Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The 2012 "Rate My Draft" Thread

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
I drew #3 in a 10-team, 16 round snake draft. I usually start with 2 RB's, but I went BPA instead this time for the first 3 rounds.

1. Ray Rice
2. Cam Newton
3. Rob Gronkowski
4. Trent Richardson
5. Steve Smith (CAR)
6. Demariyus Thomas
7. BenJarvus Green-Ellis
8. Philip Rivers
9. Tony Gonzalez
10. Michael Crabtree
11. Sebastian Janikowski
12. Steelers DST
13. Darius Heyward-Bey
14. Falcons DST
15. Greg Little
16. Bernard Pierce

It seems like there wasn't a whole lot to choose from, but I say that every year.

I also used a new FF service this time around. Their waiver wire advice was great last year, but I didn't get to use them for the draft.

I drew #3 in a 10-team, 16 round snake draft. I usually start with 2 RB's, but I went BPA instead this time for the first 3 rounds.

1. Ray Rice
2. Cam Newton
3. Rob Gronkowski
4. Trent Richardson
5. Steve Smith (CAR)
6. Demariyus Thomas
7. BenJarvus Green-Ellis
8. Philip Rivers
9. Tony Gonzalez
10. Michael Crabtree
11. Sebastian Janikowski
12. Steelers DST
13. Darius Heyward-Bey
14. Falcons DST
15. Greg Little
16. Bernard Pierce

It seems like there wasn't a whole lot to choose from, but I say that every year.

I also used a new FF service this time around. Their waiver wire advice was great last year, but I didn't get to use them for the draft.

Richardson and Green-Ellis both seem fairly high and why draft 2 DST's much less 1? I'm not saying there is only one way to draft but typically there are anywhere from 15 to 22 DST units available after a draft and why not use those picks on skill players who might have a good preseason? Riding match ups (say whoever was playing the Colts in a given week last year) will still get you a ton of points.

12 Team standard. Picked #6.

Went McCoy 1, Cam 2, Green 3, Jones 4, Finley 5, Bradshaw 6, Texans D 7, Blackmon 8, DWilliams 9, Akers 10, Wilson 11, RWilliams 12, Wright 13, Giants D 14, Moss 15, Flynn 16, Lewis 17.

QB Cam Newton, Car QB
RB LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
RB Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB P
WR A.J. Green, Cin WR
WR Julio Jones, Atl WR
WR Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
TE Jermichael Finley, GB TE P
D/ST Texans D/ST D/ST
K David Akers, SF K

Bench DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Bench David Wilson, NYG RB
Bench Ryan Williams, Ari RB P
Bench Kendall Wright, Ten WR
Bench Giants D/ST D/ST
Bench Santana Moss, Wsh WR
Bench Matt Flynn, Sea QB
Bench Dion Lewis, Phi RB

12 team league. Picked 5th. PPR.

Starting lineup:
QB Aaron Rodgers(1st round pick)
WR Larry Fitzgerald(2nd round pick)
WR Jeremy Maclin(5th round pick)
RB Trent Richardson(3rd round pick)
RB Darren Sproles(4th round pick)
TE Tony Gonzalez(10th round pick)
W/R Antonio Brown(6th round pick)
K Robbie Gould(15th round)
D/ST Seattle(11th round)

Bench:
Peyton Hillis
David Wilson
Reggie Wayne
Ryan Fitzpatrick
James Starks
Mario Manningham

12 Team standard. Picked #6.

Went McCoy 1, Cam 2, Green 3, Jones 4, Finley 5, Bradshaw 6, Texans D 7, Blackmon 8, DWilliams 9, Akers 10, Wilson 11, RWilliams 12, Wright 13, Giants D 14, Moss 15, Flynn 16, Lewis 17.

QB Cam Newton, Car QB
RB LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
RB Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB P
WR A.J. Green, Cin WR
WR Julio Jones, Atl WR
WR Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
TE Jermichael Finley, GB TE P
D/ST Texans D/ST D/ST
K David Akers, SF K

Bench DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Bench David Wilson, NYG RB
Bench Ryan Williams, Ari RB P
Bench Kendall Wright, Ten WR
Bench Giants D/ST D/ST
Bench Santana Moss, Wsh WR
Bench Matt Flynn, Sea QB
Bench Dion Lewis, Phi RB

Not a big fan of Bradshaw as an RB, but Giants RB's are hard to pin down from year to year anyway. I'm also not a big fan of rookie WR's (Usually only 1 or 2 end up being good their rookie year). Boom or bust team.

12 team league. Picked 5th. PPR.

Starting lineup:
QB Aaron Rodgers(1st round pick)
WR Larry Fitzgerald(2nd round pick)
WR Jeremy Maclin(5th round pick)
RB Trent Richardson(3rd round pick)
RB Darren Sproles(4th round pick)
TE Tony Gonzalez(10th round pick)
W/R Antonio Brown(6th round pick)
K Robbie Gould(15th round)
D/ST Seattle(11th round)

Bench:
Peyton Hillis
David Wilson
Reggie Wayne
Ryan Fitzpatrick
James Starks
Mario Manningham

How was Richardson at catching the ball out of the backfield at 'bama? I know hillis isn't going to get a lot of passes out of the backfield but in a PPR league RB's that catch the ball a lot are pretty valuable as well. I think Wayne is going to end up with more catches than Maclin but other than that seems decent all around.

I still hate seeing people draft DST's with anything other than the last pick if at all. Those spots could be late round flyers on guys who could contribute more and there's almost certainly a defense or 5 that didn't get picked this year that are going to be stellar. It always happens like that.

How was Richardson at catching the ball out of the backfield at 'bama? I know hillis isn't going to get a lot of passes out of the backfield but in a PPR league RB's that catch the ball a lot are pretty valuable as well. I think Wayne is going to end up with more catches than Maclin but other than that seems decent all around.

I still hate seeing people draft DST's with anything other than the last pick if at all. Those spots could be late round flyers on guys who could contribute more and there's almost certainly a defense or 5 that didn't get picked this year that are going to be stellar. It always happens like that.

Richardson can do it all. If he's healthy I bet he can touch the ball well over 300 times this year including 40-50 times catching.

Drafting a D/ST at that spot is really not much of a risk at all. I let people get all the big name defenses like the Texans and the Niners early and just grabbed a solid defense late(I was the second to last person to pick a defense). I don't have any ties to be forced to keep Seattle if they're doing poorly and i usually pick up 4 or 5 different defenses during the year during bye weeks and bad matchups.

Richardson can do it all. If he's healthy I bet he can touch the ball well over 300 times this year including 40-50 times catching.

Drafting a D/ST at that spot is really not much of a risk at all. I let people get all the big name defenses like the Texans and the Niners early and just grabbed a solid defense late(I was the second to last person to pick a defense). I don't have any ties to be forced to keep Seattle if they're doing poorly and i usually pick up 4 or 5 different defenses during the year during bye weeks and bad matchups.

I just waiver wire defenses and go by match-ups unless I grab a defense that gets hot. Last year my "Pick up defenses playing against the Colts" strategy worked pretty damn well about 12 of the 16 weeks of the football season. That 11th rounder in my league could've been one of Robert Meachem, Justin Blackmon, Ben Roethlisberger, Santonio Holmes, all kinds of guys that could possibly be a nice sleeper.

There will still be defenses and special teams units that will probably put up 140 - 160 points this year that did not get drafted.

I just waiver wire defenses and go by match-ups unless I grab a defense that gets hot. Last year my "Pick up defenses playing against the Colts" strategy worked pretty damn well about 12 of the 16 weeks of the football season. That 11th rounder in my league could've been one of Robert Meachem, Justin Blackmon, Ben Roethlisberger, Santonio Holmes, all kinds of guys that could possibly be a nice sleeper.

There will still be defenses and special teams units that will probably put up 140 - 160 points this year that did not get drafted.

None of those guys were available at that point. Some of the sleeper QBs i wanted were gone although i still got Fitz in the 13th i believe. Seemed like the best option. A good defense won't win you many games in fantasy, but a bad one can certainly lose it for you. Playing matchups is no guarantee. I played the Vikings D last year against the Broncos and Tebow last year and got a nice -3 and a loss.

None of those guys were available at that point. Some of the sleeper QBs i wanted were gone although i still got Fitz in the 13th i believe. Seemed like the best option. A good defense won't win you many games in fantasy, but a bad one can certainly lose it for you. Playing matchups is no guarantee. I played the Vikings D last year against the Broncos and Tebow last year and got a nice -3 and a loss.

Why would you knowingly play the Vikings defense last year? Even without hindsight that's just a bad idea all around for last year. The idea behind match-ups is that you want to play a team that is going up against a terrible offensive team. The Broncos may have qualified for that at some points last year but the Colts/Browns/Jaguars/Bucs were all consistently terrible on offense and pumped up otherwise mediocre defenses to 20 point games for them.

If you could, I'd love to see what got taken in the 11th and 12th rounds of your draft. I'm absolutely sure there's a player on those lists that will have a shot at getting you a decent amount of points that could even be considered trade bait for people who are desperate. Picking a DST in a draft is for suckers.

Why would you knowingly play the Vikings defense last year? Even without hindsight that's just a bad idea all around for last year. The idea behind match-ups is that you want to play a team that is going up against a terrible offensive team. The Broncos may have qualified for that at some points last year but the Colts/Browns/Jaguars/Bucs were all consistently terrible on offense and pumped up otherwise mediocre defenses to 20 point games for them.

If you could, I'd love to see what got taken in the 11th and 12th rounds of your draft. I'm absolutely sure there's a player on those lists that will have a shot at getting you a decent amount of points that could even be considered trade bait for people who are desperate. Picking a DST in a draft is for suckers.

Green Bay(GB - DEF)

Alex Smith(SF - QB)

Denarius Moore(Oak - WR)

Matt Flynn(Sea - QB)

Andy Dalton(Cin - QB)

Nate Burleson(Det - WR)

Seattle(Sea - DEF)

Matt Cassel(KC - QB)

Josh Freeman(TB - QB)

Kansas City(KC - DEF)

Darrius Heyward-Bey(Oak - WR)

Coby Fleener(Ind - TE)

Only person i would have considered taking is Heyward-Bey but i felt good about my receivers. There is a lot of chopped liver in those picks. I wanted Dalton but he didn't fall to me.

I would've taken a flyer on DHB in that draft, over a DST possibly Freeman as well if I felt like taking a chance. Either way the amount of DST units that are usually left over in FA and how little separation there is between their outputs means you can get away with slamming it if you aren't able to snag a hot one off the wire.

I majorly died in my draft. Heres my team (auction league is just so freaking hard)

QB: Eli Manning
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Trent Richardson
WR/RB: Reggie Bush
WR1: Steve Johnson
WR2: Vincent Jackson
TE: Tony Gonzalez
DST: Texans
Kicker: Garrett Hartley

Bench1: Toby Gerhart (handcuff for AP)
Bench2: Reggie Wayne

This hasn't been my experience at all. In a 16 round draft, picks 9-16 are pretty much a crapshoot IMO. The way to build a roster that'll make it to the playoffs is to minimize risk.

I think there's a lot less risk involved in taking a proven DST. Otherwise you're stuck a bum WR3 or RB3 and pray that they get the ball. Since that hardly ever happens, then you have to pray even harder that the guy in front of them goes out for the season.

Not to mention I've yet to participate in a league where every owner doesn't draft for DST.

Last edited:
Which team do you think had the best draft?

Team 1
QB Matthew Stafford
RB Matt Forte
RB Darren McFadden
RB/WR Stevan Ridley
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Mike Wallace
TE Fred Davis
D/ST Packers D/ST
K Jason Hanson
BE Philip Rivers
BE Isaac Redman

Team 2
QB Michael Vick
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
RB BenJarvus Green Ellis
RB/WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Julio Jones
WR Antonio Brown
TE Antonio Gates
D/ST Eagles D/ST
K Mason Crosby
BE Doug Martin
BE Demaryius Thomas

Team 3
QB Tony Romo
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB DeMarco Murray
RB/WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Greg Jennings
WR Dez Bryant
TE Vernon Davis
D/ST 49ers D/ST
K Stephen Gostkowski
BE Ben Roethlisberger
BE Ben Tate

Team 4
QB Matt Ryan
RB Donald Brown
RB Chris Johnson
RB/WR Fred Jackson
WR Denarius Moore
WR Marques Colston
TE Aaron Hernandez
D/ST Seahawks D/ST
K Dan Bailey
BE Jonathan Stewart
BE Torrey Smith

Team 5
QB Tom Brady
RB Steven Jackson
RB Michael Turner
RB/WR DeSean Jackson
WR Steve Smith
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Jason Witten
D/ST Jets D/ST
K David Akers
BE Eric Decker
BE Jermichael Finley

Team 6
QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Ray Rice
RB Mark Ingram
RB/WR Malcom Floyd
WR Wes Welker
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Jared Cook
D/ST Falcons D/ST
K Alex Henery
BE Peyton Manning
BE Matt Schaub

Team 7
QB Cam Newton
RB Arian Foster
RB Peyton Hillis
RB/WR Beanie Wells
WR A.J. Green
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Brandon Pettigrew
D/ST Cowboys D/ST
K Robbie Gould
BE Lance Moore
BE LeGarrette Blount

Team 8:
QB Eli Manning
BE Reggie Bush
RB Adrian Peterson
RB/WR Trent Richardson
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Steve Johnson
TE Tony Gonzalez
D/ST Texans D/ST
K Garrett Hartley
RB Toby Gerhart
BE Reggie Wayne

Team 9:
QB Andrew Luck
RB Darren Sproles
RB Willis McGahee
RB/WR Percy Harvin
WR Victor Cruz
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jimmy Graham
D/ST Steelers D/ST
K Matt Prater
BE Roy Helu
BE C.J. Spiller

Team 10:
QB Robert Griffin III
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Ryan Mathews
RB/WR Frank Gore
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Hakeem Nicks
TE Rob Gronkowski
D/ST Ravens D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski
BE Miles Austin
BE Michael Bush

Team 11:
QB Tim Tebow
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Jahvid Best
RB/WR Santonio Holmes
WR Roddy White
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jacob Tamme
D/ST Lions D/ST
K Rob Bironas
BE Anquan Boldin
BE James Starks

Team 12:
QB Drew Brees
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Cedric Benson
RB/WR DeAngelo Williams
WR Randy Moss
WR Andre Caldwell
TE Greg Olsen
D/ST Bears D/ST
K Neil Rackers
BE Shonn Greene
BE Robert Meachem

I would say Team 7 or 6:

QB Cam Newton
RB Arian Foster
RB Peyton Hillis
RB/WR Beanie Wells
WR A.J. Green
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Brandon Pettigrew
D/ST Cowboys D/ST
K Robbie Gould
BE Lance Moore
BE LeGarrette Blount

Team 6
QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Ray Rice
RB Mark Ingram
RB/WR Malcom Floyd
WR Wes Welker
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Jared Cook
D/ST Falcons D/ST
K Alex Henery
BE Peyton Manning
BE Matt Schaub

Why are there only two bench spots?

I don't really know. I hate it, in reality. The team with Aaron Rodgers got screwed because autodraft chose 2 backup QBs for him. He'll now have to trade or drop them, and both of those guys are valuable

Well, that does tell me that your league has a very deep waiver wire, and that bye weeks could kill a team. If I was in your league, I would strategize to get my best players all on the same bye week and just take the loss. Then start everyone the other 15 weeks and blow everyone away. Use those two bench spots sparingly, but try to pick up good players when they have a big game.

Edit:
So Week 7 is the week that 6 teams are on bye this year. They are: Atlanta, Denver, Kansas City, Miami, Philadelphia, San Diego

In an auction league, I would plan out this sort of roster based on those team's fantasy values. A lineup could be something like this:

QB: Peyton, Matt Ryan or Rivers
RB: McCoy (Must have), Turner, Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Reggie Bush (if PPR), McGahee
WR: Julio Jones (must have), Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Maclin, Djax, Michael Floyd, Davone Bess, some Denver WR nobody cares about
TE: Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez or Celek
K: Take your pick, but I would go with Prater out of this bunch.
DST: Take your pick, I would go with KC or Philly

Starting a full team built around week 7 would annihilate everyone else who will be resting a starter each week. I used this strategy for a draft last year, and it worked out really well for me. Went 11-3 in the regular season and won the playoffs by a hefty margin too.

I majorly died in my draft. Heres my team (auction league is just so freaking hard)
Try a 14-team, 16-man roster (10 starting, 6 bench) where bonuses will decimate your opponent (plays >20 yds, plays >40, TDs 50-69yds, TDs >70yds, passing >300, passing >400, passing >450, passing >500, rushing >100, rushing >150, rushing >200, rushing >250, receiving >100, receiving >150, receiving >200, receiving >250)

QB
Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DST
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
IR (can only be used is someone is ruled "Out" of a game)

This is a rough league where after 4 rounds, you're really looking at low-end #2s and high-end #3s, or fliers

If anyone's interested in how this draft played out, I'll post it once we're done (takes about a week, we don't do auto-draft because we usually have 2 or 3 people overseas at any given time). I can also give the bonus details, if there's interest in how this particular league is setup

14 team draft, 14 rounds. PPR, keeper league, can keep up to 4. QB, RB, WR, TE, 2 FLEX, D/ST, K.

Drafted 13th, snake draft.

1. Roddy White
2. Arian Foster (keeper)
3. Steve Smith
4. Eli Manning
5. Darius Heyward-Bey
6. Rashard Mendenhall
7. Peyton Hillis (keeper)
8. Jimmy Graham (keeper)
9. Aaron Hernandez (keeper)
10. David Akers
11. Patriots
12. David Wilson
13. Vincent Brown
14. Ryan Tannehill

Last edited:
I have a draft tonight at 8 where I pick first among 12 teams, so I did a mock draft with 1st pick and ended up with this:

QB Rodgers, Aaron (QB GB) QB
RB Peterson, Adrian (RB MIN) RB · RB-WR
RB Gore, Frank (RB SF) RB · RB-WR
WR Jennings, Greg (WR GB) RB-WR · WR
WR Colston, Marques (WR NO) RB-WR · WR
RB-WR Austin, Miles (WR DAL) RB-WR · WR
TE Gonzalez, Tony (TE ATL) TE
K Bailey, Dan (K DAL) K
DST Seahawks (DST SEA) DST
RES Jennings, Rashad (RB JAC) RB · RB-WR
RES Manning, Peyton (QB DEN) QB
RES Floyd, Malcom (WR SD) RB-WR · WR
RES Hunter, Kendall (RB SF) RB · RB-WR
RES Helu, Roy (RB WAS) RB · RB-WR

I'd be happy with that.

What do you guys think?

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Michael Turner, Atl RB
RB Willis McGahee, Den RB
WR Brandon Marshall, Chi WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR
TE Jimmy Graham, NO TE
FLEX Beanie Wells, Ari RB
D/ST Falcons D/ST D/ST
K Matt Bryant, Atl K

Bench Denarius Moore, Oak WR
Bench Donald Brown, Ind RB
Bench Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR
Bench Sidney Rice, Sea WR
Bench Randy Moss, SF WR
Bench Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
Bench Mike Goodson, Oak RB

I drafted last night 10 people total , standered league

Qb Cam Newton
Wr Julio jones
Wr Miles Austin
Wr Greg Jennings
Rb Ray Rice
Rb Ahmad Bradshaw
Te Fred Davis
K mason Crosby
Def Detroit
Bn Brandon lloyd
Bn Kenny britt
Bn big Ben qb
Bn Jacob tamme
Bn Willis McGahee

I drafted 1st in a 12 team, non-ppr, 6 points per passing TD league. It's very QB driven, so I had to go with Aaron Rodgers with the first pick. If AP is healthy this year, I should be a shoe-in for the playoffs. I'm happy to have gotten Gerhart as the AP handcuff in the 9th round. I was hoping to get CJ Spiller in the 10th, but someone grabbed him 2 spots before my pick. Still happy with this draft.

QB Rodgers, Aaron(QB) GB
RB Jackson, Fred(RB) BUF
RB Peterson, Adrian(RB) MIN
WR Colston, Marques(WR) NO
WR Green, A.J.(WR) CIN
TE Davis, Fred(TE) WAS
RB-WR-TE McGahee, Willis(RB) DEN
DST Packers(DST) GB
K Janikowski, Sebastian(K) OAK

Bench (QB) Fitzpatrick, Ryan(QB) BUF
Bench (RB) Gerhart, Toby(RB) MIN
Bench (RB) Mendenhall, Rashard(RB) PIT
Bench (WR) Floyd, Malcom(WR) SD
Bench (WR) Wayne, Reggie(WR) IND
Bench (WR) Wright, Kendall(WR) TEN

What do you guys think?

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Michael Turner, Atl RB
RB Willis McGahee, Den RB
WR Brandon Marshall, Chi WR
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR
TE Jimmy Graham, NO TE
FLEX Beanie Wells, Ari RB
D/ST Falcons D/ST D/ST
K Matt Bryant, Atl K

Bench Denarius Moore, Oak WR
Bench Donald Brown, Ind RB
Bench Sidney Rice, Sea WR
Bench Randy Moss, SF WR
Bench Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
Bench Mike Goodson, Oak RB

That's a good haul, Rodgers and Graham are good picks. I wanted Graham to fall to me in the 2nd in my draft, but that didn't happen. Your WRs seem to be lacking. I doubt Moss will do anything in SF with Alex Smith at the helm. Not sure if Sidney Rice will be healthy enough to play either. I wish you had gotten Jaquizz Rodgers to handcuff Turner since he's 30 now and has had 300+ carries for something like 6 years in a row. Also, see if Williams in AZ is available, he may take Beanie's starting spot, which will really hurt your RB corps.

How many teams were in this draft?

QB Rodgers,Aaron GB
WR Wes Welker NE
WR Nelson,Jordy GB
RB Jackson,Fred BUF
RB Lynch,Marshawn SEA
TE - Hernandez,Aaron NE
TE/RB/WR Brown,Donald IND
PK Hartley,Garrett NO
DST - BEARS

BN WR Colston,Marques NO
BN RB Bradshaw,Ahmad NYG
BN TE Owen Daniels HOU
BN RB Greene,Shonn NYJ
BN QB Vick,Michael PHI
BN WR Decker,Eric DEN

8 team yahoo league...picked 2nd overall in serpentine draft

QB-Matt Ryan
RB1-Doug Martin
RB2-Willis Mcghee
BN-Peyton Hillis
BN-Jaquizz Rodgers
WR1-Calvin Johnson
WR2-Juilo Jones
FLEX-Torrey Smith
BN-Justin Blackmon
TE1-Aaron Hernandez
BN-James Casey
BN-Joe Flacco
Buffalo DST
Hanson

Señor Stan;2002459 said:
QB Rodgers,Aaron GB
WR Wes Welker NE
WR Nelson,Jordy GB
RB Jackson,Fred BUF
RB Lynch,Marshawn SEA
TE - Hernandez,Aaron NE
TE/RB/WR Brown,Donald IND
PK Hartley,Garrett NO
DST - BEARS

BN WR Colston,Marques NO
BN RB Bradshaw,Ahmad NYG
BN TE Owen Daniels HOU
BN RB Greene,Shonn NYJ
BN QB Vick,Michael PHI
BN WR Decker,Eric DEN

8 team yahoo league...picked 2nd overall in serpentine draft

At first I was like WOW!, but then I read that it's an 8 team league. 8 teams is cheating.

Ten team league, two keepers from last season.

QB: Brady (keeper)
RB: MJD (keeper - couldn't bring myself to choose someone else...probably a mistake)
RB: AP
WR: Steve Smith (Car)
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Miles Austin (hoping for health)
K: Rob Bironas
Def: 49ers

Bench: A. Dalton, P. Hillis, B. Tate, R. Moss, C. Fleener and Garret Graham (yeah, I know).

12 man league.

RD1: Drew Brees
RD2: Jamal Charles
RD3: Steven Jackson
RD4: Brandon Marshal
RD5: Ben Tate
RD6: Demaryius Thomas
RD7: Owen Daniels
RD8: Torrey Smith
RD9: Jets D
RD10: Kenny Britt
RD11: Kendall Hunter
RD12: Javhid Best
RD13: Rob Bironas
RD14: Jermaine Gresham
RD15: Russel Wilson
RD16: Jacoby Ford

To be honest, looking back at this draft I have a few "WTF" moments for myself. I got sucked into drafting a defense early because people were drafting them as early as round 7. I shouldn't have let that phase me as we are all mostly new (this is the second year for this league). I do like having Revis though. Also picking a kicker when there may have been some good sleepers. I think at that point I had lost most of the sleepers that I was eyeballing. Except Russel Wilson, I waited for him because I was 99% sure no one would draft him.

I drafted last night 10 people total , standered league

Qb Cam Newton
Wr Julio jones
Wr Miles Austin
Wr Greg Jennings
Rb Ray Rice
Rb Ahmad Bradshaw
Te Fred Davis
K mason Crosby
Def Detroit
Bn Brandon lloyd
Bn Kenny britt
Bn big Ben qb
Bn Jacob tamme
Bn Willis McGahee

I'd say you have some damn good depth. WR is a little iffy with Miles Austin, but for myself I'm counting on Britt to come back and have a strong performance. I had him last season and he was really bummed when he got injured. Just gotta cross your fingers that he stays off the bottle this year.

10 man league.

RD1: Aaron Rodgers
RD2: Marshawn Lynch
RD3: Brandon Marshall
RD4: Doug Martin
RD5: Dez Bryant
RD6: Frank Gore
RD7: DeSean Jackson
RD8: Philip Rivers
RD9: Ben Tate
RD10: Mark Ingram
RD11: Justin Blackmon
RD12: Cedric Benson
RD13: Andrew Luck
RD14: Owen Daniels
RD15: Michael Crabtree
RD16: Matt Prater
RD17: NYG
RD18: Stephen Hill
RD19: Jacoby Ford

The depth in this league can get insane. I will be starting 1 QB, 4 WR, 3 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D.

Picked 3rd.
Rice
Gronkowski
Run DMC
AJ Green
ADAP
RG3
Colston
Antonio Brown
Ben Rothlesburger
Texans D
Janikowski
Witten
Dwyer
Blackmon
Russel Wilson

I think I did ok. Qb run was freakin crazy. Best left by pick my 2nd pick was Cutler.

So I´d also really like to hear your thoughts about my draft. 10 team league, normal scoring - I picked 6th:

QB: Cam Newton
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
WR: Brandon Lloyd
HB: Ryan Mathews
HB: Darren Sproles
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: New York Giants

Bench: Ahmad Bradshaw
Bench: Demaryius Thomas
Bench: Darrius Hewayd-Bey
Bench: Ben Tate
Bench: Andy Dalton
Bench: Owen Daniels

I am not quite satisfied with my HBs and TEs, other than that I think I did ok.

So I´d also really like to hear your thoughts about my draft. 10 team league, normal scoring - I picked 6th:

QB: Cam Newton
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
WR: Brandon Lloyd
HB: Ryan Mathews
HB: Darren Sproles
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: New York Giants

Bench: Ahmad Bradshaw
Bench: Demaryius Thomas
Bench: Darrius Hewayd-Bey
Bench: Ben Tate
Bench: Andy Dalton
Bench: Owen Daniels

I am not quite satisfied with my HBs and TEs, other than that I think I did ok.

Nice WR depth, but what are you going to do about Matthews being out for quite a while, put in Bradshaw? AB did ok in the playoffs but I don't see him suddenly being a *great* RB. It may be rough for you until Matthews is back, or if you pick up a nice sleeper early on.

Thanks for the reply Joey!

Well Mathews said he was ready for week 1, and it sounds like he probably only misses the 1st game and that is more a precaution. So I was kinda planning on using him from week 2 on. But he is injury prone, and I wasn`t thrilled taking him, but he was the top HB on my list (and on all experts lists I could find) with a little drop of to the next so I decided to bite the bullet. If he can stay healthy he should do pretty good as the featured back.

And don`t count out Bradshaw - he is no Foster, but he is a tough guy that usually gets his yards. Again, I´d have liked to get some other HBs, but when it was my turn to pick, the guys I´d really want were already gone. That`s what you get when you take a WR (Megatron) and a QB (Newton) with your first two picks.

Thanks for the reply Joey!

Well Mathews said he was ready for week 1, and it sounds like he probably only misses the 1st game and that is more a precaution. So I was kinda planning on using him from week 2 on. But he is injury prone, and I wasn`t thrilled taking him, but he was the top HB on my list (and on all experts lists I could find) with a little drop of to the next so I decided to bite the bullet. If he can stay healthy he should do pretty good as the featured back.

And don`t count out Bradshaw - he is no Foster, but he is a tough guy that usually gets his yards. Again, I´d have liked to get some other HBs, but when it was my turn to pick, the guys I´d really want were already gone. That`s what you get when you take a WR (Megatron) and a QB (Newton) with your first two picks.

I can relate to that, I took Drew Brees as my first, and although it's nice to get a top 5 QB you really start to feel it once you try to pick a RB. That's why I joined some random ESPN pick-up league and drafted RBs and WRs first, and picked up a QB and everything else pretty late. I'll see how that team does compared to my first league. I'd say Megatron could be worth it though. I had him last season and he was a life saver while Arian Foster was out.

1pt PPR League, Passing TD's 6 points. 10 team draft Pick #7

Lineup
QB: Drew Brees
RB1: Darren Sproles
RB2: Peyton Hillis
WR1: Greg Jennings
WR2: Dez Bryant
WR3: Steve Johnson
TE: Jimmy Graham
WR/RB/TE: Michael Bush
K: Jason Hanson
DST: Houston

BN: Tony Romo
BN: Jacquizz Rodgers
BN: Toby Gerhart
BN: Malcom Floyd
BN: Greg Little
BN: Danny Amendola
BN: Kyle Rudolph

Check out this hall. We play all Defensive and Offensive players.
We have been playing like this for years now and it is a blast but does require allot of strategy. The draft only took about 2 and half hours

Starter for Week 1
QB Matthew Stafford, Det QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Kevin Smith, Det RB
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
WR Vincent Jackson, TB WR
TE Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
FLEX DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
DE J.J. Watt, Hou DE
LB Lawrence Timmons, Pit LB
LB Paul Posluszny, Jac LB
CB Devin McCourty, NE CB
S Morgan Burnett, GB S
DP Jon Beason, Car LB P
D/ST Texans D/ST D/ST
K Rob Bironas, Ten K

Bench Stevan Ridley, NE RB
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Jonathan Stewart, Car RBt
Bench Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Bench Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
Bench Lance Moore, NO WR
Bench Andy Dalton, Cin QB
Bench Mark Barron, TB S
Bench Brian Urlacher, Chi LB
Bench Melvin Ingram, SD DE
Bench Bengals D/ST D/ST

Did two drafts simultaneously last night, but unfortunately the connection wasn't too good I had a few picks autodrafted for me. Still a decent team with the #4 pick and PPR.

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Antonio Brown
RB Doug Martin
RB Toby Gerhart
TE Brandon Pettigrew
W/R/T Reggie Wayne
BN Peyton Hillis
BN Adrian Peterson
BN David Wilson
BN Coby Fleener
BN Sidney Rice
K Matt Bryant
DEF Buffalo
BN Chicago

14 team PPR league

QB Matt Schaub/Jay Cuter
RB Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Rashad Jennings, Stevan Ridley
WR Roddy White, Stevie Jonson, Kenny Britt, Nate Burleson
TE Antonio Gates, Jared Cook
D Detroit
K Shayne Graham

If Peterson has a decent year this could turn out to be a pretty good 14 person team

QB: Cutler, Dalton, Wilson
RB: McCoy, DMC, AP, Benson, D. Wilson
WR: Fitz, Jordy, Harvin, Torrey
TE: Olsen, Cook
K: Akers
DEF: 49ers

Ridiculous how early the top TEs went this year. I could see the footprints of all the internet FF bloggers all over our draft with all the reaches for "sleeper" players.

Funny, we were drafting at a local steakhouse and VY shows up! Couple of guys got pictures.

Note this guy is ~6'3"
[IMGwidthsize=400]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_09_2012/post-397-0-35332500-1346861679_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

I had a 10 team league with the 9th pick...

QB - Tom Brady, Jay Cutler
RB - Ryan Mathews, Steve Jackson, Reggie Bush, Isaac Redman
WR - Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, Malcom Floyd, Sidney Rice, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Santonio Holmes
TE- Jimmy Graham
K-Garret Hartley
DEF- Baltimore

I drafted too many WR but felt weak there so i will just start swapping out when the bye weeks start popping up

Also had a guy in the league want to trade Brady for Foster.... Im high on Cutler this year so i have been considering it....:thinking:

Back