Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs Saints Gameday Thread

Well it’s finally here. I’ve been waitin all week
Just to kick this thing off.
I’ve been rockin away on the edge of my seat,
Now I’m ready to roll.
Here they come to mix things up.
Bet your boots they know what I’m talkin about (Speaking).

Let’s get ready to root for our team.
All you Texans, get up and scream.

It’s football time in Houston!
And we’re ready to play.
We’ve got no time to lose now,
It’s red’n white and blue today.

Welcome to the greatest City of all.
Houston Texas!
Are you ready for some football?

It can rain, it can pour, it can snow, I don’t care.
I’m here till the end.
The spirit of vict’ry is blowin round in the air,
We’re gonna win.

I’m so excited that we’re all here.
I love the sound of those home town cheers!

Men, women, girls and boys, get on your feet
Make some noise!

And we’re ready to play.
We’ve got now time to lose now,

Houston Texas!
(Speaking)
Courage…
Pride…
Independence…
And tradition…
Strength

The Texans are about to march.
TORO’s getting ready to charge!

And we’re ready to play.

Houston Texas!

heres the music video
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=1764&play_clip=Y

I'm going to be looking for several things when I watch the Texans VS Saints on both sides of the ball...

A.) I want to see a runningback emerge who we can depend on instead of having to rotate people in and out. If we can get one go-to guy and then have a goaline back and a 3rd down back we're good to go.

B.) Kareem Jackson and the rest of the DBs. When I think of the Saints, I think of an arieal attack and what better way to test the strength of your DBs then to watch them play against one of the best passing offenses in the NFL.

C.) I like to see Earl Mitchell get some more playing time (not sure if he has). I've heard good things about him and I want him to get plenty of playing time if he proves himself during the preseason.

D.) The offensive line...the Saints have an okay defensive line with Sedrick Ellis and Will Smith so I want to see good blocking from our offensive line and good pass protection from our tackles.

E.) The kicking battle rages on, I like to see how Rackers does on kickoff and field goal attempts.

There is probably more but this all I could think of...GO TEXANS!

innnnnnnn

aints.jpg

images

060423_draft_vmed_5p.widec.jpg

the announcers said that demeco was different last game trying to excite the defense and it seemed to work. i'm most looking forward to seeing if mario williams brings that intensity again and if demeco's found a way to get him properly motivated.

by the way, is the cardinal's right tackle still in orbit?

Alright Gary, heres to hoping you're our good luck Gameday thread Starter! :texflag:

aints.png

I just hope we don't come out flat and have to play catch up. I want too see that offensive attack the Texans ended last season, with an actual running game to go with it. If that happens, that could be scary for opposing defenses. :hide:

I was surprised it took this long for a gameday thread to pop up so I just went ahead and started it.

Let's go Texans!!! I'll try and bring us good luck. I am going to go up to HEB this afternoon and meet some Texans cheerleaders and Toro in RR.

:texflag::texflag::texflag:

Well it’s finally here. I’ve been waitin all week
Just to kick this thing off.
I’ve been rockin away on the edge of my seat,
Now I’m ready to roll.
Here they come to mix things up.
Bet your boots they know what I’m talkin about (Speaking).

Let’s get ready to root for our team.
All you Texans, get up and scream.

And we’re ready to play.
We’ve got no time to lose now,

Houston Texas!

It can rain, it can pour, it can snow, I don’t care.
I’m here till the end.
The spirit of vict’ry is blowin round in the air,
We’re gonna win.

I’m so excited that we’re all here.
I love the sound of those home town cheers!

Men, women, girls and boys, get on your feet
Make some noise!

And we’re ready to play.

Houston Texas!
(Speaking)
Courage…
Pride…
Independence…
And tradition…
Strength

The Texans are about to march.
TORO’s getting ready to charge!

And we’re ready to play.

Houston Texas!

heres the music video
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=1764&play_clip=Y

I hate that damn song!!!

It's football time biatches! :doot:

gear-patrol-salute-to-football-season.jpg

These are the main things I'm looking for -

1. How Kareem Jackson does against Brees when the Saint's 1st offense is out
2. The running game
3. How much pass rush we can generate while the starters are out there

A.) I want to see a runningback emerge who we can depend on instead of having to rotate people in and out. If we can get one go-to guy and then have a goaline back and a 3rd down back we're good to go.

E.) The kicking battle rages on, I like to see how Rackers does on kickoff and field goal attempts.

The Texans need to be on the hunt for a RB to replace Tate. Nothing that happens tonight should change that.

According to some posters here, the kicking battle doesn't exist. :shrug:

I'm interested in how all aspects of our game goes when the two 1st strings are on the field. Playing New Orleans this week and Dallas next week will tell us a whole lot about this team.

I'm ready!! :fans:

:logo:

I'm interested in how all aspects of our game goes when the two 1st strings are on the field. Playing New Orleans this week and Dallas next week will tell us a whole lot about this team.

I'm ready!! :fans:

:logo:

Yep, no doubt. Even though its preseason, these two games are where the starters get most of their playing time,.

I can't wait to see Kareem Jackson finally in action against another NFL team!I kind of want Brees to throw in Jackson's direction often just to see up close how he reacts.

I'm interested to see if our D pressures Brees, if they can't do that we'll definitely be getting a feel for where KJ is. I also want to see more of Jeremiah Johnson, I'm just not sold on Chris Henry at all. Maybe I'm just bitter still they kept him and waived Moats. I know, I need to let it go. Who knows, maybe we'll also get to see the kickers put in some tough spots. Let the games begin!

I know he is with the Vikings but just wondering about his roster satus.

I've been trying (and failing) to find any info as well. I even tried looking it up on Viking message boards and couldn't find anything.

Welp...Do ya'll think the Texans should sign him again? He did lead the team in rushing TDs and we might be in need of another RB
He is probably going to just jump around his whole career it seems like. He might be better than Henry though.

If he's cut, the Texans need to pick him up. He's already familiar with what they want to do and he did flash some promise last season. I asked LZ in one of his recent blogs if Chris Henry and Jeremiah Johnson were really that much of an improvement over Moats and he simply answered "No". I think the Texans owe him a look if the opportunity presents itself.

He is probably going to just jump around his whole career it seems like. He might be better than Henry though.

Moats' big problem was in pass protection. That's why Chris Brown stuck around so long and got so many snaps last year. We couldn't trust anyone else not to get Matt killed. Moats, Slaton, and Foster just didn't have it going on.

To Arian's credit, he got it together and by the end of the season, I think he was fine in pass pro.

But that's a big strike against bringing Ryan back. I like Ryan. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Moats' big problem was in pass protection. That's why Chris Brown stuck around so long and got so many snaps last year. We couldn't trust anyone else not to get Matt killed. Moats, Slaton, and Foster just didn't have it going on.

To Arian's credit, he got it together and by the end of the season, I think he was fine in pass pro.

But that's a big strike against bringing Ryan back. I like Ryan. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
He has shown some flashs at times but he hasn't ever proven the Eagles thirteenth overall back in 05.

For those of us not in the Houston area, anybody know where we can catch a live stream of the game? Checked out Justintv and it didn't look like it was going to be on there.

He has shown some flashs at times but he hasn't ever proven the Eagles thirteenth overall back in 05.

Um. The 13th overall pick in 2005 was Jammal Brown by the Saints. Ryan Moats was taken with the 13th pick of the the 3rd round. He was the 77th pick overall.

Oops, I did not catch the third round part. Sorry.

Just some trivia, but we took Vernand Morency 4 picks before Moats. Justin Tuck was taken with the next pick after Morency.

Marion Barber III was taken the next round and Joshua Cribbs went undrafted.

Just some trivia, but we took Vernand Morency 4 picks before Moats. Justin Tuck was taken with the next pick after Morency.

Marion Barber III was taken the next round and Joshua Cribbs went undrafted.
I would have loved to have Tuck, Cribbs, or Barber but oh, well life goes on.

I am so excited for this game to start. I would love to watch it live after paying so much for the Sunday Ticket, but rather than wait until after SNL for it to come on I will just watch it on a 3"x3" window on my computer. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

Back