Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS TITANS II INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
DsojlIIU0AACKCh.jpg

******COMMENTARIES TO BE POSTED IF/AS TIME PERMITS

HOUSTON

Nothing really new except that Watt is back on the report for his knee. Keep in mind that this was a "phantom practice." There is no useful information re. the players on the Limited Participation list.

TENNESSEE

The Hillbillies may not have all their teeth, but they seem to have relatively healthy legs coming into this game.

RB Fluellen (knee)....... on his 4th carry of the season and the 3rd carry of the game (4 yds/carry), sustained a significant knee injury Nov 11............the team has not characterized it, but said "it was not as serious as it could have been".........as I watched the game, it appeared to be a hyperextension noncontact injury, which I am sure caused ligament damage............if it was not an injury to the ACL, it would most likely be a PCL tear............he's an upright runner and paid for it in repeated injuries throughout his college career..............missed numerous games in 3 of 4 seasons with knee, ankle and back injuries...............you will not see him Monday night except on the sideline.

WR Taywan Taylor (foot)...........sustained week 9........looked to me to be a classic Lisfranc forced flexion-positioned foot on that play..............has not really practiced until now...........hard bent to see him on the field, or productive it so allowed to play.........high risk re-injury

C Ben Jones (shoulder)..........sustained undisclosed injury last game

QB Marcus Mariota (neck)...........called a "minor stinger"............has had continued numbness of his right arm and essentially did not throw yesterday in a practice which was called a "walk-through"..........reviewing the play, his neck was snapped back on his 4th sack of the day............with his prolonged symptoms and hesitancy to have him start throwing this far out, I feel that he is dealing with a nerve impingement (whether caused by swelling or disc compression).............this will certainly not help him following his right elbow (ulnar collateral ligament) injury that he was just overcoming

Last edited:
Doc any info on shoulder for Davenport? I didn't see anything during game.
Most will not remember that Davenport missed 4 games for a shoulder injury that he sustained in week 9. It was for an undisclosed shoulder injury. With the number of games missed, it is most likely that he suffered a shoulder dislocation which he chose to rehab without surgery. IF this is another dislocation or subluxation (partial dislocation) of the same shoulder, if he has not suffered associated labrum damage, he will probably rehab and wear a shoulder harness to finish the season. Shoulder instability characterized by more than one shoulder displacement is an indication for surgery after the season is over. We need more information and will know more in the next week.

DstzRXNUcAALMCF.jpg

HOUSTON

Watt is limited with his knee in a real practice..........the remainder of LP players are likely to be Questionable or Out by status day. Davenport being FP does not surprise me even if he had a shoulder dislocation/subluxation with immediate relocation, which it must have been.......his performance will still be probably affected.

It will be interesting to see if any of the players on the FP list today revert to LP tomorrow.

TENNESSEE

Taylor's foot only practiced on a limited basis, while the rest of his body did not participate because he was sick of being limited by his foot.

Mariota was reported by the team as throwing well today and is expected to start Monday..............per Vrabel...........
LyingFingersCross_I_swear_4721.png

Bill O'Brien said CB Aaron Colvin (ankle) has "a chance" to play Monday night against the Titans. Colvin last played Week 4 against the Colts.

................now THAT's what I call strongly encouraging language.........:kitten:

DszAhn-U0AA9flO.jpg

HOUSTON

I would not be counting on Ejiofor, Fulton or Kelemente. If they do play, they are likely to be compromised.

I am still concerned about Coutee, but I'm sure we'll see him out there against the Tacks although he has not been a full go for 1 solid week.

Cunningham hasn't taken full reps when it counts. He will still be favoring his knee.
Same with Davenport with his shoulder this soon.

If everyone plays, it will be because the Texans are pulling out all stops to win this game.

TENNESSEE

Taylor, despite being Questionable, will not play or his appearance will be a worse cameo than JJ's movie cameo.

I'll be watching Mariota. He will play, but I believe his nerve impingement will have some residual effects on his passing. If he gets hit hard and/or is sacked multiple times, full blown recurrence of his symptoms would not be surprising.

Last edited:
The 2 starting guards are a huge concern to me. I hope if they miss this week and possibly next week they are back by the Indy game.

The 2 starting guards are a huge concern to me. I hope if they miss this week and possibly next week they are back by the Indy game.

If it takes that long.....the OL may gel into a very decent unit. Rankin at LG and Mancz at RG. If Ranking and Mancz got the 1st team reps in practice, this unit might actually look pretty decent against the Titans.
LT- Davenport / LG- Rankin / C- Matin / RG- Mancz / RT- Lamm.

Maybe at this time. But after getting completely over his foot surgery and having a full offseason and preseason, I wouldn't be surprised to break into the OT line up.

Rankin has slow feet, that could be because of injury. After all he was 1st team SEC at LT.

I see Rankin as a really good LG. Maybe he can play RT.

Back