Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

David Nuño @ DavidNunoABC13
Kareem Jackson just got engaged and is a free agent "alot of things going on, it has been a busy 2015, all for the good though."

Kareem Jackson on JJo "I've talked to him on multiple occasions,he is doing great and given me some advice because he went through free agency

Kareem Jackson "In the five years i have learned alot from Andre and Chris Myers, on and off the field. Great ballplayers, men & fathers"

Kareem Jackson on Andre Johnson & Chris Myers "sometimes things happen and you dont expect it, but at the same time, you understand business

Kareem Jackson says "Id love to be here and continue to build on that."

Kareem Jackson adds "Great Sunday atmosphere, great organization, the way things started to progress and go in the right direction last yr.

Kareem Jackson says "Houston has been home to me the last five years,so i can appreciate everything Houston has to offer, great fans"

Kareem Jackson on if he still wants to remain w #Texans "definitely, I'd love to be here, continue my career as a Texan"

Kareem Jackson said "I think we are doing things the right way, I think we took some strides and steps in the right direction"

Spoke w #Texans FA CB Kareem Jackson -did not want to get into free agency but said "i think we are doing things the right way, MORE

Kareem Jackson just got engaged and is a free agent "alot of things going on, it has been a busy 2015, all for the good though."
My agent has been very busy since the season has ended, there are options, lots

Kareem Jackson says "Id love to be here and continue to build on that." as long as they want to pay me what I'm worth.

Kareem Jackson adds "Great Sunday atmosphere, great organization, the way things started to progress and go in the right direction last yr. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Kareem Jackson says "Houston has been home to me the last five years,so i can appreciate everything Houston has to offer, great fans" although I'm not opposed to change and new environment for the right price.

Kareem Jackson on if he still wants to remain w #Texans "definitely, I'd love to be here, continue my career as a Texan" as long as they want to pay what I'm worth.

Kareem Jackson said "I think we are doing things the right way, I think we took some strides and steps in the right direction" Hey, I'm not going to bite the hand of someone who may want to pay may me $300K per game.

LOL - you just throw whatever against the wall.

Welker didn't fill that need on his team last season with a HoF QB throwing for a 1000 more yds than the Texans.

Starting CB is a much bigger hole than slot WR. And you were against the idea of the extension without any consideration for at what price.

Yes I would be willing to extend him, but he probably will get more on the market than I would be willing to pay. If he hits the market, he's gone. I hope Bouye/Morris/Rolle continue to improve. Which is very possible because they are very young/talent. Look at how much better in their rookie seasons than KJ was. I would also add a CB in the draft and a mid level vet FA CB.

Yep,

Because

1. Welker fills a huge need on this team and you could probably sign him for 2 yrs 6 mill.

2.Where as Joseph will cost much more $$$$.

Welker didn't 'play nearly as well last season, and with Manning's strength falling down the stretch you would have thought that Welker's production would have gone up for the underneath throws he catches the majority of the the time. It didn't.

That isn't the real problem any way. He has to many concussions. He won't last the season. The likelihood is just way to minimal. I don't like the idea of having to count on some guy that I know has a very likely scenario of being injured. You can't stop him from taking big hits. He catches passes all over the middle and takes a ton of hits. His bell will get rung this season and he'll find a concussion that likely ends his career. Quite frankly I think Welker should retire right now. He has already had to many.

Welker didn't 'play nearly as well last season, and with Manning's strength falling down the stretch you would have thought that Welker's production would have gone up for the underneath throws he catches the majority of the the time. It didn't.

That isn't the real problem any way. He has to many concussions. He won't last the season. The likelihood is just way to minimal. I don't like the idea of having to count on some guy that I know has a very likely scenario of being injured. You can't stop him from taking big hits. He catches passes all over the middle and takes a ton of hits. His bell will get rung this season and he'll find a concussion that likely ends his career. Quite frankly I think Welker should retire right now. He has already had to many.

I agree about retirement

I was just pointing out that Welker and BOB have a past relationship and Welker should be available on the cheap. The main reasons Welker's production fell off is

1. Missed games because of concussions.
2. Manning got hurt and Denver started running the ball a lot more and used 2 TE's dropping Welkers usage rate.

Free Agent Profile: Kareem Jackson
Jackson.gif

...So what’s the bottom line?

Kareem Jackson may never be Darrelle Revis, but he does appear to have developed into a fine cover corner, albeit one who struggles a little bit with drawing the line the right side of what the officials will tolerate in terms of contact during his coverage.

He plays extremely well on the outside, and though he will occasionally get beaten, he would upgrade most teams looking for a starting cornerback and would be a fine target in free agency.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
At this point, it appears that #Texans CB Kareem Jackson will hit the free agent market. Will be among the more coveted defenders.
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin
Expect #Texans CB Kareem Jackson to push into the upper-end of this year's corner market. Versatile defender. Thin class.

Money going to get too high for KJ.

Man it's crazy, few years ago some wanted him ran out of town. Fast forward to today, we're discussing him as a highly coveted FA. Crazy

If AJ is gone it's not like we don't have the money

I'm hearing $10-$12 average if he leaves. These early contracts are big.

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Still a shot Jackson agrees with #Texans before Saturday's initial free-agency window. If not, his price will only rise on open market.

Negotiations ongoing between Kareem Jackson, #Texans. Both sides want to reach a deal. Just depends whether they can find middle ground.

Man it's crazy, few years ago some wanted him ran out of town. Fast forward to today, we're discussing him as a highly coveted FA. Crazy

KJ's improved but if the $$$$$ gets too high he's replaceable. I've got a feeling BOB/RAC aren't in love with holding onto Kubiak/Wade's leftovers at any cost. If KJ comes at a reasonable price he stays if not he goes.

KJ's improved but if the $$$$$ gets too high he's replaceable. I've got a feeling BOB/RAC aren't in love with holding onto Kubiak/Wade's leftovers at any cost. If KJ comes at a reasonable price he stays if not he goes.

If they hold if against players that they are "Kubiak/Wade leftovers" they're fools. Doesn't fit the system and price are legitimate reasons, not pettiness.

And let's not forget he's also a Smith "leftover."

If that's true, great news ! So will they also keep JonathonJoseph or will they cut him if Kareem has been retained ?

If they follow form, they'll be approaching Jjo about a pay cut in the next few days.

Back