Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs. Raiders: Game Day Thread

Count me in ! I like this kid . When Andre comes back , our receivers may not be such a weakness . Maybe even reminiscent of the old Oilers trios IMO . :fans:

If we could protect and our WR's were fit, we could throw a pretty mean 4/5 WR set out there. AJ, Walter, Davis, JJ, Mathis... a lot of speed and talent in that bunch.

Pretty big IF's on that one though.

If we could protect and our WR's were fit, we could throw a pretty mean 4/5 WR set out there. AJ, Walter, Davis, JJ, Mathis... a lot of speed and talent in that bunch.

Pretty big IF's on that one though.

My guess is that Mathis will continue to get injured. I just have to go with the odds. I hope we resign him for minimum pay though because he is always a threat as a returner.

We should keep Davis for sure. There should be no talk about trading him for this or that. We needed receivers before the season this year. We found one in Davis, why trade him? Keep him.

My guess is that Mathis will continue to get injured. I just have to go with the odds. I hope we resign him for minimum pay though because he is always a threat as a returner.

We should keep Davis for sure. There should be no talk about trading him for this or that. We needed receivers before the season this year. We found one in Davis, why trade him? Keep him.

I believe he's a free agent after the season so he has no trade value at all. None. Trade deadline has passed. After what he's done, he's going to command a decent amount via free agency that probably won't pan out if one were to compare his current performance against his past performances. This is what one calls 'a contract year' for Andre Davis. He better perform to get paid. He's been great and I hope he gets the payday but I won't think he deserves it just yet.

Guy still can't run after the catch. Yeah, he has made some great great catches but I don't think I've yet to see him run after the catch. I wouldn't have a problem resigning Davis either. I just would hope that it'd be for less... Given our history... that just won't happen. Therefore we must let him go via FA.

If I'm wrong about his contract being up at the end of the season... well forget this post then...

:wild:

Guy still can't run after the catch. Yeah, he has made some great great catches but I don't think I've yet to see him run after the catch. I wouldn't have a problem resigning Davis either. I just would hope that it'd be for less... Given our history... that just won't happen. Therefore we must let him go via FA.

Don't fault the guy because most of his receptions are diving catches at or near the end zone. There's no where to go and no way to stay on the feet.

Don't fault the guy because most of his receptions are diving catches at or near the end zone. There's no where to go and no way to stay on the feet.

I'm not faulting the guy. I'm stating something that I see. He does not run after the catch and as spectacular as his TD catches have been... this is in reference to his OTHER catches that did not result in a TD. The guy... doesn't run after the catch. I love Andre Davis and what he has done this season. I'm just skeptical at throwing a lot of money at him.

His those TD passes have really inflated his price. Justifiably? I don't know. Need more to prove that he can stay uninjured.

Back