Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS -vs- JETS Gameday thread

euro-Texan

Rookie
OMG it's football time again. Well, it's Sunday in my time zone at least. The long wait is almost over. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep.:specnatz:

... i hear ya euro ... what part of ga is glynco by? i'm just west of Atlanta ...

... can't wait ... 12 & 1/2 more hours :kingkong: ...

l_j_r

IT A FOOTBALL SUNDAY here in NY too!!

cant wait...i actually get to watch the game at home this week as the Bills have a Mon game

:fans:

Glynco is short for Glynn County. A former Navy base and now DHS's federal law enforcemement training center down near Jacksonville, FL.

FINALLY bought my Battle Red Mario jersey today. Wore it tonight to a party and wearing tomorrow to watch the game.

Jets are gonna get crushed tomorrow. Damn I'm glad it's football season!

I have to stay up at least two more hours to put my brisket on the smoker for the night. The Direct TV is supposed to be here between 8 and 12 in the morning, but if he isn't here by 10, i'm throwing the brisket in the fridge an preping to watch the game at a bar with wings instead.

Even at my age, I could drink two six packs and still start at safety on this team.

Well... one of those statements holds true :)

While drinking way too many Guinness last night it came to me, we're going to win this on 24-17. Not bad huh? :)

this is for Joe Texan: Van is loaded and we are rolling out of Austin... It's 5:45 am. Get off your couch and get to the game!

This game makes me kinda nervous. We have a talent to make rookie QB's look like Joe Montana. Still I hope for a win. Go Texans!!

FINALLY bought my Battle Red Mario jersey today. Wore it tonight to a party and wearing tomorrow to watch the game.

Jets are gonna get crushed tomorrow. Damn I'm glad it's football season!

Nice buy, but tomorrow is "whiteout" game day.

Edit: Thought you were wearing to the game...my bad.

Last edited:
I'm nervous...I just don't know what to think of this game. There is no reason to put so much pressure on this one game, but I think this team really, really needs to win this game. Home opener after a brutal pre-season. I'd love this team to make a statement game today...a confidence game to build on.

Go Texans...Go Texans...Go Texans...

We need to start off fast if we wanna make the playoffs. This game could have huge implications down the road because the Jets are expected to be competing for a wild card just like us. This is as big as a division game imo, gotta start the season off strong!!!

09season.jpg

It's time!!!

I haven't been this excited for a football game since 19-10.

This game makes me kinda nervous. We have a talent to make rookie QB's look like Joe Montana. Still I hope for a win. Go Texans!!

I have been saying this to my wife since they named Sanchez the starter! I stoked about the start of the season...but man, we have a nack for making these guys look great. I'm really nervous about getting excited.

:fans:

I've already mentally prepared myself for the typical scenario against a rookie QB on the first offensive play:
1. Defense set up against the run
2. On a play-action fake or regular pass play we get burnt for 45-50 yards or TD.
Other than that, I'm stoked for the game and think we will win! :texflag:

I have a feeling we're gonna utilize Anthony Hill's blocking skills in this game to get our run game going and to keep Schaub off the ground.

Kubes said when we drafted him that you need a good blocking TE for all the 3-4 defenses that are coming out. We're playing a 3-4 and he's a good blocking TE so...

Inactives - Texans:
7 QB Dan Orlovsky (3QB)
26 FS Eugene Wilson
35 CB Jacques Reeves
62 C Antoine Caldwell
63 C Chris White
66 DT DelJuan Robinson
83 WR Kevin Walter
87 TE Anthony Hill

Well I was wrong in my prediction!!! Suprised we're sitting both backup centers, do they really think Studdard is that good? I didn't know that Robinson's calf was that big of an issue.

Sucks that Walter is sitting :( I'm confident the other Andre will step up however.

Ya know, I love my son w/all my being but come 50 mins from now that PS3 will be turned off.

Inactives - Texans:
7 QB Dan Orlovsky (3QB)
26 FS Eugene Wilson
35 CB Jacques Reeves
62 C Antoine Caldwell
63 C Chris White
66 DT DelJuan Robinson
83 WR Kevin Walter
87 TE Anthony Hill

Well I was wrong in my prediction!!! Suprised we're sitting both backup centers, do they really think Studdard is that good? I didn't know that Robinson's calf was that big of an issue.

Sucks that Walter is sitting :( I'm confident the other Andre will step up however.

sitting both backup centers is worrysome. Who plays center if Studdard goes down?

Inactives - Texans:
7 QB Dan Orlovsky (3QB)
26 FS Eugene Wilson
35 CB Jacques Reeves
62 C Antoine Caldwell
63 C Chris White
66 DT DelJuan Robinson
83 WR Kevin Walter
87 TE Anthony Hill

Someone refresh my memory why is 66 DT DelJuan Robinson inactive?:thinking:

so excited & nervous! this next hr is always my favourite every season. hopefully that changes this year when we have a big game at the end of the year with another playoff hopeful

Anyone know where I can find a online stream for the game?

should be able to on justin but quality & reliability is questionable to say the least. finally got sick of that & splashed out for gamepass this year. sitting here watching it in glorious HD on the comp- no sound on my computer though! although that mightnt be a bad thing:shades:

Back