Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The division title

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Right now the Texans are 2 games behind the leader. Tennessee (the leader) are coming up on Buffalo, KC. Indy, Rams, Saints, then Houston.

Houston is coming up on Indy, Arizona, Rams, Miami, bye, & Tennessee.

Is it possible the Titans are 3-7, or 4-6 Nov 21

& the Texans 3-6?

Right now the Texans are 2 games behind the leader. Tennessee (the leader) are coming up on Buffalo, KC. Indy, Rams, Saints, then Houston.

Houston is coming up on Indy, Arizona, Rams, Miami, bye, & Tennessee.

Is it possible the Titans are 3-7, or 4-6 Nov 21

& the Texans 3-6?

Lose to Arizona and Rams, beat Indy and Miami. It's possible. I think it's more possible we only end up with one win out of those four though. I think it would be hilarious if the division winner was 8-9 this year. Or worse would be even better! LOL

It's really more about what Tennessee does. They'll probably beat Indy & they can keep Murray on the sideline, but they could lose both games as well & if the division isn't wide open, it will be.

Right. 10 point dogs to Indy??? I might just put a little something something on that.
I'm staying away from game like this.

Nothing worse than betting on a lowly dog than to watch it stinks. :brando:

When I do, I usually look for a game that I can take the Over.

So there's a chance that it won't be a lost decade? :):brando:
It will be atleast another 3 yrs before the Texans will be good again. When you put that together with Derricks 1st four yrs that's almost a lost decade and that decade can be directly tied to RS drafting Derrick. That and the fact that the McNair's own the team and would let the team be put in this position to begin with. The McNair's are getting what they deserve for not cleaning house when they fired Kubiak.

It will be atleast another 3 yrs before the Texans will be good again. When you put that together with Derricks 1st four yrs that's almost a lost decade and that decade can be directly tied to RS drafting Derrick. That and the fact that the McNair's own the team and would let the team be put in this position to begin with. The McNair's are getting what they deserve for not cleaning house when they fired Kubiak.
You're much more positive than I am.
I'm not seeing the AFCG in NC and DC's term.

Possible, yes.

Of course me winning the Texas lotto is "possible", not very "probable" though since I don't really play.

I would have been slightly optimistic IF they had closed the deal against the Pats but it is what it is.

I prefer my Texans to lead and own the AFCS but when we suck I am content with anyone but Titans.

Pretty sad if this dumpster fire is their biggest opposition, not holding my breath but if it happens. I wouldn't complain.

Titans aren't very good so its definitely possible. Julio Jones so far is giving off those vibes Andre Johnson gave off towards the end. Defensively, they straight up stink...might be as bad as us TBH. Could care less who wins this division though b/c its the worst division in football & whoever does win it only wins the rights to get slaughtered by LA/KC...Buffalo will likely be the top seed overall. Just make sure to give the titties the same "yeah but" vibes if/when the do win this trash division like all y'all were when the Texans were doing it.

The Texans could bust their collective arse trying to win, and still go 0-4.

The Texans winning the AFC South is absolutely not possible. A 3rd place finish would be something to strive for.

Well T-skyss question of the Titans possibly being 3-7 is in fact very possible seeing what they have coming up.....which is what i was answering.....& obviously you haven't seen the Titans play this year either.

Well T-skyss question of the Titans possibly being 3-7 is in fact very possible seeing what they have coming up.....which is what i was answering.....& obviously you haven't seen the Titans play this year either.
The Titans won't lose 5 in a row. The Texans won't win 2 of their next 4 games (or even 1 of their next 4). There will be no division title in Houston this year. Or next year.

Get back to me in 2023.

The Titans won't lose 5 in a row.
No one suggested they would. Do you think it’s possible they lose 3 of the next 4? 4 of the next 5?

I think they beat New Orleans.

There will be no division title in Houston this year.
Most likely not. However, I think it would be interesting if it’s in play Nov 21.

& I think it’s even less likely that the Texans will win two of the next 4.

The Titans won't lose 5 in a row. The Texans won't win 2 of their next 4 games (or even 1 of their next 4). There will be no division title in Houston this year. Or next year.

Get back to me in 2023.

Oh well now b/c YOU said it.....that settles it.. :rolleyes: .

Lol, you're arguing irrelevant semantics. whether they lose all 5 in a row or 4 of their next 5 doesn't change the fact that they're still not very good. They lost to the Jets at home...... & were fully healthy when that happened. a few more key injuries could see them slip even more...which brings the division into play whether you want to admit that or not.

No one suggested they would. Do you think it’s possible they lose 3 of the next 4? 4 of the next 5?

I think they beat New Orleans.

Most likely not. However, I think it would be interesting if it’s in play Nov 21.

& I think it’s even less likely that the Texans will win two of the next 4.

To much “thinking” not enough “doing”. Talk to me about justifying opinion based off facts not conjecture. Lol

AFCS QBs
Tannehill
Wentz
Sunshine
Taylor/Mills

Probably the 4 worst starting division QBs in the league. Without going over every division. The NFCE may be just as bad but Dak kind of picks em up.

This division is horrible. They will be a simple tune up game for the first WC weekend game.
Arizona has 5 wins by themselves. The AFC South combined has 5 wins.

The GM wants them to tank. Lol that’s the problem
The team is 1-4 because they were not good enough to win. I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with the GM wanting the team to tank. I started off thinking our team is better than they are but I have come to the realization that they are not that good. NC built the team the best he could for this season. It is highly unlikely he could construct our team to be a 500 or better team. We must just deal with a few seasons of less than average football. If we are contenders within the next three seasons I am okay with the process. It is highly unlikely our Texans do much in the way of winning games the rest of this season or several seasons to come. It won't be because they did not put forth the effort or coach Culley did things to make them lose on purpose. I hate it but even with their best effort each week our Texans are one of the three or four worst teams in the NFL. They don't need to tank to get early draft picks next season.

The team is 1-4 because they were not good enough to win. I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with the GM wanting the team to tank. I started off thinking our team is better than they are but I have come to the realization that they are not that good. NC built the team the best he could for this season. It is highly unlikely he could construct our team to be a 500 or better team. We must just deal with a few seasons of less than average football. If we are contenders within the next three seasons I am okay with the process. It is highly unlikely our Texans do much in the way of winning games the rest of this season or several seasons to come. It won't be because they did not put forth the effort or coach Culley did things to make them lose on purpose. I hate it but even with their best effort each week our Texans are one of the three or four worst teams in the NFL. They don't need to tank to get early draft picks next season.

They should’ve won this last game against the Patriots. The freaking GM is in the Coach’s ear. They went from being aggressive to passive. Why because winning is not important.

Back