Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The disrespect @Madden

DanielTx

Veteran
Madden 20 has Deshaun rated a 82. Mahomes is a 97. The biggest skill gap is awareness between the 2 according to madden. Watson awareness is 77 while mahomies is a 92.

Can anyone clarify why Watson awareness isnt low 90s due to being the most sacked and pressure qb all while putting up 26 tds 9 ints 500+ rushing yards and being named a pro bowler?

Madden 20 has Deshaun rated a 82. Mahomes is a 97. The biggest skill gap is awareness between the 2 according to madden. Watson awareness is 77 while mahomies is a 92.

Can anyone clarify why Watson awareness isnt low 90s due to being the most sacked and pressure qb all while putting up 26 tds 9 ints 500+ rushing yards and being named a pro bowler?
Did you watch mahomes play last season?

A more interesting thought exercise would be just switch the two and send Watson to KC and Mahomes to OB and then see how they get rated.

I guarantee you Mahomes under OB and behind our line wouldn't be perceived as the football god like everyone thinks of him now. And Watson would probably be kicking ass.

Perhaps because he was sacked 62 times, many of those on him?

That’s right because his playcalling has been perfect. How is it his fault if he’s the most pressured qb in the league? The moment he hikes the ball. A defensive player has beaten one of his line men.

So...you expected our guy to be rated close to the cover athlete? I don’t know why. I haven’t really checked for Madden since like 2007...got boring.

Besides, what the ratings are NOW is irrelevant, they update them every single week after games. Mahomes was 1 of the biggest jumpers each week last year..went from high 70’s to like 98 by the end of the season.

As mentioned, being sacked 62 times, holding the ball too long, not recognizing blitzes pre-snap, not realizing the pocket was collapsing, not sensing pressure. Fighter pilots call it situational awareness.

So...you expected our guy to be rated close to the cover athlete? I don’t know why. I haven’t really checked for Madden since like 2007...got boring.

Besides, what the ratings are NOW is irrelevant, they update them every single week after games. Mahomes was 1 of the biggest jumpers each week last year..went from high 70’s to like 98 by the end of the season.

Players ***** about fans whining about their fantasy numbers, but cry over their Madden ratings. What is the difference ?

And he had it before O’Brien “coached” him up.

Not a large enough sample size to say that 'he had it'. Hopes were he did, but then didn't. I'm sure OB had something to do with it

Coming from a 30 year gamer all of you should be happy if Madden does rate the Texans players low because that means they won't be put on the Ultra-rare, several hundred dollars to get list. Madden is owned by EA which is well known to screw over their customers on their sports games. Why else would they release what amounts to the same game every year with a fresh $60 price tag. You could still be playing Madden 2015 and never notice the difference if they released updated stats and roster changes for free.

Still rocking madden 17............. so............ ranked 254 overall. :D

Ill buy madden 19 when its 5 bucks on ebay............. I am smart

15th. The D is tied for #1...at 88, offense at 78. The Line hold the offense back. Madden does rate Howard lower than Dillard by 4 point in overall. However, Development trait has Howard as "Star", Dillard is "Normal".
Madden is a video game. Who cares?

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the trade proposals & "I can do better than Cletus." talk around here. The real world doesn't concern many a Texans fan.

This board hardly constitutes the majority of Texans fans

Madden is a video game. Who cares?

Has just as much meaning as any other sports talking head that puts rating on teams. For instance the power ranking the NFL puts out. Mileage varies from person to person on how they value that, I personally think they are all BS, but just because it's in video game format doesn't make it less accurate.

Here is a peek at how the sausage is made.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/madden/

Back