Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS DOLPHINS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
DqJv3kYUUAISKnZ.jpg

*****COMMENTARY AS/IF TIME PERMITS

Houston
VIP........Keep in mind that, only 1 day following a game, this would not have been a contact practice......in fact, it was a walk-through.

Hal has the misfortune of suffering a shoulder injury his first game back

Coutee is limited with his hamstring..........if anyone has any sense, he will not see the field Thursday

Hopkins still having issues with foot

Scarlett now dealing with a groin injury.............he was placed on IR last Dec for a foot injury...........he was placed on IR in 2016 for a hamstring

Thomas in limited appearance now also has a groin injury

Watt is now listed not only with his repaired knee, but also his other knee........he appeared to me to be favoring his groin or knee 2 games ago (discussed that with an board member..........me taking the knee as the injury), but never appeared on the Injury Reports. It is certainly not very uncommon, but a bad sign that a plateau fracture knee demonstrates a significant problem..........by definition the fracture traverses the articular cartilage, damaging the cartilage permanently. Many times, the full damage (which may have likely included bone bruise) will not be appreciated for a year or more following the original fracture. In both cases, the associated issues become progressive and chronic. Any further new trauma will tend to extend the articular cartilage damage and very much hasten the appearance of arthritis.

MIAMI

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

TE A.J. Derby (foot).........sustained week 3.........has not played since.............waive injured Nov 2017 for a shoulder dislocation and waived/injured within the week........no way he plays Thursday

DE Charles Harris (calf)...........suffered the injury in practice ahead of Week 6..........no way he plays Thursday

WR Kenny Stills (groin)..........sustained last Sunday.............no way he plays Thursday

WR Albert Wilson (hip).........sustained last Sunday.......reported as a "significant hip injury"..........looking at a clip, appears he suffered a hip labrum tear...........no way he plays Thursday

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

WR Danny Amendola (shoulder)..........suffered last game........has injured almost every part of his body, except his only other shoulder injury was an A/C shoulder separation in Nov 2012........if this is another shoulder separation or dislocation/subluxation that was relocated, he is unlikely to play Thursday.....and if he does, is unlikely to be effective

TE Mike Gesicki (shoulder).........sustained last Sunday.........might as well be considered another receiver that will be out or lame Thursday

FULL PARTICIPATION

WR Jakeem Grant (Achilles)..........sustained last game..........may be compensatory, the previous week sustained a hamstring........will probably be slowed at WR and returner

Last edited:
Our new trainer doesn't seem to have made much of a difference in keeping our players healthy.

Either training is overrated or we were sold a bill of goods.

But they are supposedly eating better.

:coffee:

Our new trainer doesn't seem to have made much of a difference in keeping our players healthy.

Either training is overrated or we were sold a bill of goods.

But they are supposedly eating better.

A. Strength and conditioning takes more than 1 off season to really take hold and make a difference
B. this is football in the NFL you will always have a list of injuries every week
C. we are still better of now, than we were this time last year.(corners not withstanding)

I've had a little time to comment on the Dolphins injured group above........they are going to be hurting big time receiver wise.

Last edited:
Before you say that shouldn't we know how many injuries now compared to same time 2017?

Might have misspoke. Just going by perception. Should have prefaced the post with it only being opinion.

I wouldn't know where to begin to gather the information to prove it one way or another.

Would be interesting to know.

Like I said, it just seems worse than I remember from years past. Our speed guys can't stay on the field.

I will admit that I am happy with JJs recovery. I was really pessimistic about his returning to form.

edit:
But, there is a significant factor that is easily overlooked.............once a hamstring is torn, as I've many times posted, it is establish fact that subsequent tears are relatively common...........that means from season to season, we can expect to see not only first time hamstrings tears, but additionally retears of players that have suffered such injuries in the past and not uncommonly within the same seasons............setting up almost a logarithmic increasing pattern hamstring injury occurences.

The only effective counter exercise approach that I am aware of is eccentric hamstring exercises. However, these must be performed by the player like religion (players that are not committed to conditioning will never benefit). Even with this being followed faithfully, I do not believe that it can overcome the woefully inadequate NFL offseason, preseason and regular season practice rules that the players themselves negotiated. -
from cnnnd's post in the injury thread.

Last edited:
DqTW1xzU0AI2WBs.jpg

HOUSTON

Griffin must have a heck of an illness.

Coutee should be no surprise fresh out of re-injury of his hamstring.

Fulton this soon after his ankle injury logically cannot go................as I've found out that he is not dealing with a simple lateral ankle sprain, but actually a significant high ankle sprain.

Hal was activated very quickly after beginning practice. I previously posted that I was concerned about his preparedness to hit the field so soon after essentially being practice dormant for so long. His game appearance was short-lived.

Still only limited in practice, I remain very concerned that Hopkins is dealing with a Jones stress fracture.

Also, I will be watching Watt very carefully now that his repaired knee has again begun giving him problems, not to mention the addition of his other knee.

MIAMI

It looks like my concern that Wilson was dealing with a significant hip labrum problem instead of hip bruise was well-founded. He no longer appears on the Injury Report, as he has been placed on IR.

Derby has missed 4 games already with his foot injury. Not participating at all Tuesday and Wednesday, and today only limited again in a walkthrough, I would be shocked if he sees the field tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back