Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans ~vs~ Raiders Predictions!!!!

chuckm said:
I had to smile when I read this .... especially the "mediocre teams" and "pretty solid" ...

mediocre teams would seem to be San Diego & Detriot (I agree BTW)

San Diego 1 - 2 (ranked 28th by ESPN) LOSS in Houston
Detroit 2 - 1 (ranked 18th by ESPN) LOSS in Detroit
Kansas City 0 - 3 (ranked 24th by ESPN) WIN in Kansas City

pretty solid would seem to be Tampa Bay & Buffalo

Pittsburgh 2 - 1 (ranked 13th by ESPN) LOSS in Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay 0 - 3 (ranked 29th by ESPN) WIN in Oakland
Buffalo 0 - 2 (ranked 27th by ESPN) WIN in Oakland
lol:

Can't believe people actually look at those power rankings from Extra Stupid Persons Network

3rd Coast Playa said:
haha how embarrasing warren sapps aZZ is covered with sweat by the first play of the game.
If you've ever gone to an NFL game, you'll notice most guys are covered in sweat by the end of pregame warmups...

3rd Coast Playa said:
its funny when the comentators point it out.
The same commentators who claimed the Raiders were playing a 3-4, when they were really in a 5-2 front?

3rd Coast Playa said:
but we do have strong recievers to match yalls strong cb's. philip b. runs a 4.3 and is quick but armstrong or gaff with do a lil juke move in his route and shake lil phil. he gives up more big plays than he makes big plays. c dub is good. but i hope yall watched some of the highlights about our andre johnson.
Andre Johnson is no match for Woodson. Woodson held Randy Moss to 4 catches for 25 yards last year... I'd be surprised if Johnson even gets half that against Woodson. Buchanon will give some, but take some too. If Carr picks on him more than twice, I wouldn't be surprised if it's 6 the other way. But the matchup that is in your favor is your #3 against our nickel DBs. If we're going to be beat, it'll be right there.

Tedc said:
Carr beats Oaklands blitz... all day with Bruener and Miller and AJ has a big day. Also, JJ parts the black sea to his first TD!

Texans 35, LA 21
lol:

Definitely my favorite post of the thread...

quick someone memo Palmer :hehe:

Its good for football to have a strong Raiders team again, just don't expect AJ to roll over for Woodson, or for that matter the Texans.

Trends being a form of stats can lie, but here are a couple anyway:

[The Raiders] ... Have been outscored by an average of 10 points during their 11-game road losing streak. ... Have lost by an average of 17 points in the games after their previous nine victories.

From yahoosports.

Seems like the Raiders have a problem winning on the road and like the Texans have a problem with back to back wins. Let's hope their trend outweighs ours.

We win games we are not supposed to and lose games we are supposed to win. I think the Raiders will have a spark of fire lit underneath them as Collins takes over the offense. I think they will do pretty well against our pass D.

Raiders 27
Texans 17

It is hard for me to get a gauge on this game. I'm not really scared of the Raiders rushing attack, so I think we might be able to blitz a bit more than usual. On the other hand, I like both of their lines better than ours. I think we go 1-1 against the Raiders and the Vikings. The hard part is guessing which one we will beat.

Texans 23, Raiders 20

I won't predict the score, but I will predict that Marcus Coleman will drink Kerry Collins under the table after the game.

TheOgre said:
It is hard for me to get a gauge on this game. I'm not really scared of the Raiders rushing attack, so I think we might be able to blitz a bit more than usual. On the other hand, I like both of their lines better than ours. I think we go 1-1 against the Raiders and the Vikings. The hard part is guessing which one we will beat.

Texans 23, Raiders 20

How many players have rushed for more than 100 yards againsy our defense? I am not sure, but I believe there has been at least 2.

I predict that the barber shops in Houston will be busy on Monday. If there is anything that this team seems to love, it's being the dog in a game. From the beginning, the bigger the challenge, the more momentum they have.

SoCalRaider said:
lol:

Definitely my favorite post of the thread...

It is my favorite, too.

I will be laughing just like the smilie when it happens. Will you come back and laugh with me?

The Traitors are one of those teams that I detest the most. They are from the Bud Adams mould. Where will you move next?

34-20 Houston

Diehardtexan said:
edo783 and axman40 predicted the score right last week, a couple came real close with 24 to 20. Good guess guys. :headbang:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
name-------------------------Texans----------------Raiders

I've only got 2 words to describe this win ........... FALSE START !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Win Texans

lol:

atxcoolguy said:
Texans 34
Raiders 17

Texans offense finally gets it together, and after a tough first half, come up big and destroy the raiders in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Carr throws for 3 touchdowns, while DD runs for one. The Texans will force collins into 3 costly interceptions, While Carr throws for 1 pick.

This is what i picked. i thought i came pretty close IMO. one touchdown for carr, 1 for wells, no pick for carr although a fumble from wells, but the defense came up big in the 3rd and 4th quarters and picked collins 3 times. it would have been 34-17 if the texans would have scored a TD instead of a field goal ont he 2nd to last drive.

ccdude730 said:
texans 24
raiders 16

NOTICE MY SIG! if we feed the ball to AJ we will deffinatly get this game. the o-line will get a pep talk and perform alot better this week. wells will be in alot and he will be a factor. im feeling 2-2 by the time the sun sets on sunday. mr carr - call your barber...

not to toot my own horn, but id say i wasnt too far off myself, i just didnt predict the stats, but anyway....lets keep this up!! :thumbup

Hi guys... Came back to eat my crow!

Congrats on a great win. You brought your A-game and soundly put us away.

Good luck against the Vikings next week and have a great season!

Just Win, Baby!

JustWinBaby said:
Hi guys... Came back to eat my crow!

Congrats on a great win. You brought your A-game and soundly put us away.

Good luck against the Vikings next week and have a great season!

Just Win, Baby!

Thanx, good luck to you too...

We saw the worst of Kerry Collins. I think he can do a lot better than that. Every other QB has thrown at least 2 TD's against us. Collins looked good against the Bucs. Hopefully you will see more of that and fewer desperation plays from him.

SBTexans08 said:
Originally Posted by Doug
Well, Last week I picked the Chiefs to win so maybe I've started some kind of jinx. Raiders win 21-13.

Me too. I chose them to lose and they won. That's how I expected it to happen and it worked. :woot

I say

Raiders 18
Houston 16

Hey Doug.....lookey, lookey.....we picked against the Texans for the second time and they win.....what do ya know!!!

You know who I'm picking next week in their game vs Vikings! :woot

SBTexans08 said:
Hey Doug.....lookey, lookey.....we picked against the Texans for the second time and they win.....what do ya know!!!

You know who I'm picking next week in their game vs Vikings! :woot
whatever works guys!

I'm saying 23-21 Texans (advantage Texans when the roof is open)

I predict the following:

Texans: 30
Raiders: 17

Dunta has 2 picks. Wells rushes for 100+ yds. Sharper gets a sack, causes a fumble, recovers it, and scores. In the second half, the Raiders offense will be shut down and will not score. Texans will go to 17 in ESPN power rankings. Oh, and the next day KC beats Baltimore at home on MNF.

Doesn't all that sound good? Hope I'm right. :headbang:

atxcoolguy said:
Texans 34
Raiders 17

Texans offense finally gets it together, and after a tough first half, come up big and destroy the raiders in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Carr throws for 3 touchdowns, while DD runs for one. The Texans will force collins into 3 costly interceptions, While Carr throws for 1 pick.

hey i was pretty close on this one. collins threw 3 picks, defense killed the raiders in the 3rd and 4th quarters allowing 0 points.

Back