Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Bud Adams/Jeff Fisher/Vince Young Love Triangle

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Young starting was mandated by Bud, it's a well known fact that Fisher hated Young as a person/player.
Do you have a source?
And why didn't Young start until game 4?
And why did he get benched for old man Collins in 2008?

The Rams went all in for Goff, trading up from 16.
If anything, their ownership should have wanted to see him starting sooner.

Chandler started a good portion of McNair's rookie season before getting knocked out by a concussion, or I doubt McNair would've gotten to play. Fun fact: Chandler got traded to the Falcos, stayed healthy and lead the Falcons to a SB.

Young starting was mandated by Bud, it's a well known fact that Fisher hated Young as a person/player.
Bud Adams may want Vince Young to start, but there was never an indication of a mandate to Fisher

When an owner tells you to do something, if it's not illegal you do it.
Not every owner is controlling.
Go back and look at the history.

Somewhere close is Trey Lance.
He was a high draft pick.
What's his situation the last 3 years.

Even the guy you mentioned that was Bud Adams, never issued an ultimatum to Fisher.
As a HC, Fisher was never 100% committed to Young.

You took ít to mean that Fisher had something against Young.
So what?
Fisher never succumbed to your theory that when the owner says ít, the HC has got to do so.

If that was the case, Fisher would never had another HC job after the Titans.

Not every owner is controlling.
Go back and look at the history.

Somewhere close is Trey Lance.
He was a high draft pick.
What's his situation the last 3 years.

Even the guy you mentioned that was Bud Adams, never issued an ultimatum to Fisher.
As a HC, Fisher was never 100% committed to Young.

You took ít to mean that Fisher had something against Young.
So what?
Fisher never succumbed to your theory that when the owner says ít, the HC has got to do so.

If that was the case, Fisher would never had another HC job after the Titans.
Lmao, Fisher didn't want Young drafted to begin with. You must not know Adams. Adams wanted to draft Young to stick it to the city of Houston and yes, he did make Fisher play VY. And no, I don't have a link and wouldn't post it if I did.

I will tell you what you want to hear so maybe you will shut the F up. You're correct.
Smdh, I'm moving on, obviously you know very little about Oilers history. I would suggest a book called Oiler Blues.

Fisher did what the boss wanted.

Lmao, Fisher didn't want Young drafted to begin with. You must not know Adams. Adams wanted to draft Young to stick it to the city of Houston and yes, he did make Fisher play VY. And no, I don't have a link and wouldn't post it if I did.

I will tell you what you want to hear so maybe you will shut the F up. You're correct.
Smdh, I'm moving on, obviously you know very little about Oilers history. I would suggest a book called Oiler Blues.

Fisher did what the boss wanted.
I have a link and will post it..

From the horse's mouth.. interview in 2017 between Paul Kuharsky (the guy when it came to Titan's coverage) and Jeff Fisher himself..

It was no secret that Bud Adams forced VY on Jeff Fisher and the Titan's front office. It was widely reported on. You have to remember, Bud Adams owned the Titans, but he lived in Houston.

He moved the team, but he never left. He was right here during all of the post rose bowl N.C. "hometown savior" mania.. back when Mattress Mack was taking out full page ads in the Chronicle.

Notice in the interview Fisher says Bud called them after we signed Mario? Bud probably thought the Texans were as high on Vince as he and the city were. When he became available, Bud HAD to have him.. it killed two birds with one stone.

#1. Bud really loved the player (still the best college football game I've ever seen). He was on a VY high.

#2. Another opportunity to stick it and shoot the bird to Houston. Reason why as soon as we signed Mario he was willing to trade their 2nd round pick (basically late 1st rounder) to move up one spot when that team or anyone else didn't even want to take him there 😆 Bud had one glory game where Vince ran it back in O.T. against Houston, probably the first stiffy the bastard had in 20 years.

People in Tenn. where the team he owned resides didn't care about Vince.. Their "V.Y." was Cutler, who played his collegiate career in Nashville. The Titans brass didn't hire Norm Chow to coach Vince Young. Bud Adams forced Young on his front office and coach.

Last edited:
Can [mention]76Texan [/mention] and [mention]steelbtexan [/mention] take your VY and Jeff Fisher talk elsewhere? No one cares except you two.

You are ruining a really good thread here.

Great thread even if most of the pictures are gone and my old a$$ can't recall them all...

btw, I didn't know you were also a MW player

Yeah, it's a shame that we lost some of those images, because apparently they were hilarious. lol

I had to read the thread to recall what MW meant. It's been a long time since I played that one!

Lots of names in that thread no longer with us, too. Either passed or moved on in life.

I don't think so.
They had 0 wins until Young played. We all know Bud, fisher was coming off bad seasons. The 2nd time, it was again the team playing poorly until VY was inserted and they made the playoffs again. Yes, Norm and Fisher wanted Lienhart because of Chow who coached Matt at USC. Again he saved Fisher job twice. Where Titans missed the boat, they should've chosen one or the other. Instead, the cut Young and fired Fisher in the same off-season.

They had 0 wins until Young played. We all know Bud, fisher was coming off bad seasons. The 2nd time, it was again the team playing poorly until VY was inserted and they made the playoffs again. Yes, Norm and Fisher wanted Lienhart because of Chow who coached Matt at USC. Again he saved Fisher job twice. Where Titans missed the boat, they should've chosen one or the other. Instead, the cut Young and fired Fisher in the same off-season.
I didn't even know nor care that my little discussion with Steelbtexan was moved until you quoted me.

I'm not sure about all the stories in that timeline, but that was not the point.

The point was that not everybody does as the Big Boss says, especially in the NFL.

These HCs are paid big bucks; it's easy for them to walk away.

Some of them still collect millions of dollars after they got fired.

Back