Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk.com has been moved to an upgraded server

Scooter

Funky
I just wanted to add another bit of appreciation for bringing us in and all you continue to do to provide and maintain the best Texans forum.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I'll try to get it reinstalled to the version that will be compatible with this server. Right now they are still configuring the firewalls so I cannot FTP into the server to install anything new.

BTW, what's the benefit of TapaTalk? I've never used it. I remember that we set it up long ago to make the board responsive for phones. Now that the board is responsive on it's own I'm not sure what else TapaTalk does.
I'm a Tapatalk user as well. I mainly used it because the old site wasn't responsive. But still, there's two big things I miss now.

1. Notifications
2. Persisting my session. I never had to re-login on Tapatalk, while I have to do it every few hours on mobile Safari.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm a Tapatalk user as well. I mainly used it because the old site wasn't responsive. But still, there's two big things I miss now.

1. Notifications
2. Persisting my session. I never had to re-login on Tapatalk, while I have to do it every few hours on mobile Safari.
Ditch Safari, get chrome. That way you can stay logged in for years. I just booted up this laptop i found in my closet. I was still logged on.

Scooter

Funky
Just me, I'm going to do my best to not offend because it's my own (usually wrong) opinion, but for me there is nothing worse on a forum than an advertisement/request among the forum posts. Line the walls, give every post a banner, highlight the top with flashing neon ... but don't break up the thread with 'pay me'.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Just me, I'm going to do my best to not offend because it's my own (usually wrong) opinion, but for me there is nothing worse on a forum than an advertisement/request among the forum posts. Line the walls, give every post a banner, highlight the top with flashing neon ... but don't break up the thread with 'pay me'.
I only see those on mobile... adguard works great on laptop

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Navigation. Easier to use. Plus, more people use apps than web pages. If you want to grow and keep your audience you to have an app which you can do through Tapatalk.

Just my opinion.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Navigation. Easier to use. Plus, more people use apps than web pages. If you want to grow and keep your audience you to have an app which you can do through Tapatalk.

Just my opinion.
On most phones, you can save a website as an "app" icon on the home screen. Shouldn't be an issue as long as the site remains mobile friendly.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
If you want users you will want different ways of using the forum.

Plus, it takes me too many more clicks to quote a message and reply.

And quoting a message is too much more difficult. I try to quote @thunderkyss and @michaelm comes up.

Different strokes for different folks.

To me the readability and thread structure is better on Tapatalk. Just makes browsing easier.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
NOPE. If it were up to me you would blow up the NSZ entirely, but it's not, and it serves a purpose. Me? I drink and goof off in such areas. A couple of areas have gone missing however, and seem to have requirements.

NOPE
NOPE
NOPE

I don't even know what the requirements are to access these areas because they're not obvious, is it a website or a club ... what the fukc are you doing? The missing element was a bit of moderation to keep folks from getting heavy handed and driving people off (especially newcomers) ... problem solved ... I thought.
I don't know if I can get that drumk

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Let me try that again sober-ish. Why are those areas missing from the forum links?

After the modding thread was started in the main football board I have been receiving messages from members. One consensus is that this part of the board is cancerous and the vibe here just keeps getting worse. I'll just leave it at that.

I know many of you only come here for these types of discussions and some are not even sports fans. My original intent of this site was never to host discussions like this. Yes, I have been roped into them myself and over the years there have been some good and interesting discussions.

The Texans closed their official board and due to that we are getting more sign ups. I don't want newbies coming in here and mucking it up also.

That all said, I am not going to delete this board but I am going to hide it from being an official part of Texans Talk. For you regulars just save the URL and you will be able to continue your discussions here.

We have assigned some new mods to take care of the sports-related stuff. I don't want them to have to come here and police this area where most of the heated discussions happen.

Save it in your browser.

I'll keep it visible for the next 24 hours so that you guys can see this, save the URL and also alert anyone else of this. Thanks for your understanding.
Let me address this to everyone. It was I and ONLY I that decided to do this. It's TEXANSTalk.com, not RightTalk.com, LeftTalk.com, PolitiTalk.com, etc. I didn't create this site for the Right, Left or any other political garbage. This IS NOT a political website. I inherited the NSZ and NSFW boards when I agreed to replace my original board with the old official one. I was NEVER comfortable with the NSFW board however the old guard assured me that they were keeping it clean. The NSZ until the last couple of years at times could be informative with breaking news, historical, some religious discussion, etc. The political stuff is what I had to tolerate. I've never personally been into politics and that's what's taken over here. It brings out the worst in people and is that ever so evident all over this board now. Adults turn into children and I am done endorsing that.

Honestly, this offseason I seriously considered shutting down this site or just selling it to someone else because of the NSZ. There's a lot of discussion in here that I personally don't agree with and it was bothering me. I felt like I was endorsing this mess just by allowing it. Then when I start getting messages from members that I respect telling me that this site has deteriorated into a political site with some football discussion that's when I decided to finally take action.

You guys can continue to go in circles about Trump, Obama, racism, guns, etc, however, I am no longer going to endorse these conversations by having them as officially part of this website.

texdawg

Waterboy
I have been lurking for a few years on this site. I seldom post, but I come here multiple times a day. I usually go to the NSFW area first. I love the political cartoons, spirited discussion on breaking news, jokes, and of course the bikini babes. I want to thank all the contributors to those forums for entertaining me for years. I doubt if I'm the only viewer that will miss the easy access to those forums. I'll still bounce in once in a while when there is hot news on the Texans, but its certainly going to be different now. I hope you can keep the site going.