Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans VS Cowboys....Lets predict ;)

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Ok I had to take a little time away as OB and Company have been driving me crazy.... On that note I will try to keep my composure for the rest of the season. Just so much talent being wasted away to be 1-3.

Texans 34
Cowboys 27

We have all seen our Defense can't stop anyone unless our Dline is sacking the QB. So we will have to continue to hang more than 30 on the board a game to have a chance.

Ok I had to take a little time away as OB and Company have been driving me crazy.... On that note I will try to keep my composure for the rest of the season. Just so much talent being wasted away to be 1-3.

Texans 34
Cowboys 27

We have all seen our Defense can't stop anyone unless our Dline is sacking the QB. So we will have to continue to hang more than 30 on the board a game to have a chance.

We could easily be 0-4. Cowboys 24-17

As much as I hate to say this:
17-20 -Cowsh1ts...

Watt gets himself 2.5 sacks, Clowney gets 2, and Mathieu gets an Int. Our defense will start wrecking early, and gas on the second half. O’Brien costs us the game with his play calling and clock management, or lack there of.

Texans - Too little to overcome the NFL's worst OL , horrible secondary and pathetic coaching.
CowPies - Just enough.

One step closer to OB being gone.

I predict a near relapse.. AGAIN.

The way O'Brien handles our timeout situation just infuriates the **** out of me..

Texans 34
Cowboys 27

Defense scored 14 of those (yes I know offense scored 7, but first and goal via your defense is a defensive score pretty much). We don't have a high powered offense. At all. We have a high incompetency OC though.

#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan says Houston is one of his favorite places in the country. "No one stood or worked any harder to have the Texans return to Houston."

— Mark Lane (@therealmarklane) October 2, 2018

#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on 1053thefan</a> w/<a href="https://twitter.com/1053SS?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">1053SS @Rjchoppy – "As a matter of fact, I had the rights to the name ’Texans’…Bob McNair wanted that name, so I stood down. He’s one of my favorite people in the NFL."

— Roy White III (@RDubThree) October 2, 2018

#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on 1053thefan</a> says he has respect for <a href="https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">deshaunwatson

— Mark Lane (@therealmarklane) October 2, 2018

Cowboys - 27
Texans - 20

...and we don't score the last 10 until late in the 2nd half. Cowboys Oline almost completely shuts down our rush and Prescott has season highs for yards, completions and completion %.

Now this is funny! I am THE ULTIMATE DIEHARD COWBOYS FAN, but I can easily see a Texans win. IMO, neither team, so far, is very good and being a home game for the Texans I call it 24-14, Texans.

There are a couple of elements at play. When Dallas has the ball, the Dallas overrated OL will face the Texans overrated DL. Also, there is the below average WR for the Cowboys with the below average pass coverage for the Texans.

There are mismatches when the have the ball. The Texans top two WRs are much better than the cowboys secondary, but the Cowboys pass rush is above average with the Texans below average OL. The Texans have been able to generate big plays from multiple spots while the Cowboys need Elliot to generate explosion.

Both coaches leave alot to be desired with in-game management and decisions.

If the game is high scoring it favors the Texans if under 28 points for the winner probably Cowboys.

Basically, I think the Texans need just put up too many points for the Cowboys to match to win.

Last edited:
IMO it's really anyone's ball game right now, both sides have their share of issues especially Dallas, who continues to show me that offense is a
a major mess that won't get fixed anytime soon

I say this game ends in a tie

A tie would be fitting since as I understand it neither fan base is happy. (Anything Cowboys is like bile to my eyes, so no I dont keep up with them)

Texans 38, Cowboys 20

Deshaun Watson will throw 5 TD passes!

Dak will throw a couple INTs and fumble once.
Elliot will get his (125 yards rushing, 2 TD runs).

I don't care what the odds are, I'd never put money on the Texans. :lol:

I usually don't either because of the double whammy of them losing and me losing. But I had some change on them last week. Don't know if I touch this game or not.

We're a "get right" game for almost every team. Cowboys struggling? Come on down to Houston and we'll get ya right. I see us losing yet another one score game, with our last score coming in garbage time to make it look more respectable than it was. 20-27 Cowboys. I hope to god I'm wrong though.

Bill Vinovich will be the referee for the game Sunday night and I predict an untimely Roughing the passer call against JJ that will change the momentum of the game in the Cowboys favor.

I predict Prescott will look like a HOF QB and chuck 3 TD's and Elliot gets a rushing TD.

I predict NBC will show Jerruh and his stoolies in his suite after every Cowboys score.

I predict Watson will look like a QB still trying to figure things out and chuck 2 TD's and 2 INT's (at the wrong time). The TE's in OB's offense remain on a milk carton. Fuller will be inactive due to hamstring issues. JJo continues to play 10 yds off the WR on 3rd and 5. Cowboys will be over 50% on 3rd down conversions, Texans will not. OB and Garrett both make stupid in game decisions, ie. TO's, challenges, etc.

Cowboys 31 / Texans 28 - K'amimuninomea Fairbairn shanks a 38 yd FG try to tie as the clock expires.

I predict there will be more than one fight in a parking lot after the game.

I predict we win this one by big margin

Cowboys are in a bigger trouble than we are.

Texans might suck and have no direction, but the boys are lost in the woods following a trail of bread crumbs that leads to a candy house with a fire roaring over a boiling pot.

Jerry Jones as the Witch.

Cowboys 34
Texans 26

Cowboys are much more capable of running the ball when they need to milk clock.

The only hiccup is.. where they are strong..so are we.

We can actually stop the run.

This is a clusterfuck type of game. Where our strengths and weaknesses on opposing sides of the ball line up. Games like this, will come down to QB play and timely turnovers. Hopefully Watson has a Seattle type of game and our crappy secondary can get lucky and make a play. Watson is due to mushroom stamp someone..why not the Cowboys?

Reactions: JB
31-24 Texans. Texans get behind early, but comes back end of second ties it. Then during 4th DW4 says OB stop talking lol DW4 Magic for win.

Last edited:
The only hiccup is.. where they are strong..so are we.

We can actually stop the run.

This is a clusterfuck type of game. Where our strengths and weaknesses on opposing sides of the ball line up. Games like this, will come down to QB play and timely turnovers. Hopefully Watson has a Seattle type of game and our crappy secondary can get lucky and make a play. Watson is due to mushroom stamp someone..why not the Cowboys?

What I've learned about my Texans is the bigger the game and the more the fans want it , the more likely they are to spit the bit . Because of this and the fact I've got Zeke on my fantasy team , I'll say dallas 31 to 17 .

Watson is due to mushroom stamp someone..why not the Cowboys?
Yep! This is the game he's going to do it. Deshaun was all smiles in practice yesterday and saying that his knee is feeling strong again. He's no longer thinking about it during the game. That's a very good thing.

If he has to take off and run he's going to do so without thinking. The first few games he didn't do that, hesitated and was either sacked or forced some passes down the field (a few INTs) even when he had some daylight to run in front of him. You can tell that he was thinking about his knee and playing timid.

Mobility and the threat to run is what made Deshaun Watson so special to me last year. He can make big plays out of plays that break down. That is what Patrick Mahomes is doing with the KC Chiefs this year.

On the other hand, our offensive line better keep showing improvements. Because we don't want to see Deshaun Watson getting pressured or hit at such an alarming pace. He's on pace to be sacked 60+ times this year. Can you imagine if we didn't have a mobile quarterback how much worse it would be? David Carr part two... Well actually, Carr as a rookie was athletic and mobile. Probably a bad example on my part. But what I mean is we'd be getting sacked 76 times or more! LOL

I was in Dallas the last game we went up there and turned the streets red! (not with blood dude with Texans jerseys) so many Houstonians made the trip and the game was exciting but losing in OT up there was hard to deal with. The walk from the stadium to the car was brutal. I also remember why the policy at NRG was changed to a 'must have ticket to tailgate' policy .. because of all the Cowboy fans that got beat up during that preseason game however many years ago it was. Crazy scene, fights everywhere, cowboy fan after cowboy fan getting beat up. I dont advocate that at all, but it helped me deal with the stuff that was being said after that loss in Dallas.

I expect Desahun will shine. He is built for the big game. A national audience to showcase why Houston picked him. 31-27 Houston .. Deshaun game winning drive.

I predict we win this one by big margin

Cowboys are in a bigger trouble than we are.

Texans might suck and have no direction, but the boys are lost in the woods following a trail of bread crumbs that leads to a candy house with a fire roaring over a boiling pot.

Jerry Jones as the Witch.

Really? Last time I looked they were 2-2 with Elliot starting to pick up steam and we were 1-3 with one risky decision going badly from a Colts coach away from being 0-4.

Dallas is going to wipe their ass with us this weekend. I still believe that. We don't play the Cowboys well (1-3 overall and 0-3 since that first improbably win in 2002), we don't play well in prime-time and that's well documented.

This is not going to be pretty.

The records hardly matter this early in the regular season. The Dallas Cowboys are awful despite what their 2-2 record may suggest! They've been out-scored by 19 points in their two losses and barely defeated the Lions by two points despite Dak and Zeke having monster games. It was Dak's best game as a quarterback in over a season and a half.

We're 1-3 and suck right? It's been all doom and gloom according to some posters. But at least we've been competing hard in every game. All three losses were only by one score and a combined 15 points!

And all that was despite our offensive line playing so poorly and Deshaun Watson trying to get his feet wet as he plays his way back from a serious knee injury. His knee is just now feeling strong again.

Benching Davenport may have saved Bill O'Brien's job. I now believe we'll beat the Cowboys and Bills the next two games and reach 3-3. That will have us back in the wild-card hunt if not the AFC South division.

It's still early enough in the season to believe...
People act like we're getting blown out in every game.
Heck, we haven't even been blown out one time this year.

I watch both the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans closely.
I used to be a hardcore Cowboys fan from 1997 to 2001.
And I can honestly say the Texans are a better team.
But go ahead and doubt me. We'll see on Sunday Night won't we?

Really? Last time I looked they were 2-2 with Elliot starting to pick up steam and we were 1-3 with one risky decision going badly from a Colts coach away from being 0-4.

Dallas is going to wipe their ass with us this weekend. I still believe that. We don't play the Cowboys well (1-3 overall and 0-3 since that first improbably win in 2002), we don't play well in prime-time and that's well documented.

This is not going to be pretty.

Agreed

...But go ahead and doubt me. We'll see on Sunday Night won't we?

We always do ("see on Sunday Night")

Keep in mind too that those "one score losses" also looked a lot worse than the games themselves might suggest. Catching up to within a single score in what is mostly garbage time is our specialty under O'Brain. The Houston "Residents" are who they are and will be carrying a franchise-long tradition of crapping the bed against Dallas and crapping the bed before a national audience into this one. They also know the fans want a win over Dallas more than damn near anything and they have a 16 year tradition of taking those kinds of games away too.

If we pull up to .500 this year at any time I'll chow down on a pile of Crow. Until then it's just more of O'Brain coaching to keep his head above water and piling up excuses week after week, year after year for why this or that particular season fell short of expectations. Hell if he manages to get to .500 on the year he'll probably get another extension.

2dkzxf.jpg

The records hardly matter this early in the regular season. The Dallas Cowboys are awful despite what their 2-2 record may suggest! They've been out-scored by 19 points in their two losses and barely defeated the Lions by two points despite Dak and Zeke having monster games. It was Dak's best game as a quarterback in over a season and a half.

We're 1-3 and suck right? It's been all doom and gloom according to some posters. But at least we've been competing hard in every game. All three losses were only by one score and a combined 15 points!

And all that was despite our offensive line playing so poorly and Deshaun Watson trying to get his feet wet as he plays his way back from a serious knee injury. His knee is just now feeling strong again.

Benching Davenport may have saved Bill O'Brien's job. I now believe we'll beat the Cowboys and Bills the next two games and reach 3-3. That will have us back in the wild-card hunt if not the AFC South division.

It's still early enough in the season to believe...
People act like we're getting blown out in every game.
Heck, we haven't even been blown out one time this year.

I watch both the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans closely.
I used to be a hardcore Cowboys fan from 1997 to 2001.
And I can honestly say the Texans are a better team.
But go ahead and doubt me. We'll see on Sunday Night won't we?

at this point last week you had completely given up on the Texans, and were going to quit watching them. Why the sudden change?

Reactions: JB
LOL, a little smack, huh. TBH I'm thinking more about how long it will take me to get home on a Sunday night with Monday being a work day.

Thats why I took off work Monday, also because its my friend Birthday, he rented an Airbnb in town so we are just going to party down there before/after the game. Hopefully it will be celebratory drinking after the game

Back