Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The all encompassing DW4 good plays thread

I would love to see you tell any NFL player his stats are meaningless. The response will be classic.

Again another hate driven agenda. And you want members on here to actually believe you’re not.

So I ask you again, if the Texans would’ve completed the comeback in those games. Would those stats be meaningless?

Put an asterisk by the others....I’m pretty ducking sure the others weren’t strapped to a shite-show like the Texans when they posted their numbers.

You must think DW4'S the GOAT if he can be in this crowd with no coaching. LMAO
I would love to see you tell any NFL player his stats are meaningless. The response will be classic.

Again another hate driven agenda. And you want members on here to actually believe you’re not.

So I ask you again, if the Texans would’ve completed the comeback in those games. Would those stats be meaningless?

I will tell you those stats aren't meaningless when it comes contract time.

Otherwise they are meaningless.

If you throw out the first two games of the season (without a pre season, with two new receivers one new HB and no Hopkins, against two very good defenses) Watson is up there at around the best qbr of the whole league. And this while still taking close to the highest number of sacks.

Watson Has his deficiencies but overall he is having a real good season. If our running game and defense were there, we would be a dark horse contender this year.

If this can simply be dismissed as garbage time stats, wouldn't any average to above average QB who play for perennial losing teams be on the list? For example, Matthew Stafford, Phillip Rivers, or Matt Ryan?

You love you some garbage time kings.

Nice deflection thoui. BTW, Ryan's stats this year aren't garbage time stats.

If you throw out the first two games of the season (without a pre season, with two new receivers one new HB and no Hopkins, against two very good defenses) Watson is up there at around the best qbr of the whole league. And this while still taking close to the highest number of sacks.

Excuses. The only way we'll see if any of those things matter is if we sneak into the playoffs & Watson gets to face those teams again without those excuses.

Matt Ryan isn't on that list at all... for any year he's been in the league. That's the point. It's an exclusive list.

To me, it's one of those "stats" that no one knew was a stat. So truthfully it's hard to tell what it actually says. But at it's simplest level, it puts Watson in very exclusive company.

Excuses. The only way we'll see if any of those things matter is if we sneak into the playoffs & Watson gets to face those teams again without those excuses.

I am not sure what you mean by excuses - even with those two games he is 7th at qbr (among full time QBs) and 7th at yards per game, 8th at tds per game (and he has had a by week). These are not the stats of a bad qb. And he has faced some of the toughest defenses in the league already. Nobody here is declaring him MVP, but he is having a good season.

You love you some garbage time kings.

BTW. You sure seemed to love garbage stats when you were posting about Nate Peterman’s preseason performance being better than Watson. I guess garbage is in the eye of the beholder.

We Texans fans dont want to admit this, but Peterman has looked better than Watson this preseason.

Last edited:
I really don't get why Deshaun Watson is the most debated player on this forum??? There's alot of problems on this team before we even get to Deshaun's play. The fact we got ZERO run game is a much bigger concern. We invested so much in our OL and RBs, but we are 2nd to LAST in rushing yards per game. Let's please focus on the real problems w/ this team.

If this can simply be dismissed as garbage time stats, wouldn't any average to above average QB who play for perennial losing teams be on the list? For example, Matthew Stafford, Phillip Rivers, or Matt Ryan?

Man I watched the Saints comeback from a 20 point deficit to beat our very own Texan team. In the first half Drew Brees and company we’re playing like skit and got behind bad. In the second half Drew and Company went to work on the Texans prevent defense. The result was a victory for the Saints.
Another example: Russell Wilson and the Seahawks got behind 20+ to our Texans. I think the Seahawks only had 3 points in the first half. In the second half Russ and Company put on a comeback clinic. We had no answer for Russ taking off for big running gains. Low and behold those meaningless padding of the stats put them in position to win. Guess what another great comeback against the Texans on that day.

This is why I don’t get this notion of what some of these members on here eluding to here. They’re acting as if they never seen this before in their life. They are using this as a knock on Watson verses saying they were still fighting and playing hard to the very end.

Yesterday Russell and crew were still throwing the ball deep after getting down big against the Bills. The finally score was 44-34. Are these same folks saying Russ was padding his stats in garbage time?

You must think DW4'S the GOAT if he can be in this crowd with no coaching. LMAO

I will tell you those stats aren't meaningless when it comes contract time.

Otherwise they are meaningless.

Quite the opposite steelb......my analysis on Watson is that he's been a pretty damn good QB based on the coaches and talent he's been surrounded with. The other QB's on that list were simply with much better teams when they accomplished that feat.

The more you keep beating this drum of slanted observations the more I might start believing that you are being observation driven on something far more than just his play. You continually fail to make any observations about the team and coaches he's been strapped with since arriving in Houston.

I really don't get why Deshaun Watson is the most debated player on this forum??? There's alot of problems on this team before we even get to Deshaun's play. The fact we got ZERO run game is a much bigger concern. We invested so much in our OL and RBs, but we are 2nd to LAST in rushing yards per game. Let's please focus on the real problems w/ this team.
Very true. Unfortunately, regardless of the topic, Watson is injected into the conversation with the frequency and efficiency of a Russian bot.

Hey, it's only $39M, not 40. :brando:
No, I don't think any QB deserves that kind of money until he win a SB, or at least get a team to the SB.
As I had said before, there should be a number of bonus clauses attached to that contract.

That contract is on the GM/HC and owner
It doesn't work that way

It doesn't work that way
Why not?
Mahomes' has a couple of incentive bonus clause.

Rodgers' also has an incentive bonus clause.

Quite the opposite steelb......my analysis on Watson is that he's been a pretty damn good QB based on the coaches and talent he's been surrounded with. The other QB's on that list were simply with much better teams when they accomplished that feat.

The more you keep beating this drum of slanted observations the more I might start believing that you are being observation driven on something far more than just his play. You continually fail to make any observations about the team and coaches he's been strapped with since arriving in Houston.

I think the coaches have been avg while he's been here and the talent around him has been good enough. What bothers me is his playing style hasn't changed at all in the 4 yrs he's been in the NFL. I dont see this changing anytime soon. You do with a new HC. Nothing wrong with this Fact is as of right now DW4's not good enough to bring a Lombardi to Kirby right now regardless of who the HC is. IMHO

You think differently and that's OK. I dont think that you're one of those WOF that puts how DW4 plays above the team like some on here do. We just have to agree to disagree. Good thing is we will know who's right or wrong in a couple of yrs. (God willing)

I think the coaches have been avg while he's been here and the talent around him has been good enough. What bothers me is his playing style hasn't changed at all in the 4 yrs he's been in the NFL. I dont see this changing anytime soon. You do with a new HC. Nothing wrong with this Fact is as of right now DW4's not good enough to bring a Lombardi to Kirby right now regardless of who the HC is. IMHO

You think differently and that's OK. I dont think that you're one of those WOF that puts how DW4 plays above the team like some on here do. We just have to agree to disagree. Good thing is we will know who's right or wrong in a couple of yrs. (God willing)
You're such a comedian. :ahhaha:
Putting the SB on one player already.
No wonder people don't take you seriously.

Did you notice that Mahomes never had to change his style of QB'ing from Texas Tech to KC? Reid knew what he had with Mahomes and set out to modify his offense to fit this guys skill-set. Much easier to modify the playbook versus modifying the QB.

How many years have we watched one QB after another crash and burn in the NFL b/c they came from a version of the Run-N-Shoot in college to an NFL team and HC who wanted to cram them into a square hole? I think many more of these QB's could've enjoyed success in the NFL had their coaches been more flexible with their offenses and playbooks.

I think the coaches have been avg while he's been here and the talent around him has been good enough. What bothers me is his playing style hasn't changed at all in the 4 yrs he's been in the NFL. I dont see this changing anytime soon. You do with a new HC. Nothing wrong with this . Fact is as of right now DW4's not good enough to bring a Lombardi to Kirby right now regardless of who the HC is. IMHO

@steelbtexan 's definition of "good enough":

Wicked humor he has. :corrosion:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW. You sure seemed to love garbage stats when you were posting about Nate Peterman’s preseason performance being better than Watson. I guess garbage is in the eye of the beholder.

Preseason?

Your talking preseason?

LMAO

Did you notice that Mahomes never had to change his style of QB'ing from Texas Tech to KC? Reid knew what he had with Mahomes and set out to modify his offense to fit this guys skill-set. Much easier to modify the playbook versus modifying the QB.

How many years have we watched one QB after another crash and burn in the NFL b/c they came from a version of the Run-N-Shoot in college to an NFL team and HC who wanted to cram them into a square hole? I think many more of these QB's could've enjoyed success in the NFL had their coaches been more flexible with their offenses and playbooks.
Mahomes had a losing college career.
I wonder what made steelbtexan like him as an QB prospect?
He played against a lot of bad defenses.
He ran up a lot of garbage stats.

That’s it he didn’t see him go up against elite college defenses.

But hey let me mind my business because I don’t want to come off argumentative, one sided, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

From now on those guys are 100% accurate on their deliberations of Watson play. He isn’t improving, and the flaws out weighs the little positives to his game. Any other quarterback would excel under this type of distress.

But hey let me mind my business because I don’t want to come off argumentative, one sided, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

From now on those guys are 100% accurate on their deliberations of Watson play. He isn’t improving, and the flaws out weighs the little positives to his game. Any other quarterback would excel under this type of distress.
He just makes me laugh is all. :brando:

A great arm and accuracy, in addition to great genes. His dad was a pro athlete and he knows what leadership looks like since he was a small child.

I'm all good with this as long as IF he's not successful after the st yr and a half under the new regime you will stop making excuses for him and admit he's an avg QB.

A great arm and accuracy, in addition to great genes. His dad was a pro athlete and he knows what leadership looks like since he was a small child.
But he was never able to win or even have a decent game against a good defense.
Actually, he never saw a good defense.
The most decent defense he saw was W. Virginia (37th in scoring defense) and he had one.of his worse games.
His team scored just 17 points, and the last 7 points was actually a garbage time TD by the backup QB.

No knock against Mahomes Sr., but his 5.74 career ERA doesn't seem like great genes, especially from different sports.

Watson won State in high school and he won the National Title in college against much better defenses.

No knock against Mahomes Sr., but his 5.74 career ERA doesn't seem like great genes, especially from different sports.

Watson won State in high school and he won the National Title in college against much better defenses.

Hey in college he had one read and go. They won in spite of his glaring flaws. He didn’t do anything special to help Clemson win the National Title game let along help them get there.

They are 1000 % accurate here 76

Hey in college he had one read and go. They won in spite of his glaring flaws. He didn’t do anything special to help Clemson win the National Title game let along help them get there.

They are 1000 % accurate here 76

You do realize

1 He's been in the NFL longer than he was at Clemson?
2. The NFL ain't college. Apples/Oranges.

But he was never able to win or even have a decent game against a good defense.
Actually, he never saw a good defense.
The most decent defense he saw was W. Virginia (37th in scoring defense) and he had one.of his worse games.
His team scored just 17 points, and the last 7 points was actually a garbage time TD by the backup QB.

When has Tech ever had a good team? I guess that yr Harrell was the QB.

Mahomes played on some very bad teams. Bottom line is I wanted the Texans to draft him and RS didn't. The rest is history.

You actually think Mahomes style of play hasn't changed? I think he's throwing from the pocket much more effectively than he was in college and from under center. He's always had a great arm with accuracy and anticipation. He's also gotten much better at taking something off of his fastball on short/intermediate throws. So yes he's improved and his style of play has changed.

You actually think Mahomes style of play hasn't changed? I think he's throwing from the pocket much more effectively than he was in college and from under center. He's always had a great arm with accuracy and anticipation. He's also gotten much better at taking something off of his fastball on short/intermediate throws. So yes he's improved and his style of play has changed.

Better coaching and just like you said it’s oranges to apples from college to professional.

It’s a beautiful thing when you have an actual quarterback guru. You don’t have to worry about the dysfunctional crap the Texans organization is going through. You don’t have to worry about a coach trying to force you into a system that doesn’t fit their skill set.

But you’re again 1000% accurate here.

Back