football division. lol

I'm pessimistic about these owners, so my previous post was just wishful thinking based on rainbows and unicorn kisses. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Yep. As was quoted here many years ago, the Texans are a marketing company with a football division. lol

I'm pessimistic about these owners, so my previous post was just wishful thinking based on rainbows and unicorn kisses. Take it all with a grain of salt.
The Texans have been a mess since the beginning, which doesn't mean they can't accidently get it right. It does happen, and I've seen movies with unicorns in them.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I don't believe unicorns visit the gulf coast

At best we may get an agitated unigator farting Mardi Gras beads.

Its a shame too, cause if the beads were bigger DW might have stayed and looked forward to a visit from the unigator with more excitement and wonder than kids awaiting a visit from Santa on Christmas.