Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS VIKINGS VS COVID WEEK 4

banned1976

sleeper mode
I predict that popper sales will plummet next week..
I hope so. I really dislike that HEB guy. He was at the HEB on 242 and 45 one day last season, shortly after that store opened. I was walking out of one of the entrances and there he was, surrounded by a bunch of Texans cheerleader babes. I don't know if he yelled at me because I walked straight through his photo-op PR shoot or because I said "hey" to one of the hot cheerleaders and ignored him, but I thought his behavior was way out of line. Not quite like a Christian Bale type of rant but he was pretty rude. The hell with his poppers!

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I hope so. I really dislike that HEB guy. He was at the HEB on 242 and 45 one day last season, shortly after that store opened. I was walking out of one of the entrances and there he was, surrounded by a bunch of Texans cheerleader babes. I don't know if he yelled at me because I walked straight through his photo-op shoot or because I said "hey" to one of the hot cheerleaders and ignored him, but I thought his behavior was way out of line. Not quite like a Christian Bale type of rant but he was pretty rude. The hell with his poppers!

We should all ban together and protest poppers!

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
He leads the NFL in receptions and receiving yards right now. He's 5th in the NFL in catch rate. I'd take that all day everyday over David Johnson and any of our receivers. Hopkins has more receiving yards than Cooks and Johnson's yards combined so far this season.
Obs ego made a trade most fantasy football leagues wouldn't allow.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I’ll preface this by saying Watson did not play well at all, particularly in the 1st half, but here’s the 3rd and 6 on the 2nd drive Watson gets sacked on.

3 receivers all in the middle. Beautifully designed, but for some reason Watson just holds onto the ball.

View attachment 6759
Why do we have 3 receivers all within 8 yards of eachother and who's actually looking back at Watson for the ball (because all I see is fuzzy logos on the sides of their helmets)? DeAndre Hopkins would've thrown his arm up and turned to the QB and made himself available, but He's a stud.. Wish we had one of those.

Is there zero hot reads for this team?

Last edited:

JWTexans

Waterboy
If there's anybody who is still a defender of BoB and if there's anybody who still feels like he's not the #1 problem with this team, I've gotta ask, WTH are you watching?
I've been a Houston football fan since the mid 80s, and this guys game planning makes Jerry Glanville look like Belichick.
DW4 does have some issues, mostly when it comes to holding onto the ball too long, but if you can't see he's way more of a solution than he is a problem then I'm not sure what you're looking at. Why even draft a guy like Watson if you're not gonna build and scheme your offense around his strengths. Even at Clemson he was always better when he was at his best when he was able to take the ball and throw it around the field. Even his first season, before the ACL, he was at his best when he was able to cut lose, i.e. Seattle and KC.
Why spend 40mil/yr to keep him if you're still gonna run a vanilla offense and not even think about letting him do what he can do best until you're down multiple scores? We saw it last week against Pittsburgh on the drive to end the half. 5 plays, 75 yards, 50 seconds. When he can cut it lose and make plays, he is VERY HARD to stop.
We get down multiple score today and he gets turned lose to a degree and we get close. Then we go right back to the bull crap we were doing that got us down in the first place.
Idk, I'm not even mad at this point because its what we've been accustomed to expect from BoB.

DanielTx

Veteran
I’ll preface this by saying Watson did not play well at all, particularly in the 1st half, but here’s the 3rd and 6 on the 2nd drive Watson gets sacked on.

3 receivers all in the middle. Beautifully designed, but for some reason Watson just holds onto the ball.

View attachment 6759
5 line men blocking 3 pass rushers. Does this team practice? Maybe it’s just horrible coaching

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Something that crossed my mind today is that Watson has completely stopped running for positive yards. When the play breaks down you’ll see him go a very long way to gain a yard instead of take a sack sometimes, but he came into the league as someone who would threaten to beat you on the ground at any time, and seems to have stopped doing it completely. It isn’t like he’s holding it and taking off upfield, now he just holds it.

whodknee

Working Class Hero
Let's don't forget. This is 2020 nothing has gone right. Let's just put a Big Fat A$$terick beside it and wait till next year

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Something that crossed my mind today is that Watson has completely stopped running for positive yards. When the play breaks down you’ll see him go a very long way to gain a yard instead of take a sack sometimes, but he came into the league as someone who would threaten to beat you on the ground at any time, and seems to have stopped doing it completely. It isn’t like he’s holding it and taking off upfield, now he just holds it.
Exactly. He's gotten away from it more & more since he tore his ACL. Making him not the QB we drafted.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Exactly. He's gotten away from it more & more since he tore his ACL. Making him not the QB we drafted.
Yeah, and that was a guy who could beat a spy 1v1 so had much more of the D design skewed to slow him down. The less he does it, the easier it is for the D to cover his receivers.
We don’t even run the bootleg to any success. There is nothing positive about his mobility any more, apart from occasional escapability and the odd throw on the run. The special traits have been coached out of him.