Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The division title

Which Texans coach has ever had a “killer instinct”? Every Texans coaching staff seems far too eager to play the game “not to lose” once a lead is obtained. I just don’t think Caserio instructed the DB’s to drop potential INT’s or Fairbairn to miss those XP’s and FG. If just those 2 areas ended with better results…..the Texans would’ve actually looked as though they had finally opened a can of whoop-arse on another NFL team.

Which Texans coach has ever had a “killer instinct”? Every Texans coaching staff seems far too eager to play the game “not to lose” once a lead is obtained. I just don’t think Caserio instructed the DB’s to drop potential INT’s or Fairbairn to miss those XP’s and FG. If just those 2 areas ended with better results…..the Texans would’ve actually looked as though they had finally opened a can of whoop-arse on another NFL team.

Agreed, They have to make those plays. A GM shouldn’t be in his Coach’s ear during games either.

Not like we didn't see constant second half turtling from two different HC's in the last 15 years.

I know we love us a good conspiracy theory around here, but I just can't buy into the GM walking into the locker room at halftime and telling the HC to lose on purpose. That is beyond :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

They should’ve won this last game against the Patriots. The freaking GM is in the Coach’s ear. They went from being aggressive to passive. Why because winning is not important.
Even if the team gives it their all and tries to win every game it is doubtful they win very many games. I don't see where the team is good enough that they need to try to lose games. Maybe your right but I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Even if the team gives it their all and tries to win every game it is doubtful they win very many games. I don't see where the team is good enough that they need to try to lose games. Maybe your right but I just don't see it.
Agreed, but much like I do not agree with Darwins theory, some times people open their mouths and prove that though I don't agree.... he DID have a point.

Sometimes the calls made on and off the field do give credibility to the X-Files theme playing in the background.

Right now the Texans are 2 games behind the leader. Tennessee (the leader) are coming up on Buffalo, KC. Indy, Rams, Saints, then Houston.

Houston is coming up on Indy, Arizona, Rams, Miami, bye, & Tennessee.

Is it possible the Titans are 3-7, or 4-6 Nov 21

& the Texans 3-6?
How about 8-2 and likely 9-2 on 11/21. They have just set the NFL record for most injuries in a season and they keep winning. Their defense really has changed as some of their draft picks matured.

No way the Texans will beat the Colts this year.

& slim chance they beat Jacksonville @ Jacksonville.

But I like your optimism.
Texans weren’t supposed to beat the Titans either.
Let’s say the Texans finish 4-2 in AFCS. Wins against Jagsx2
Titans - 1
Colts - 1
Don’t know where I’m going with this, been a long past few days. All I care is we beat the Tacks and all those 3 teeth fans are saying it’s because they played backups all game.
Uh, the Texans starters are backups at best.

Titans - 1
Colts - 1
Don’t know where I’m going with this, been a long past few days. All I care is we beat the Tacks and all those 3 teeth fans are saying it’s because they played backups all game.

…..I believe it’s commonly referred to as, winning the battles and losing the war.

The Tacks are beaten up really badly. So this wouldn't surprise me.

This and plenty of other examples could be used by the Players Association to help push owners in increasing the amount of players dressing for game days. With the size and speed players are playing at in todays game and the impact injuries can have during games is far too unpredictable. Teams have a 53 man roster and are only permitted to dress 46 or 47 men on game day….I think it would be more than fair to increase the roster to 60 players while dressing 53 men on game day.

Last edited:
Titans - 1
Colts - 1
Well, if they keep winning the turnover battle 5-0, then maybe they have a chance to win some games. Don't really see that becoming a trend though.

Back