Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Jags Oct. 30 first tailgate

WarriorTexan

Practice Squad
My wife and I will be attending our first Texans/NFL game. Have been fans since the inaugural season and are really excited to get the whole game experience. We made sure to buy a Blue Lot parking ticket so that we could check out the tailgating. Thing is, we have no idea how it works and while I have been on this site since year 2 of the organization, I haven't actually interacted and posted only a few times before under a different name.

Is there anyone that can give me information on where we can go and if we need to bring anything. We will be having my in-laws with us as we are treating them to their first NFL game experience also. Any help would be appreciated.

My wife and I will be attending our first Texans/NFL game. Have been fans since the inaugural season and are really excited to get the whole game experience. We made sure to buy a Blue Lot parking ticket so that we could check out the tailgating. Thing is, we have no idea how it works and while I have been on this site since year 2 of the organization, I haven't actually interacted and posted only a few times before under a different name.

Is there anyone that can give me information on where we can go and if we need to bring anything. We will be having my in-laws with us as we are treating them to their first NFL game experience also. Any help would be appreciated.

Folks are ALWAYS welcome at the Blue Crew Tailgate. We are located in the Platinum Lot adjacent to the Blue Lot (it was actually at one time part of the Blue Lot).

MaBlueCrewMap2.jpg

BlueCrewMap.jpg

Thanks Texan Bill! Is there anything that we need to bring? We are coming from Austin, but we can pick up something along the way.

Thanks Texan Bill! Is there anything that we need to bring? We are coming from Austin, but we can pick up something along the way.

Hot women?? I kid, I kid. We are family friendly.

The only thing I would suggest bringing is, what y'all want to drink for the day. There will be more than enough food to nible on!

Weimer sausage from Kaspers meat market is way better!
So lean and very tasty, mmmmmmmm,
I usually travel 71 to IH-10 when I go to games and I try to stop into Weimer to get some real home town smoked sausage without any fat or grease.

Never have had Weimer sausage. I'm going to have to check that out sometime. I will be actually end up leaving on Saturday late in the day so hopefully I will be able to get some sausage before they close. Not sure yet how late we will be leaving. Either way, I'll see you guys there.

Hey BigWig, I've actually met you once before at Shortstop. I believe it was last year or the year before when the Texans played against the Panthers and the Texans were playing well. It was pretty awesome since half of us where yelling Houston and the rest answered Texans towards the end of the game.

That was Third base I think and that was "the best" ever watch party in ATX for the Texans. Lots have tried to continue the tradition but it seems to get torn aprt by North v South or something. You will have an awesome time if you hook up with these folks, I used to be a PSL owner and would leave Austin at 5:30 to hook up with the Blue Crew and it is the best of times and will add to your first experience. Now bring home a win!

That's right, Third Base. That was fun. We are pretty excited about getting the entire game experience. Can't wait to meet the Blue Crew. What is the best time to head towards to the game for tailgating. I am staying at Hotel Derek off of Wes Loop South in Houston. Not sure how the traffic will be in that area and want to be able to enjoy some of the tailgating before heading in to watch the game. I don't want to miss kickoff or the running on to the field.

That's right, Third Base. That was fun. We are pretty excited about getting the entire game experience. Can't wait to meet the Blue Crew. What is the best time to head towards to the game for tailgating. I am staying at Hotel Derek off of Wes Loop South in Houston. Not sure how the traffic will be in that area and want to be able to enjoy some of the tailgating before heading in to watch the game. I don't want to miss kickoff or the running on to the field.

If you park at the Holiday Inn on the corner of 610 and Kirby, you can walk across the street. Foot traffic is allowed to start entering at 8:30 am.

Highly recommend taking in the whole experience by getting there early.

Since you have Blue Lot parking, your gates open at 8am. You can park anywhere in the Blue Lot between 8am & 9am. After that, you are subject to the Yellow shirts' and their power hunger - and they like to fill the far side of the Blue Lot first.

People start lining up to get in to the lots before 7am. Since you are coming over to the Blue Crew, the best time to show up is between 830 - 845am. This will allow you to park close to the Platinum Lot, and not face any of the traffic & madness from the other tailgaters that are rushing to claim their spots.

Thanks for all the info guys. Now I am just going to have to try to convince my wife and in-laws that it is a good idea to leave the hotel that early in the morning for the game. So far the response hasn't been good but I'm working on it.

Roof is supposed to be open - so if you're on the "sunny side" make sure you dress to be in direct sun. Otherwise, you should have the perfect tailgating weather for your first experience. Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone for your hospitality and all the info. Getting there early really made it a great experience and we enjoyed being able to walk around looking at all the tailgating. Thanks David for being a great host and answering all my questions. It was nice meeting members of the Blue Crew. We are hoping on hitting a game at least once a year. So we will hopefully see you all again next year.

Back