Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans VS Cowboys....Lets predict ;)

You guys must have forgotten that the last time the Texans beat us was Sunday Night Football. This could be a repeat.

I wonder if that could be the "When the stars align" thing? The Texans ONLY win on prime time ON Sunday Night Football.... IN Houston..... WHEN playing the Cowboys.

If all those conditions are met then the Texans natural propensity to screw everything up in front of the most people possible is negated. Interesting theory. Would be nice if that's how it worked for a change.

I wonder if that could be the "When the stars align" thing? The Texans ONLY win on prime time ON Sunday Night Football.... IN Houston..... WHEN playing the Cowboys.

If all those conditions are met then the Texans natural propensity to screw everything up in front of the most people possible is negated. Interesting theory. Would be nice if that's how it worked for a change.
Didn't the Texans get boat raced by the Pack on Sunday night a few years ago? I think Rodgers just threw another TD....over JJo.

at this point last week you had completely given up on the Texans, and were going to quit watching them. Why the sudden change?
Davenport was benched. Lamm highly impressed me.
And I'm a former OT myself. I played Right Tackle.
I'm always stressing how important a good O-Line is.
The playbook opened up more especially in the first half.

I was ready to rest Deshaun by mid season if Davenport kept playing...

Also Deshaun Watson's knee is feeling stronger he says.
So many encouraging things to take away, IMO.

Last edited:
Didn't the Texans get boat raced by the Pack on Sunday night a few years ago? I think Rodgers just threw another TD....over JJo.
That was in 2012 when we started off an NFL best 11-1 through 12 games. That was our only loss in those 12 games. But then we choked down the stretch and finished 1-3, stumbling our way into the playoffs with a 12-4 record.

The problem with that is we lost home field advantage and also a top two seed. We had to play in the wild-card game and then we were blown out by the Patriots at Foxborough in the divisional round.

Who knows what happens if we had home field throughout?
I think we could have won two home games in the playoffs.
We'd have possibly made it to the Super Bowl!

Looks like predicting a Texans loss is the "in thing" these days and one of the few predicting a win is a Cowboy fan. My how things have gone downhill. I am not sure what to expect from this team. I will be watching this game with my son-in-law who is a Cowboy fan. I am hoping the good-guys can turn this thing around. I think they have enough talent that it is possible. I remember the year the Oilers started 0-4 and went on to finish with a 12-4 record I believe. Unfortunately, I also believe that was the year of the heart-braking collapse against the Bills. I am hoping the Texans can turn it around this season (and avoid the disastrous finish of Moon and company)

Christ, I was at that game, third row on the 40 yard line. It was horrific. But the only consolation was Run DMC played the halftime show and threw me a towel. I tell the towel story to my kids about 20 times a year with my "You know how I got this pink towel?" story? It's the only good memory I have of that game.

Who else is with me? The Texans will beat the Cowboys by double digits on Sunday Night! I notice the spread on the Vegas line has gone down from -3.5 Texans to -3. Hmm. I think it should be Texans -6.5 to be honest. I have us winning quite comfortably but to each their own.

-3.5 or -3 Texans is easy money, PERIOD!
If they want to hand us a freebie like that I'll gladly take it.

It's not often you see such an easy money grab in gambling.

Christ, I was at that game, third row on the 40 yard line. It was horrific. But the only consolation was Run DMC played the halftime show and threw me a towel. I tell the towel story to my kids about 20 times a year with my "You know how I got this pink towel?" story? It's the only good memory I have of that game.
I was there as well. I remember just sitting there shaking my head. It was a beat down of epic proportions.

Back