Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS JAGUARS II INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

HOUSTON

No real glaring changes to most on the Injury Report

KJax actually re-injured his knee last game in the 1st half.........it was undoubtedly an MCL, as he was on the sideline on the stationary bike

Despite Hopkins commendable performance, as the last game progressed, he showed signs of lamemess.

Covington suffered a mild MCL last game

JJo re-injured his neck when he fell on his shoulder last game.........essentially sustaining another neck stinger..........resolved his previous hip injury

McKinney sustained a new undisclosed knee injury

Carter sustained a new knee injury (studies have shown lower extremity injuries common following return from a concussion)

Cole has resolved his knee injury

Webb sustained an ankle sprain last week

JACKSONVILLE

WR DJ Chark Jr. (Quad).............sustained the tear week 11..............and practiced for the 1st time today

RB Leonard Fournette (Foot/Ankle).............sustained his ankle injury last game.............and the foot injury the week prior..................tore his hamstring in week 1...........missed week 2 and 3.........tried to return week 4 and re-tore his hamstring (missing the next 4 weeks (would have been 5 if not for the Bye)............except for the Buffalo game in week 12, he has been ineffective since return from his hamstring

CB A.J. Bouye (Toe)...........sustained a turf toe last game............sustained a calf tear in a week 8 practice and missed 2 weeks (would have been 3 it not for the Bye)...........has been noticeably ineffective in the 2nd half of the season following his calf tear

K Josh Lambo (Groin)..............sustained what appears to be a "sports hernia" during practice in week 15..........has not played since...............dealt with a hip injury in Sept (remember the study that showed that 86% of sport hernias are caused by a hip joint problem)

OL Josh Wells (Concussion)............sustained last game

QB Cody Kessler (Right Shoulder)............sustained a soft tissue contussion in his throwing shoulder last game

Last edited:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
What's up with Ejiofor Doc? I know he had a shoulder, but don't see him on your injury report, and haven't seen him on the field either. Anything we're missing?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What's up with Ejiofor Doc? I know he had a shoulder, but don't see him on your injury report, and haven't seen him on the field either. Anything we're missing?
Ejiofor hasn't had any shoulder issues since week 12 and has been active every game. It's been very curious to me that we are only carrying 3 OLB.............Clowney, Mercilus and Ejiofor. And for some reason, Crennel chose not to utilize even Mercilus much. Mercilus has more experience than Ejiofor, and Crennel is apparently choosing him in preference down the home stretch to fill the OLB opposite Clowney since he wants Clowney and Watt in there most of the time now. Efiofor has been active every game except the 3 games (weeks 11, 12 and 13 [in addition to the week 10 Bye]) he was out for the shoulder which he injured in week 9.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Run or rest Lamar Miller? I would want to believe we could squeak out a win without him and have him fresh for the postseason, but then why not just rest Hopkins also?
Why not rest Watson if you're going to rest Hopkins?

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Don’t players get playoff bonuses also? Like more $$$ if we clinch a home game, BYE, or homefield advantage for instance? Yeah my money's on us playing to win.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

**********NEITHER OF THESE TEAMS HAVE HAD A FULL CONTACT PRACTICE THIS WEEK [LIMITED AND FULL PARTICIPATION MEAN VERY LITTLE]

HOUSTON

Those on the LP list are probably more honestly closer to the regular DNP list.

Tyson is likely to be cleared for this Sunday.

JACKSONVILLE

No glaring changes to the injury listings, except for the addition of S Tashaun Gipson.........who since Nov has been dealing with hamstring and ankle issues......and now a turf toe............Jan 2018, he suffered a significant foot injury.

Fournette, despite listed as DNP, is likely to be out there Sunday........unless his foot falls off.

The others on the DNP are unlikely to serve as anything but cheerleaders next game.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I would do so with both..........and with Coutee. If we can't make it temporarily without them against the Jaguars, we aren't going to make it without them anywhere in the playoffs.
Good discussion on this Texans topic on Moving the Chains today. They were of the mindset that the Texans should destroy the Jags early and rest everyone once the game was out of reach. They obviously haven't watched the Texans this season.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Y'all do realize a bye is still possible?
Possible and likely are two very different animals in this discussion. It's possible to get Ebola in Africa. It's likely to get the flu in winter. I feel like Radar on M*A*S*H. Someone bring me a grape NeHi

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Possible and likely are two very different animals in this discussion. It's possible to get Ebola in Africa. It's likely to get the flu in winter. I feel like Radar on M*A*S*H. Someone bring me a grape NeHi
Well I'm 51, never had a flu vaccine or the flu. Maybe get lucky and get a bye. Just hope the Texans do their part.

You know not only is a bye still available but the #1 seed. Not me, but people buy lottery tickets with longer odds.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Well I'm 51, never had a flu vaccine or the flu. Maybe get lucky and get a bye. Just hope the Texans do their part.

You know not only is a bye still available but the #1 seed. Not me, but people buy lottery tickets with longer odds.
I'll kiss your ass while your dog licks my face ( fulfilling a past bet) if that happens and give you an hour to draw a crowd.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
You are either insanely brave or have strange fetishes good sir.

Not that I think there is a chance in the pit of Hades it happens... but... still.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker

I didn't take the shot and didn't have the flu for 15 years, then listened to the wife and took the shot one year and caught the flu 3 weeks later. Never again.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I'll kiss your ass while your dog licks my face ( fulfilling a past bet) if that happens and give you an hour to draw a crowd.
looking at the #1 seed we need to win (70%), oakland (10%), denver (36%), and jets (18%). About a .4% chance this happens, but give me that hour to arrive

We can get the #2 with a win and wither Pats loss or seems if Chargers and Chiefs lose, about a 15% chance

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I don't think we can get by without DW4 & Hopkins in at WR though. They have to play for us to make sure we win.
Not confidant that Blue Weed O & RAC defense can win it?

The Weedman be lighting it up with 60 yd bombs to VY (S)... :kitten: :chef:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

HOUSTON

No surprises on this walk-through day.

Coutee being Questionable (and Hopkins not) should both be rested for the playoffs, but.................

Miller will evidently be playing...........still a decision I wouldn't be all that comfortable with.

JJo still having some numbness and weakness..........would best be rested for the playoffs

JACKSONVILLE

No surprises on the Out list.

Fournette is on the verge of his foot falling off.

CB D J Hayden sustained a groin injury in practice yesterday..........groin injuries don't get better in 72 hours.

RB Carlos Hyde sustained a knee injury in practice yesterday..........Hyde was added to the injury report on Friday, suggesting he will be up against it to be ready for Sunday............with Fournette already doubtful, expect to see a backfield consisting of T.J. Yeldon and David Williams..............last game, Hyde filled in nicely with 8 carries for 47 yds............the end of 2016, he sustained a severe MCL the led him to IR.

CB Jaelen Ramsey sustained a turf toe in yesterday's practice.............although not listed as Questionable, a fresh turf toe is bound to affect performance to varying extent, even when the shoe is supplied with a non yielding metal inert to prevent the injured toe from dorsiflexion (which in itself negatively affects performance, especially for a CB)........................has been dealing with a right knee injury most of the season...........and he has already had a contact right knee meniscus tear and surgery to trim the meniscus in 2015 and the end of 2016.

Last edited:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
O'Brien saying Miller is "good to go."
Yeah. Miller managed to be a full participant in the walk through practice. It's kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't playing Miller this week. If you don't play him, it'll be tough sledding against the Jags and if you do play him, it'll likely be tough sledding against the Dolts or the tAcks on WC weekend. I'm not even entertaining thoughts of the Texans getting a bye at this point.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Yeah. Miller managed to be a full participant in the walk through practice. It's kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't playing Miller this week. If you don't play him, it'll be tough sledding against the Jags and if you do play him, it'll likely be tough sledding against the Dolts or the tAcks on WC weekend. I'm not even entertaining thoughts of the Texans getting a bye at this point.
Sometimes it seems like a bye works against you. You get out of practice or complacent.