Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texansphan Texans 7 round mock.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I haven't been as closely invested in the Texans in recent times and disappointment is the culprit but I do love the draft.
This one is what I think the Texans do and is close to what I would do with the picks they have.
I have tried to keep it as realistic as possible by keeping close to NFL.com grades.
#40. A.J.Terrell. CB. Clemson. With so many quality wideouts, I predict a run on them and a decent CB falls to us.
#90. Jonathan Greenard. Edge. Florida.
#111. Matt Peart. T. UConn.
#131. Anthony McFarland. RB. MD.
#171. Calvin Throckmorton. G. Or. (Plays several positions along the line well - LT, C, RG, RT. )
#240. Bravvion Roy. DT. Baylor. (May go higher).
#248. Joe Reed. WR. Virginia. (Question Mark. With so many wideouts, some are going to fall like 2019.)
#250. DeMarkus Acy. CB. Missouri.

Last edited:
The more I look at Throckmorton the more I think I may have to drastically move him up the board.
PFF has pretty high grades on him and Sportstalkline has him going in the 3rd.
Has excellent size for the OL at 6'5" and 317lbs.
Has the versatility you want from an OL.
Biggest ding on him is straight line speed - only scored 5:57 for the 40, but hey, how much running do you want an OL to do?

At 171 I am seriously looking at Tyre Phillips out of Mississippi State. Guy is enormous. Has experience at LT but also at OG. He is marginal at OT due to his athleticism but I think a possible starter inside. Would be my long term RG.

McFarland is not just fast, he is quick.
Has good vision and hands. And a deadly cut.
Rated as 5th-6th best back in the class and may go higher.
A genuine weapon.
I see he had a visit with Texans - if they liked him, they may have to take him @#111.

Love McFarland but not 111 kind of love.

At 171 I am seriously looking at Tyre Phillips out of Mississippi State. Guy is enormous. Has experience at LT but also at OG. He is marginal at OT due to his athleticism but I think a possible starter inside. Would be my long term RG.

Like Phillips alot more than Throckmorton. Phillips is a roadgrader who has experience playing RT so he can play RG in a short time.

Back