Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS COLTS II INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
DtrpAvGUUAAvLAE.jpg

****WILL COMPLETE THE COMMENTARIES IF/WHEN TIME PERMITS

HOUSTON

Fulton from what I could tell suffered either a hand fracture or finger dislocation............with either, I would not expect him to play this Sunday (even with a splint or club)

Coutee will be high risk for re-injury of hamstring, if they bring him back this soon after a 3rd hamstring tear

Daniel has developed hip problem, most likely due to an adductor tear..............could be a significant problem both for power and accuracy

Hopkins continues to have a foot issue...........if he is able to play through it, I believe that at the end of the season, we will likely see him address a Jones stress fracture in surgery

KJac has developed a groin problem.........earlier this season, he was dealing with a thigh injury

JJo is no doubt dealing with residual nerve impingement symptoms (numbness/weakness) from his neck/shoulder injury

Reid has developed battering ram injuries of his shoulder and wrist from his body-scacrificing tackles

Scarlett was first labelled a leg injury, now appears that his ankle has been identified

Watson paid for his sacks and one of his runs where he decided to go full shoulder like a RB.............his throwing shoulder has been injured...........his turf toe is not listed

Watt continues to have a knee ission

Foreman is listed as a FP..............makes me wonder if this is one of the weeks that the Texans choose not to have a contact practice..............the Texans will not be doing anyone favors if they choose to activate him Sunday

Lamm is in the Concussion Protocol.............with a FP this soon, it seals it for me that this was a non-contact practice...............it takes a player essentially 5 days to progress to a full contact practice

Note that Davenport is not on the Injury Report for a calf, which although may have been mild, will be high risk for decreased motility and/or re-injury..........will watch him carefully

INDIANAPOLIS

TE Mo Alie-Cox (calf).............sustained tear in week 12 practice.........has not practiced since

TE Eric Ebron (back/illness)............has been dealing with his back for 2 weeks............nothing like adding an illness to strengthen the core......since the beginning of this season , he has been on the Injury Reports for shoulder, shin, quad, knee, and ankle...........there is no wonder that these injuries have messed up his core............he's one tough player, with all of these injuries, he has yet to miss a game

S Clayton Geathers (knee).......has been dealing with a knee issue most of the season..........missed 2 games in Oct for a significant neck and concussion injury..........Dec 2016, sustained a neck injury which required offseason cervical bulging disc surgery...........began 2017 season on PUP...........then activated in Nov, but the neck bothered him the rest of the season............2017 offseason, he underwent surgery on his knee for an undisclosed injury............wasn't activated from the active PUP list until the beginning of Aug

WR T.Y. Hilton (groin).............sustained last game..........before that was dealing with a groin injury.....and before that, he was dealing with chest and hamstring issues this year...........the hamstring tear occurred in week 4, and he missed week 5 and 6

S Malik Hooker (hip)..........suffered a hip labrum injury week 10 and missed 1 game.............week 7 suffered an MCL tear and only missed 1 game because of the Bye

C Ryan Kelly (knee)..........sustained a left grade II MCL during a week 11 practice..........has not played since

LB Darius Leonard (shoulder/knee)...............week 12 sustained an undisclosed knee injury, which was compensatory due to a high ankle sprain Oct 1 for which he only missed 1 game............but this injury has affected him since...........he also sustained a quad injury this offseason that kept him out of all except TC......also helped set him up for his subsequent lower extremity injuries

S Mike Mitchell (calf)...........sustained the original calf tear week 8..........week 9 was the Bye, then he missed week 10.............came back last week to re-tear his hamstring

Last edited:
The one that most scares me is Hopkins. Those Jones foot fractures take no prisoners.

Doc is the best. His reporters are really good.

We are really blessed to have an expert like CnD who takes time to try to explain things like how injuries effect performance, types of injuries and the odds of guys making it back, how long an injured guy should miss vs when the Texans bring the guy back and what will be the result of bringing a guy back too early. (Looking at you Coutee/Texans medical staff) etc...

I thought I knew what I was looking at after playing/watching football for the last 50 yrs, but CnD has me watching football in a different light when it comes to injuries vs performance and for that I will be ever grateful.

Thanks for all of the work you put in Doc to help make TT the best football MB on the internet.

Dtwwc9JU0AAT3bo.jpg:large

HOUSTON

Don't expect Fulton to play Sunday.

Again, seeing Lamm at FP, implies strongly that this was another non-contact practice, making the LP list a little more concerning.

Aaron Wilson re. Watt:

A week ago, Texans star defensive end J.J. Watt was limited enough in practice that he was listed as questionable on the injury report.

Watt still started against the Cleveland Browns and didn't have any setbacks.

Although Watt was limited in practice Wednesday, the three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year is feeling much better.

"It's doing well," Watt said. "Last week it just needed a little bit of rest but it's doing well. It's having a good day [Wednesday]."

That is a good indication that the cartilage/meniscus damage secondary to his tibial plateau fracture is giving him problems.

Reid and Watson have been upgraded to FP. We won't actually know anything about Watson's throwing shoulder affect on passing until he is thrown into real action Sunday. I suspect his aerial reps will be relatively low, especially if we see a decent running game. Watson would do well to avoid running with abandonment ..........like RB instead of a QB, like he did last week. (I also wish that he would stop waving the loaf of bread when he is running around.......which he usually does in his right hand............now with an injured right shoulder).

Lamm must be having an incredible non-contact "FP" as he remains in the Concussion Protocol.

Foreman at "FP" again today...........should not be allowed in a game before testing himself in more than one contact FP.

INDIANAPOLIS

The Colts have players strung all over that DNP today. Whether they are being strictly rested (which I don't believe) which could negatively affect their preparation for Sunday.........or whether they are unable to play, which does not make for them performing well if they are pushed to play.........I don't believe either scenario is a great one for the Colts.

Their TE situation is very questionable going into this game. They've already lost Jack Doyle to IR for a lacerated kidney. Now, I can't see their best blocking TE Ali-Cox, who has played a good part in keeping Luck upright playing Sunday after tearing his calf muscle week 8........and still not being able to practice. Swoope today was downgraded from FP to LP, although he probably will have to play just due to number.....I don't expect stellar performance. That leaves everyone counting on Ebron, who with his combination illness/back is not a sure shot to play, but even if he does is likely to be limited.

Mitchell is not going to be playing after his fresh re-tear of his calf muscle last game.

You can pretty well count Kelly out (another negative for keeping Luck upright) with his relatively recent Grade II MCL.

Last edited:
Unlike what is being characterized by the team ("trending upwards"), Coutee is not progressing to the point that return is even a legitimate consideration this Sunday. After a 3rd hamstring tear, if they are smart, they will wait for him to return for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Unlike what is being characterized by the team ("trending upwards"), Coutee is not progressing to the point that return is even a legitimate consideration this Sunday. After a 3rd hamstring tear, if they are smart, they will wait for him to return for the playoffs.

When was the last time the Texans medical staff was 'smart'?

Dt2HLrEUUAAUuE3.jpg

HOUSTON

I look at our player status and feel that the team is not characterizing them honestly............I would expect more Questionables and Outs. If some of these players play, they will either be high risk for injury or perform significantly compromised. Manipulation of the Injury Report and Status becomes much easier when there is a non-contact week.

I hope we don't see Foreman active........just to try to "prove" a point. He's nowhere close to game play preparation. And with only 6 healthy OL going into this game, the 46 slots are at a premium.

Daniel's hip injury in his kicking leg still must remain a concern.

As far as Coutee, if we see him this Sunday..............
2c4033b7e78e7ae772323eedb6649fa3.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS

No real surprises here. Most of the players on the the Wed and Thurs DNP list are likely not to be on the field Sunday, whether already Out, or Questionable.

Castonzo is new to this week's Injury Report with a knee injury popping up after yesterday's practice............he suffered a severe hamstring tear in July and essentially missed all TC......tried to come back and re-tore his hamstring and missed the first 5 regular season games.........over the years, he has had several MCL tears, the last one being in Nov last year, an injury that dogged him the remainder of the season though he missed no games.........he will likely play but may show some lackluster performance........this new knee injury sets him up for a hamstring recurrence.

With Inman out, rookie WR Reece Fountain has been called up from the PS and will make his NFL debut..........Fountain battled knee injuries throughout training camp and was released during final cuts in late August, then later signed to the PS.

Another new addition to the Injury Report today with knee is LB Anthony Walker who has had his share of problems this year..........in June, he suffered a significant concussion..........then in July, he suffered a groin tear (remember the study I have previously posted re. post concussion players are high risk for subsequent lower extremity injuries) and missed all of TC........then in Oct, he sustained another concussion but missed no games

***AGAIN WHEN REVIEWING FRIDAY'S INJURY REPORT, KEEP IN MIND THAT IT IS A WALK-THROUGH PRACTICE

Last edited:
Back