Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS VIKINGS VS COVID WEEK 4

texan279

Hall of Fame
Something that crossed my mind today is that Watson has completely stopped running for positive yards. When the play breaks down you’ll see him go a very long way to gain a yard instead of take a sack sometimes, but he came into the league as someone who would threaten to beat you on the ground at any time, and seems to have stopped doing it completely. It isn’t like he’s holding it and taking off upfield, now he just holds it.
Was thinking similar thoughts earlier watching Lamar Jackson's highlights from earlier today. Don't have to take off running every play. But if receivers are covered, which ours are all the time, take it if the defense is giving it.

banned1976

sleeper mode
By the way, in case anyone is keeping score the Vikings beat the Texans and Covid. COVID was proved to be a tougher opponent. And Zimmer even took the ball out of the hands of his best player (IMO) in an important late game possession.

spek

Hopeless Wanderer
I'm really concerned about Watson's attitude toward losing and his poor play. In his post game presser he was very nonchalant about being 0-4 and he never acknowledges his poor play. Talking about not taking his joy away and how he is just going to enjoying life. I get that football is just a game in the grand scheme of things but he just got paid a ton of money to be a top franchise QB. Assumably to play like a franchise QB and win games. It just seems like he's cool with the way things are like he's okay with losing now. That's just my opinion, my two cents. Obrien and his over complicated garbage offense just needs to go.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I'm really concerned about Watson's attitude toward losing and his poor play. In his post game presser he was very nonchalant about being 0-4 and he never acknowledges his poor play. Talking about not taking his joy away and how he is just going to enjoying life. I get that football is just a game in the grand scheme of things but he just got paid a ton of money to be a top franchise QB. Assumably to play like a franchise QB and win games. It just seems like he's cool with the way things are like he's okay with losing now. That's just my opinion, my two cents. Obrien and his over complicated garbage offense just needs to go.
Everyone reacts differently. You can best believe the youngster is upset and is not accustomed to losing like this.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Simply put,

He got paid.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If there's anybody who is still a defender of BoB and if there's anybody who still feels like he's not the #1 problem with this team, I've gotta ask, WTH are you watching?
I've been a Houston football fan since the mid 80s, and this guys game planning makes Jerry Glanville look like Belichick.
DW4 does have some issues, mostly when it comes to holding onto the ball too long, but if you can't see he's way more of a solution than he is a problem then I'm not sure what you're looking at. Why even draft a guy like Watson if you're not gonna build and scheme your offense around his strengths. Even at Clemson he was always better when he was at his best when he was able to take the ball and throw it around the field. Even his first season, before the ACL, he was at his best when he was able to cut lose, i.e. Seattle and KC.
Why spend 40mil/yr to keep him if you're still gonna run a vanilla offense and not even think about letting him do what he can do best until you're down multiple scores? We saw it last week against Pittsburgh on the drive to end the half. 5 plays, 75 yards, 50 seconds. When he can cut it lose and make plays, he is VERY HARD to stop.
We get down multiple score today and he gets turned lose to a degree and we get close. Then we go right back to the bull crap we were doing that got us down in the first place.
Idk, I'm not even mad at this point because its what we've been accustomed to expect from BoB.
Those are cheap end of half and game stat fillers when defenses are playing prevent.

Decim8

Veteran
In typical Texans fashion.

People I was watching the game with called this before it happened.

Close but no cigar.
I'm referring to how you call it cheap stats. "IF" the Texans (its a team game so I put Texans not watson in there) pulled it off, then those stats wouldn't seem so cheap now would it. But yup agree.....close but no cigar

76Texan

Hall of Fame
That knife cuts both ways,
Nope.
At the least:

The HC gets one part because he's just a bad HC
The OC gets one part because he's just a bad OC
The GM gets one part because he decimated the defense and the whole roster in general, making it difficult to compete.

You look back at all the SB winning teams, the things they have in common are:
A good to great running game.
A good to great defense.
A good to great ST.

This team has NONE.
No QB had ever carried his team to the SB all by himself.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I can see I made a wise decision to add to my ignore list.

The DW4 excuse makers got up early this morning.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
76Texan said:
Nope.
At the least:

The HC gets one part because he's just a bad HC
The OC gets one part because he's just a bad OC
The GM gets one part because he decimated the defense and the whole roster in general, making it difficult to compete.

You look back at all the SB winning teams, the things they have in common are:
A good to great running game.
A good to great defense.
A good to great ST.

This team has NONE.
No QB had ever carried his team to the SB all by himself.

You missed the point .... Let me explain it:

76Texan said:
I've been telling you: X
You just wouldn't listen.
That knife cuts both ways.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
What a good OC does to an offense:

1st & 10 at MIN 44
(9:18 - 1st) K.Cousins pass deep left to J.Jefferson to HST 27 for 29 yards (B.Roby; V.Hargreaves).
Nobody winthin 5 yards of the receiver. Throwing lane wide open, too.

2nd & 9 at HOU 26
(7:51 - 1st) K.Cousins pass short right to D.Cook to HST 15 for 11 yards (B.Roby) [C.Omenihu].
Look, a RB screen that works.

1st & 10 at MIN 36
(7:38 - 2nd) K.Cousins pass deep left to J.Jefferson to HST 38 for 26 yards (V.Hargreaves).
Play action presents a wide open middle for the receiver to run across, giving the QB a clear shot at the target.

1st & 10 at MIN 25
(9:47 - 3rd) K.Cousins pass deep left to A.Thielen pushed ob at HST 36 for 39 yards (B.Roby).
Another PA Pass with no defender even in the parking lot.

3rd & 1 at HOU 27
(7:39 - 3rd) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep right to A.Thielen.PENALTY on MIN-D.Dozier, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HST 27 - No Play.
They caught the Texans napping defending a third and 1.
Receiver was running open into the endzone.
Cousins' pass was long.

1st & 10 at HOU 44
(12:14 - 4th) K.Cousins pass deep right to A.Thielen to HST 19 for 25 yards (E.Murray).
A bootleg that actually works.

3rd & 6 at MIN 48
(3:10 - 4th) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep left to A.Thielen (B.Roby).
One of more than a half dozen plays where the receiver was given opportunity to win the one and one before safety can arrive; half of them work.
On this one, Cousins was simply way short on the throw while Thielen had Roby clearly beaten.
That could have been the dagger in the heart right there.

On the other hand, BOB's play design and calling sequence was just high-school level.:hankpalm: