Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas vs Washington CFP Semi #2

Shouldn't that have been an illegal motion? Definitely looked like multiple guys were moving when the ball was snapped.

Reactions: JB
All the pearl clutching about Bama getting I. The CFP…at least they put up a performance where they look like they belong..Texas and their supposed vaunted defense is about to get a 40 burger dropped on them and haven’t been able to slow down Penix and the huskies 1 iota. Offensively they’ve really only put 2 drives together.

• Sad
Reactions: JB
T’vondre Sweat is not impressing me at all. Looks like a big lazy dude who dominated against lesser teams in the big 12 but is looking overmatched against this Washington o-line..also plays way too high and looks like he’s in poor condition.
Yeah I've been refraining from commenting, hoping he would have more impact. He and Murphy have had a couple of good plays against the run but nothing more. The Huskies offense has been doing a good job with tempo and play calling but I was hoping UT would be able to get some hits on Penix.

Yeah I've been refraining from commenting, hoping he would have more impact. He and Murphy have had a couple of good plays against the run but nothing more. The Huskies offense has been doing a good job with tempo and play calling but I was hoping UT would be able to get some hits on Penix.
Sweat seems like the next 5 year starter at NT for Pittsburgh or NE. But I think Murphy has a shot to have a good career

All the pearl clutching about Bama getting I. The CFP…at least they put up a performance where they look like they belong..Texas and their supposed vaunted defense is about to get a 40 burger dropped on them and haven’t been able to slow down Penix and the huskies 1 iota. Offensively they’ve really only put 2 drives together.
It has really been a piss poor job by Ewers and Texas' OC not getting Worthy & Mitchell involved in this game. How do you compete with Washington's lethal offense when you're top 2 WR's are not involved at all?

Sweat seems like the next 5 year starter at NT for Pittsburgh or NE. But I think Murphy has a shot to have a good career
What changed between your comment and other poster's earlier comment that Sweat was lazy and not looking good?

T’vondre Sweat is not impressing me at all. Looks like a big lazy dude who dominated against lesser teams in the big 12 but is looking overmatched against this Washington o-line..also plays way too high and looks like he’s in poor condition.

Texas getting exposed like I knew they would…:thisbig:
Your bias is showing... how about you just shut up until you have some real objective info

Washington doing a good job getting the ball out fast

It has really been a piss poor job by Ewers and Texas' OC not getting Worthy & Mitchell involved in this game. How do you compete with Washington's lethal offense when you're top 2 WR's are not involved at all?

I just think Texas has been a front running team/defense all year. They get up on teams and their defense pins their ears back. But all the games they’ve struggled in this year, it’s b/c they haven’t been able to do that. They still managed to pull most of them out mostly b/c the big 12 was garbage, but they’ve been vulnerable in that capacity all year. Nothing has been special about this team other than they’re a blue blood program that ESPN and the CF folks salivate over getting into the big bowls.

Your bias is showing... how about you just shut up until you have some real objective info

Don’t care about my bias showing, he doesn’t look like anything special. I remember watching Ndamkunog Suh and how he dominated that Big 12 championship game. This kid is supposed to be somewhere on that level and he looks closer to that kid from Alabama some years back who ate himself out of the league…& i’m not the only person in here who is seeing it…watch the game.

My opinion of Sweat really hasn’t changed today. He looks a lot like Casey Hampton to me.

I’d hesitate to call him lazy. In fact I’d probably not call him that.
Just to clarify I didn't say that your position had changed but how your point of view on sweat was different from the other poster. Thanks!

Don’t care about my bias showing, he doesn’t look like anything special. I remember watching Ndamkunog Suh and how he dominated that Big 12 championship game. This kid is supposed to be somewhere on that level and he looks closer to that kid from Alabama some years back who ate himself out of the league…& i’m not the only person in here who is seeing it…watch the game.
Who is comparing Sweat to Suh? Suh was a generational talent that was selected #2 overall. Sweat is projected to be a 2nd round pick.

Just to clarify I didn't say that your position had changed but how your point of view on sweat was different from the other poster. Thanks!
I don’t get calling any DT lazy, unless he’s getting pancaked every snap. And Sweat has certainly not been getting abused this game.

All trench play is a huge physical effort.

Who is comparing Sweat to Suh? Suh was a generational talent that was selected #2 overall. Sweat is projected to be a 2nd round pick.

I’m definitely not…I’m just giving and example of some level of expected dominance from the nations best defensive linemen…Outland trophy winner. I ain’t seen nothing close to dominance from that kid.

Whichever way it goes, this has been a helluva game. The winner sure to be favored over Michigan

Obviously Texas belonged in this game.. It came down to the last play of the game.

odds makers had to make it close…Washington inexplicably took their foot off the gas and let Texas back in it..

Penix should’ve won the Heisman
Odunze should’ve won the bilitenkoff

Washington has been looked over by everyone when in fact they’re truly the only team really earned & deserved to be in the CFP…most exciting team to watch…happy for them that they advanced to the final.

now I wanna see Penix and that offense pick apart Harbaugh and that booty ass Michigan team…then patiently wait for that twitter leak that Harbaugh will be leaving to go back to the NFL & watch Michigan crumble back to mediocrity in the coming years.

odds makers had to make it close…Washington inexplicably took their foot off the gas and let Texas back in it..

Washington has been looked over by everyone when in fact they’re truly the only team really earned & deserved to be in the CFP…most exciting team to watch…happy for them that they advanced to the final.

now I wanna see Penix and that offense pick apart Harbaugh and that booty ass Michigan team…then patiently wait for that twitter leak that Harbaugh will be leaving to go back to the NFL & watch Michigan crumble back to mediocrity in the coming years.
Washington was definitely the better team. I don't know how Texas didn't script Worthy or Mitchell into their game plan tonight. That was really baffling. I think Michigan has proven that they belong in the CFP as well. Should be a good game next week.

Alright, there is a football god

Man there's a lot of hate going on here.

Washington was definitely the better team. I don't know how Texas didn't script Worthy or Mitchell into their game plan tonight. That was really baffling. I think Michigan has proven that they belong in the CFP as well. Should be a good game next week.
They should've stuck to the run. The Huskies really struggled to stop them.

The fumbles in the 2nd half killed them.

Back