Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The 2005 Houston Texans..........

WildBlackBear32 said:
I take it you had no idea who Carr and Fresno State were during Carr's senior season. A season which Fresno was 11-3 and was hovering around the Top 10 until Game 7.

In case you missed it.

(2001) Started and played in all 14 games and was perhaps the nation’s best quarterback … had one of the most outstanding statistical seasons for a quarterback ever … became just the sixth quarterback in NCAA history to throw for 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns. He had 4,839 passing yards and 46 touchdowns, both tops in the nation … exploded in the Silicon Valley Football Classic, completing 35-of-56 passes for a career-high 531 yards and four touchdowns … threw for at least 300 yards in 11 of 14 games, including 10 of the last 11 … finished third in the nation in completions with 343 … received numerous postseason awards, including Football News Offensive Player of the Year, Johnny Unitas Award, Sammy Baugh Award, WAC Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-WAC … finished fifth in the voting for the Heisman Trophy … set Fresno State single-season records for passing yardage and touchdown passes … is the program’s career completion percentage leader (.626) … had three 400-yard passing games, including a 432-yard, six-touchdown performance in two-and-a-half quarters in the regular season finale against Utah State … was USA Today National Player of the Week after his 340-yard, four-touchdown performance in a victory against Oregon State … had a heroic effort in a victory against Colorado State, leading FS on a length-of-the-field drive with 27 seconds left in the game, which resulted in a game-tying field goal as time expired. The Bulldogs defeated CSU 25-22 … has been tabbed by ESPN’s Mel Kiper as one of the top quarterbacks to be taken in the upcoming NFL Draft … completed passes to 12 different Bulldogs, including 10 for touchdowns.

# Carr's 2001 Awards Johnny Unitas Award
# Football News Offensive Player of the Year
# Sammy Baugh Award
# WAC Offensive Player of the Year
# First-team All-WAC
# CNN/SI Honorable mention All-American
# Sixth player ever with at least 4,000 passing yards/40 TDs
# First in the nation in passing yards (4,308) and TDs (42)
# USA Today National Player of the Week (Oct. 3)

And he is garbage in the NFL.

What a shame

Leinart #1 on Mel Kiper's Big Board by the way

WildBlackBear32 said:
1 yard TD run! Oh man, the mobility! I must have missed that amazing "tuck and push" play!

But you have nothing to say about the no picks and comeback

GIT-R-DONE said:
Okay, somebody size up the straight jacket. EVERYBODY was talking about Alcorn (note the c) State BEFORE McNair? Who? When?

Marshall was a POWERHOUSE???? Once again, when?

It's called sarcasm wall.

GIT-R-DONE said:
That explains it. You and Mel on the same page. Next.

He has been with ESPN since the 80's. Must be doing something right. ESPN wouldn't employ an analyst spitting out garbage.

Stop Blaming David Carr for everything its not his fault he cant play in the NFL it s not his fault he cant stay in the pocket its not his fault he played for fresno state and its not his fault he over throws recievers its not davids fault that he will always be a Fraud but to be honest with everyone im happy david carr is our starter he is only assuring the texans get the first overall pick and with that we get Matt LionHeart :texflag:

yaboycm said:
But you have nothing to say about the no picks and comeback

I'm quite sure even YOU could hand the ball off to Bush and White and mount a comeback. I'm stretching it a bit, but I think it would be possible.

Hookem Horns said:
Hi Titan Pop, nice to see you btw. My post was actually a knock on the Astros not the Texans. :) If Houston fans want to say good things about any of their franchises it should be the Rockets. The Astros tend to win some but NEVER win IT. Besides I hate baseball, so I like to get my jabs in when I can.

As far as the "cancer" goes, that is the organization's doing not the fans. I doubt anyone you know is going to stop being fans of the team. Maybe all of this fan outcry will prod Mr. McNair to get rid of the *****s in charge (mainly Casserly), and put some people in place that will get everyone excited about the team right now.

Hookem,
I understand that Yvette was down there for the game, did y'all "hook" up?

The G.M. down there has made some bone head trades, or at least that is what they look like now. They had a little article in the local rag, and how the trade has worked out great for the Titans, y'all know we got our T.E. Big Ben Trouuuuupe because of it? He looked very good out there today, and they also commented on many of the others in that deal and how NONE of the ones Houston got out of it are playing. Something not right with that picture.

GIT-R-DONE said:
Why not? Broadcast companies care nothing about accuracy and the truth anymore and this is no different with the sports networks. All they care about is "presentation". His "hair" is more important than what comes out of his mouth.

Credibility. Reputation. Respect. Interest. Accuracy. Reliability.

Enough words describing Mel's recruiting while at ESPN.

WildBlackBear32 said:
I was referring to your Mel Kiper reference. It's quite sad when you cant even connect the dots on your own comments.

I know what you are referring to. He dropped because teams didn't need a QB. That doesn't change the fact that we haven't seen him play and don't know what he will do in the pros. Sad when you come with junk like that.

yaboycm said:
I know what you are referring to. He dropped because teams didn't need a QB. That doesn't change the fact that we haven't seen him play and don't know what he will do in the pros. Sad when you come with junk like that.

The teams didnt need a QB? Dallas didnt need a QB? Tampa didnt need a QB? Kansas City didnt need a QB? Oakland? From your constant whining, Houston?

WildBlackBear32 said:
The teams didnt need a QB? Dallas didnt need a QB? Tampa didnt need a QB? Kansas City didnt need a QB? Oakland? From your constant whining, Houston?

All of those teams were obviously comfortable with their QB situation and didn't want to spend a 1st rounder on him. Looks like Spears and Ware were the smart picks. Philly thinks so.

yaboycm said:
All of those teams were obviously comfortable with their QB situation and didn't want to spend a 1st rounder on him. Looks like Spears and Ware were the smart picks. Philly thinks so.

LMFAO! Yea, I bet KC is licking their chops for when Green goes down so they can hand the ball to TODD COLLINS. I'm sure Parcells knows he's got Pro Bowlers in Henson and Romo if Drew Bledsoe goes down, no worries there. Oh man, at least you have a future in comedy if you dont have a future anywhere else.

WildBlackBear32 said:
LMFAO! Yea, I bet KC is licking their chops for when Green goes down so they can hand the ball to TODD COLLINS. I'm sure Parcells knows he's got Pro Bowlers in Henson and Romo if Drew Bledsoe goes down, no worries there. Oh man, at least you have a future in comedy if you dont have a future anywhere else.

STOP!!!!!

I'm also sure that Parcells is glad he has a 3-4 defense that can actually get to the QB.

KC is probably pretty happy they have one of the fastest young LBs in the NFL.

Just STOP!!!!

What if
What if
What if
What if
What if

yaboycm said:
STOP!!!!!

I'm also sure that Parcells is glad he has a 3-4 defense that can actually get to the QB.

KC is probably pretty happy they have one of the fastest young LBs in the NFL.

Just STOP!!!!

What if
What if
What if
What if
What if

You, my friend, are hilarious. I can only speak for myself, but I have had a good time laughing at you. I'm pretty sure GIT-R-DONE had quite a giggle at your expense as well, but I won't speak for him. I hope you bring comedy next week after Carr has another terrible 67% completion percentage day.

WildBlackBear32 said:
I hope you bring comedy next week after Carr has another terrible 67% completion percentage day.

This is exactly what your problem is. You accept 67% and a 4th straight loss. You don't see the bad passes, the quick dump offs and quick outs that made up most of the completions, the running out of bounds. But you see that great completion percentage and say Carr is doing a good job.

WATCH THE GAME.

DON'T READ THE STATS AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IN THE GAME.

I am done with you and this post.

Tip for posting on a message board: Bolding, Caps and random text and pictures dont make your point any more relevant than talking like an intelligent person. Then again saying Leinart is mobile, is the complete opposite of intelligent, so I shouldn't expect such from you though. Just a tip to take into consideration.

My take is the team is
Just NOT putting out for this coaching staff. Besides a couple of players, Double D being one, they are just out on the field going through the motions.
I thought the desire came back at the Cincy game, but guess I was mistaken.

bobby 119C :embarrass

WildBlackBear32 said:
Tip for posting on a message board: Bolding, Caps and random text and pictures dont make your point any more relevant than talking like an intelligent person. Then again saying Leinart is mobile, is the complete opposite of intelligent, so I shouldn't expect such from you though. Just a tip to take into consideration.

Heck, posting in giant letters means "not read" in my book.

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. Carr 18/27 131 1 1

WoW WildBlackBear Why havent i seen this before this kind of numbers are hall of fame numbers :loser :rofl: and much more important there superbowl winning type of numbers but hell ill cut you slack with the stat wich mean nothing its about leading a team to victory something david hasnt been able to do. he is the field general right no not reallt he is just a joke.

Just what in the world could Leinhart do with the pathetic offensive line that we have??????????????? Unless they shore up the eOLine, you can forget it. They damn well know we have no downfield threat, so they just lay up and give us the 3-5 yard passes.

bobby 119C :brickwall

TitanPop said:
HH, I don't like to see what I'm reading here. Come on Texan fans, yes I called them the Texans and not the txeans, the Texans are in a slump right now but I don't see why y'all need to clean house. A few draft picks have gone awry, but if they draft a couple stud offensive linemen, protect David better, that alone could change the whole direction of the offense. The defense isn't that far away, but you fans CAN NOT quit. Joe Texan, Bull Pen Andy, Hookem Horns and all the rest of my friends down there, DON'T let this cancer continue. I look forward to y'all coming up to Nashville in December, winners or losers, it is all about the love of the game.

Keep y'all heads up, your team is STILL your team, don't even give them away.... L.A. that isn't even cool, that needs a dirty sock stuck in it.
What Pops said! C'mon........are you football fans or what? We know all too well about a losing season but YOU have to be there or else the team gives up as well.

I'm not giving up. Will be in my seat and tailgating with anticipation for the game on the 23rd. I will be IN Seattle to see the carnage, er...game on the 16th. Win or lose, stink or sweet, the crappy C's still in place...
I'll be there.
:texflag:

But for goodness sakes, please come to work boys!

Back