Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS RAVENS PLAYOFFS............"NEVERMORE" QUOTH THE TEXANS!

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
In their 1st meeting this season in week 1, the Texans lost 25-9. Stroud never posted a TD, although he threw 44 passes with no interceptions.............in fact, the Texans never posted a TD at all. Lamar Jackson didn't post a TD either (although he was intercepted once), but Ravens RBs posted 3.

Saturday is another day..........another time...........a perfect time to get even..............

In their 1st meeting this season in week 1, the Texans lost 25-9. Stroud never posted a TD, although he threw 44 passes with no interceptions.............in fact, the Texans never posted a TD at all. Lamar Jackson didn't post a TD either (although he was intercepted once), but Ravens RBs posted 3.

Saturday is another day..........another time...........a perfect time to get even..............
Texans 30-28

Ravens will look across the field and see an entirely different Stroud, offensive line, run defense and overall defense. Derek Stingley rounding into Pro Bowl type player and Nelson could just shut down his side of the field. Our safeties are what I worry about and Tunsil's newest 'minor' injury.

Some stats and factoids:

Ravens tied with the NYG (of all people) for the best turnover differential in the league with a +12. Texans were not that far behind with +10.

In the somethings-gotta-give dept: Ravens and the NYG led the league with 31 takeaways. Texans led the league and were the stingiest with just 14 giveaways (turnovers).

The Raven's defense is top ten in several categories but where they really excel is keeping you off the scoreboard. They led the league by allowing just 16.5 pts/game.

*clearing throat*

*deep breath

Okay, here we go again. Another week set up for assured humilation.

We are going to be murdered by the Ravens.... wait is a flock of Ravens a murder or is it just crows?

Either way.... its hopeless, the Ravens will be more like angels than rats with wings. They will glide through the air, to and fro.

The Texans will be as the cowering..... retreating in defeat like none has ever been seen or will ever be seen again.

It will be lost by halftime in favor of the Ravens. The Texans players will be in the locker room crying at their inability to overcome the greatness that are the Ravens.

I went to the first Ravens Texans playoff game and sat behind the bench. Was great to support the team, and watch the game behind the game. The ticket prices were not bad. That was the birth of the "Traveling Texans." I recently saw the pregame video from Mothers, and it was very pure.

If you are thinking of going to the game, I believe the team will be posting something about Traveling Texans meetups. Even in the Ravens loss last time, it was great to be around so many people wanting to see history. I don't get to travel much to games but when I have, I have never had a bad time doing TT stuff.

The winds there are interesting. They have flags near the top of the stadium that blow a different direction sometimes than the wind you feel at field level. Expected to be a windy cold game.

I didn't think it was a particularly loud playoff atmosphere but they don't have a roof LOL. Also, I think it was because some of the game was nervous for them given the Texans defense in particular trying to make it a game. They have been kind of embarrassed about not being as loud as they have been in the past, so they will likely be louder unless the Texans start stomping again. :texans chick:

I feel as good as I could possibly can about this matchup because I really have confidence in how DeMeco Ryans handles his biz. Game sometimes doesn't work out your way for reasons but I like where they are in their evolution as a team.

For over years, I've been Texans Chick or TC, and I've always enjoyed being a part of The Extended Texans Universe (The ETU), sometimes feeling like we are flying together. For decades, I have been the Utopian Dreamer, learning more and more kinds of football stuff, always wanting the Championship that Houston deserves given who we are as a people and what we like in our football. We've been dreaming for this time.

WE ARE F OWED. DEMECO IS GONNA COLLECT IT.

As I wrote in July, I've got everything I wanted in modern football. DeMeco Ryans stated his plan, the plan makes wide sense, it is working out in NFL record breaking ways. Love it. Now it is be a pro, get some luck, make some luck.

Dream on, friends. Let me know if you have any questions about whatnot. This has been a wild week, I'm still the good sore from celebrating so much in the stands, and the foolishness that ensued in the tailgate and post tailgate. We closed the lot down and fun was had.

Cheers,

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 10.50.39 PM.png

Okay brothers and sisters, I just realized - and I believe I'm correct, if we beat the Ravens, we earn the right to host the AFC Championship game right?
The magnitude of a win in Baltimore is something to ponder.

The Ravens are going to curb stomp the Texans! The Ravens will break many records in kicking our asses! We will lose by five or more TD's and the Ravens will show our victory over the Brown stains to be a fluke. Lamar Jackson isn't 39 years old like Joe Flacco, he is a much better athlete with a better arm and he has a more complete and better rotation of receivers. The Ravens have a solid rushing attack based on rush by committee. They also have better offensive linemen who happen to be healthy. It is highly unlikely we get enough pressure on Lamar Jackson and when we get some pressure it won't come straight up the gut and he will escape like Houdini!!! He will show us that as good as our young Qb is, that he is not the MVP for a reason.

Defensively, the Ravens will show why they are #1 overall! CJ is a great young talent but the key word is "Young," and when he is in constant pressure he will bend enough that he will break. The Ravens stuff our run game and they will exploit our weak secondary. Even if CJ doesn't throw any picks the Ravens will force several turnovers!!!

Sorry, but our young team will be brought down from their high horse and this time it is them who will be on the serious side of a blowout!!!!

Bank on it!!!!!!

Last edited:
*clearing throat*

*deep breath

Okay, here we go again. Another week set up for assured humilation.

We are going to be murdered by the Ravens.... wait is a flock of Ravens a murder or is it just crows?

Either way.... its hopeless, the Ravens will be more like angels than rats with wings. They will glide through the air, to and fro.

The Texans will be as the cowering..... retreating in defeat like none has ever been seen or will ever be seen again.

It will be lost by halftime in favor of the Ravens. The Texans players will be in the locker room crying at their inability to overcome the greatness that are the Ravens.
An unkindness of ravens.

The Ravens are going to curb stomp the Texans! The Ravens will break many records in kicking our asses! We will lose by five or more TD's and the Ravens will show our victory over the Brown stains to be a fluke. Lamar Jackson isn't 39 years old like Joe Flacco, he is a much better athlete with a better arm and he has a more complete and better rotation of receivers. The Ravens have a solid rushing attack based on rush by committee. They also have better offensive linemen who happen to be healthy. It is highly unlikely we get enough pressure on Lamar Jackson and when we get some pressure it won't come straight up the gut and he will escape like Houdini!!! He will show us that as good as our young Qb is that he is the MVP for a reason.

Defensively, the Ravens will show why they are #1 overall! CJ is a great young talent but the key word is "Young," and when he is in constant pressure he will bend enough that he will break. The Ravens stuff our run game and they will exploit our weak secondary. Even if CJ doesn't throw any picks the Ravens will force several turnovers!!!

Sorry, but our young team will be brought down from their high horse and this time it is them who will be on the serious side of a blowout!!!!

Bank on it!!!!!!
“Adrian always tells the truth”

The big x factor in this game will be turnovers. The Ravens lead the league in takeaways. Their blowout wins are keyed on capitalizing on opponent’s mistakes (like Brock Purdy’s 4 ints).

The Texans are last in the league in giveaways. Only 14 on the season. I am looking at the Colts/Ravens game from earlier this season as the blueprint. Don’t turn the ball over, stay committed to the run, take the points when you can (four 50+ yard FGs!)

Take care of the football. Commit to the run (Ravens have allowed multiple 100 yard rushers this season). Capitalize on your opportunities.

This game will play out similarly to the regular season finale against the Colts. Field position and taking care of the football. This team is built for this gameplan. Time to execute!

Curbstomping the Browns the way we did, I don’t think this team feels any pressure and that’s potentially dangerous for Baltimore. The first time Lamar runs with the ball, they have to tag him, hard.
I think our record is something like L-W-L-W-W-L. I think it's possible a big win like that may effect them more than we want to let on. They are a young team after all.

The Baltimore Ravens are not going to lose this game. They covert 3rd downs. They stop opponents on 3rd down. They score TDs in the red zone. They stop opponents from scoring in the red zone. They've won over half their games by 2 scores or more. They have never been out of a game, with their 4 losses by 7 points or less.

So, the Texans will need to win this game. I can't come up with some combination of numbers from this season that show how to make that happen. The players will need to be great. CJ Stroud will need to be great. Again. Will Anderson will need to be great rushing Lamar Jackson and stopping the run. Like when Lamar Jackson runs. Nico Collins needs to dominate. Derek Stingley needs to shutdown his assignments and find the football. Bobby Slowik needs to create the best game plan he's ever had. DeMeco Ryans needs to find the formula that shuts down Lamar Jackson.

Great things from the players and coaches who can be great. Just be great and win the game. Texans 24-23.

The Baltimore Ravens are not going to lose this game. They covert 3rd downs. They stop opponents on 3rd down. They score TDs in the red zone. They stop opponents from scoring in the red zone. They've won over half their games by 2 scores or more. They have never been out of a game, with their 4 losses by 7 points or less.

So, the Texans will need to win this game. I can't come up with some combination of numbers from this season that show how to make that happen. The players will need to be great. CJ Stroud will need to be great. Again. Will Anderson will need to be great rushing Lamar Jackson and stopping the run. Like when Lamar Jackson runs. Nico Collins needs to dominate. Derek Stingley needs to shutdown his assignments and find the football. Bobby Slowik needs to create the best game plan he's ever had. DeMeco Ryans needs to find the formula that shuts down Lamar Jackson.

Great things from the players and coaches who can be great. Just be great and win the game. Texans 24-23.
Can lightning hit the same spot twice?
Yes, if they're lightning rods.
We shall see if our team can sparkle again this weekend.
Me? My heart says Texans, but my head says Ravens.

I'm looking at the Texan defense for some good things. The last few games, they are showing signs of a group that is (finally) coming together. Sort of a gelling that wasn't there 18 games ago. For example, at one point, Nelson was not having a good day vs. the Browns. The pick 6 completely turned his day around. I don't expect the '85 Bears but they will have to do things to keep it close ...

Figuring out a way to contain Lamar and his legs will be key. I think we can do a decent job of locking down the WRs, but when we do we need to be prepared to keep Lamar in the pocket and not running. I can see third and longs being converted because of his ability to scramble.

On offense, we need to be efficient and protect CJ.

Even in Jackson's lone playoff win (@ Titans), he threw for 179 yards, O TDs, 1 INT, and took 5 sacks.

The Ravens are a much better team than game 1. Of course...so are the Texans. But the Ravens are arguably the best team in football over much of the season. They have to be considered a strong favorite at home against a very wounded Texan receiving group with a lack of weapons for CJ.

Why the Ravens will win:
* More experience in all key positions from HC to QB
* The best team for much of this year, with the best record in the NFL and SB favorite
* They are playing at home where they have the clear advantage and weather may play a factor
* They are by far the healthier team (Mark Andrews notwithstanding)
* Ravens are 4th in points per game at 28.4
* Sixth in yards per game at 370.4
* First in rushing yards per game at 156.5 and we saw some major leaks at Indy in this area.
* And they run out the likely MVP at QB in Lamar Jackson, so while CJ is a rookie phenom, the Texans can't claim they have the better QB on Saturday.
On D...
* Ravens were tied for first in takeaways with 31
* Their D is first in points per game at only 16.5
* Their D is 6th in total points at 301.4
* And worst of all for the Texans - they are number one in sacks with 60 - and it comes from all directions.
* Most of their games were blowouts or convincing wins.
* The Texans D is vulnerable to the big play. Expect multiple deep connnections and easy scores.
* Last but not least - both Tank Dell and Noah Brown are out. That makes the Texans lean very heavily on Nico. Odds say against a good D...that's not enough.
* The Ravens will win convincingly, 31-20

Why the Texans will win:
* The Ravens have been sitting around like the ugly birds they are. Is too much rest a thing? We've seen it break teams' mojo before
* The Texans are on a roll, winning 3 straight win-or-go-home games, and these guys have met the challenge at each turn. They are battle-tested in ways that the Ravens are not.
* The Texans are the upstart on a roll and will play loose. Everyone expects them to lose. Will the Ravens get tight if the Texans take a lead?
* Since returning from his concussion, CJ Stroud is averaging 250.3 YPG and completing 76% of his passes with zero interceptions
* Noah and Tank were also missing those games (with a small exception part of last week), and Bobby Slowik has been creative and found ways to make wine out of water.
* The Texans have found a way to find a productive, albeit pedestrian, running game. If there is a mild weakness to the Ravens D, it's probably their run D. Keeping those guys honest and finding some production there should allow the play-action game to find some success.
* The Texans D has found their scoring mojo - with 3 defensive scores in the last couple of games.
* If Will Anderson and Greenard can play, they can help contain the Ravens run game and put some heat on Lamar.
* The Texans have DeMeco. He's proven to have his guys ready for most of the year, particularly these last 3 games.
* The Texan's special teams are truly special - Something will happen in that part of the game, and it could be the difference here.
* Lastly...there is something special and magical about the Texans this season. They are Cinderella, and it may be midnight, but the carriage hasn't yet turned into a pumpkin. We've seen underdogs ride the momentum to a championship, such as the Giants at 9-7, ending up beating NE in the SB. Momentum and confidence can be like a tidal wave. If these guys ride the wave, they will shock the world.
The Texans pull off the stunning upset 24-23.

I hope Demeco studies the Titans-Ravens playoff game from a few years back. The Titans shut Lamar down and made him look like a clueless 3rd string QB. Mike Vrable had a great game plan! We can do it!

Straight up, I’m going to tell you that of the four potential Divisional opponents the Ravens may have faced (in order of seeding- Texans; Browns; Dolphins; Steelers), the Texans are the team I wished most to avoid. Why is easy. Flacco, while beloved in Baltimore for his SB season, was a pick machine his last three games (and was again). Tua gets rattled under pressure. And Rudolph is not that good (and no TJ Watt). But Stroud, although a rookie, seems poised and unfazed, and looks to be a true franchise quarterback. I don’t think Houston is going to get the benefit of back-to-back Pick 6’s like they did against the Browns, nor have their WR’s so blatantly open. I expect a much closer game. But do the Texans have a chance? Damn right they do. And I’m sure John Harbaugh is pressing that message home all week long. Don’t overlook a thing. Play hard for 60 minutes.

I’ll be crushed if the Ravens lose, as this may be their best chance at a SB in years. Mahomes and KC have issues and Allen seems to have a switch going from awesome to turnover that can activate at any time. But as I live in The Woodlands, I’ll be pulling for Houston if they advance to the AFCC.

Mangler, that won’t work. The roster is much different in 2023 than 2019, and Greg Roman is no longer the OC. The Ravens game plan is not A- Lamar run B- throw passes to Mark Andrews C- Lamar run. The Ravens have a much improved overall offense in 2023 and Jackson now has the ability to audible and change plays whereas Roman deliberately sent in plays late that could not be changed.

I went to the first Ravens Texans playoff game and sat behind the bench. Was great to support the team, and watch the game behind the game. The ticket prices were not bad. That was the birth of the "Traveling Texans." I recently saw the pregame video from Mothers, and it was very pure.

If you are thinking of going to the game, I believe the team will be posting something about Traveling Texans meetups. Even in the Ravens loss last time, it was great to be around so many people wanting to see history. I don't get to travel much to games but when I have, I have never had a bad time doing TT stuff.

The winds there are interesting. They have flags near the top of the stadium that blow a different direction sometimes than the wind you feel at field level. Expected to be a windy cold game.

I didn't think it was a particularly loud playoff atmosphere but they don't have a roof LOL. Also, I think it was because some of the game was nervous for them given the Texans defense in particular trying to make it a game. They have been kind of embarrassed about not being as loud as they have been in the past, so they will likely be louder unless the Texans start stomping again. :texans chick:

I feel as good as I could possibly can about this matchup because I really have confidence in how DeMeco Ryans handles his biz. Game sometimes doesn't work out your way for reasons but I like where they are in their evolution as a team.

For over years, I've been Texans Chick or TC, and I've always enjoyed being a part of The Extended Texans Universe (The ETU), sometimes feeling like we are flying together. For decades, I have been the Utopian Dreamer, learning more and more kinds of football stuff, always wanting the Championship that Houston deserves given who we are as a people and what we like in our football. We've been dreaming for this time.

WE ARE F OWED. DEMECO IS GONNA COLLECT IT.

As I wrote in July, I've got everything I wanted in modern football. DeMeco Ryans stated his plan, the plan makes wide sense, it is working out in NFL record breaking ways. Love it. Now it is be a pro, get some luck, make some luck.

Dream on, friends. Let me know if you have any questions about whatnot. This has been a wild week, I'm still the good sore from celebrating so much in the stands, and the foolishness that ensued in the tailgate and post tailgate. We closed the lot down and fun was had.

Cheers,

View attachment 13481

It's not a Texans post-season without Texans Chick joining us to celebrate. I still remember running into you in the Reliant blue lot after we beat the Bengals in 2012. The first thing you yelled to our group was "We did it!" It summed up the moment.

This is off topic, but since I have your attention: If Slowik is not poached by another team for a head coaching job, and if you have a chance to ask him questions, can you ask him if he intends to install a true Shanahan ZBS offense next season? That was the expectation this season, but I assumed the plague of injuries to our offensive line prevented him from installing it.

Last edited:
Back