Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS BILLS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
DpLCeYUU4AAjUBs.jpg:large

*****COMMENTARY AS TIME PERMITS

TEXANS

CLOWNEY
...........SICK, SICK.......OR SICK OF BEING INJURED?

GRIFFIN..........TURF TOE IS NEW

HOPKINS..........DOWN FROM 3 LISTED INJURIES

JJO............COMING OFF OF GROIN INJURY, NOW HIP.............GOES ALONG WITH HIS PREVIOUS PATHOLOGY OF BILATERAL "SPORTS HERNIAS" (86% ASSOCIATED WITH HIP PATHOLOGY)

SHAREECE WRIGHT.........HAS ADDED A HAND INJURY TO HIS SHOULDER INJURY

KJAK..........NOW A FINGER INSTEAD OF A THUMB (UNLESS THE NEW INJURY REPORT POSTER DOESN'T KNOW THE MEDICAL ANATOMIC DIFFERENCE)

BRENNAN SCARLETT........GROIN INJURY HOPEFULLY IS NOT DUE TO RESIDUAL STABILITY PROBLEMS WITH THE FOOT THAT LANDED HIM ON IR THE END OF LAST SEASON

WATSON.........HAS FINALLY APPEARED ON THE INJURY REPORT FOR RIBS..........WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN REPORTED AFTER THE BEATING HE TOOK IN THE GIANTS GAME............I FIND IT STRANGE THAT HE WAS CHECKED IN THE MEDICAL TENT JUST WHEN REGULATION TIME WAS OVER...........YET HE WAS CHECKED SEVERAL TIMES ON THE BENCH BEFORE THAT WHEN HE WOULD COME OFF THE FIELD.............FOR THOSE WHO TAPED THE GAME, CHECK THE 3RD Q AT 11 MIN 32 SEC LEFT (IF ANYONE WANTS TO POST IT) AND YOU WILL SEE ONE OF THE INTERNISTS LISTENING TO HIS CHEST AS BEST HE COULD WITH A STETHOSCOPE...........IN THE ARMPIT AREA, AN AREA NOT ENTIRELY COVERED BY GEAR, HE WOULD HAVE BE LISTENING FOR A COLLAPSED LUNG.........THE TRUTH IS THAT THE ONLY VALID CHEST EXAM THAT CAN BE PERFORMED IS WITH ALL OF THE GEAR REMOVED, I.E., LISTENING LOWER DOWN FOR HEMATOMA (BLOOD ACCUMULATION) OR LISTENING FOR TOTALLY NORMAL BREATH SOUND THROUGHOUT ALL LUNG FIELDS....................IF THE MEDICAL STAFF FELT THAT THERE WAS ENOUGH CONCERN TO DO THE ENTIRELY INADEQUATE EXAMS THEY DID PERFORM, THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH CONCERN TO HAVE HIM FORMALLY EVALUATED ON THE TRAINER'S TABLE, IF NOT WITH CHEST X-RAY AND MRI.........THIS WAS NOT A THROWAWAY PLAYER, THIS WAS OUR FRANCHISE QB...........(I'M SORRY FOR THE RANT)

BILLS

S RAPHAEL BUSH (SHOULDER)
........SUSTAINED WEEK 3 AND MISSED HIS CHANCE TO START AT SAFETY.......MISSED LAST GAME ..........WEEK 1 OF 2015 SEASON, HE TORE HIS PEC AND WAS DONE FOR THE SEASON (ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT THE PEC WHEN A PLAYER IS LISTED AS A "SHOULDER")..........NOV 2014 PLACED ON IR FOR FRACTURED TIBIA

S MICAH HYDE (GROIN)
.............SUSTAINED INJURY SEPT 30.............HAS NOT PRACTICED UNTIL TODAY.........HAS HAD A LINE OF INJURIES SINCE 2014, INCLUDING KNEES, HIP AND SHOULDER

TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE [GUESS HIS PARENTS THOUGHT HIS LAST NAME WAS TOO PLAIN] (ANKLE)............SUSTAINED LAST GAME............JAN 2017 SUFFERED AN ANKLE INJURY AND COULDN'T PLAY IN THE SENIOR BOWL.........DEC 2017 SUFFERED A CONCUSSION...........THE YOUNG MAN WILL BE PLAYING UNDER THE CLOUD THAT HIS MOTHER THIS PAST SEPT 29 WAS ARRESTED FOR AGGRAVATED BATTERY AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AFTER SHE STABBED SOMEONE AND WAS RELEASED ON HEAVY BAIL THE NEXT DAY [THE MAN HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED, BUT SINCE IT IS A "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE" CHARGE, IT IS THOUGHT THAT IT IS WHITE'S FATHER]

Last edited:
"Some things"??.....on a walk-through??

do you really think they are going to show their hand no matter if it is a minor or major injury?

Do you think there is not a bit of gamesmanship going on with the videos that have come out of practice so far? First one Deshuan walking through, second one him just standing around. All seems to be a little played up to me

do you really think they are going to show their hand no matter if it is a minor or major injury?

Do you think there is not a bit of gamesmanship going on with the videos that have come out of practice so far? First one Deshuan walking through, second one him just standing around. All seems to be a little played up to me
He's gonna fool the Bills. Put that film out of Watson practicing and then, BOOM, Weeden!! The Bills will never see it coming! Great plan......

He's gonna fool the Bills. Put that film out of Watson practicing and then, BOOM, Weeden!! The Bills will never see it coming! Great plan......

No, but any time you can make the other team have to prep for another QB even if they only spend 30 minutes planning for him you do it. They release video of Watson looking hobbled earlier in the week to have the Bills plan some for Weeden, that is less time preparing for Watson, and vice versa.

No, but any time you can make the other team have to prep for another QB even if they only spend 30 minutes planning for him you do it. They release video of Watson looking hobbled earlier in the week to have the Bills plan some for Weeden, that is less time preparing for Watson, and vice versa.
I'm sorry @Shishkabob , I keep forgetting to put the "sarcasm" emoji out there. O'Brien never ceases to amaze me anymore.

I stated in another thread that I hoped that O'Brien was doing all of this to have the Bills prepare for 2 QBs. But from what I saw last game on the field and on the sideline, I would not feel comfortable putting Watson out there without proving that he can go full participation at any of his opportunities. After all, as well as he has performed thus far, he is not a true vet that does not need the full reps going into a game.

I stated in another thread that I hoped that O'Brien was doing all of this to have the Bills prepare for 2 QBs. But from what I saw last game on the field and on the sideline, I would not feel comfortable putting Watson out there without proving that he can go full participation at any of his opportunities. After all, as well as he has performed thus far, he is not a true vet that does not need the full reps going into a game.

Videos that were posted today show him moving around a lot better. Idk I'd still take a Deshuan with limited reps, over a Weeden with limited reps. I assume with Deshaun being "limited" he is still taking reps from Weeden that Weeden would normally take if Deshaun was "out"

Deshaun Watson is questionable for the game Sunday against the Bills. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) October 12, 2018

OB would never rule out Watson especially not to give the Bills an advantage on who to prepare for. With that said, I am cautiously optimistic that Watson plays on Sunday.

— patrick (@PatDStat) October 12, 2018

I'm not sure how much one can garner from that clip. QB chest injuries tend to affect accuracy, velocity and distance. But if he does play, which looks like he probably will, the most important factor will be what happens if/when he takes repeated hits. My concern is that potential short-sightedness potentially impacts his availability/performance for the more important Jags game that follows the next week.

Patrick Starr who has not the been a real O'Brien fan throughout was on 790 a while ago in a pretty long segment. He plainly said that it was player execution, including Watson's, that was responsible for especially RedZone failures. He said it was not the play calling by Bill O'Brien.

In Watson's post game conference, I was bothered by the statement Watson made "I am built for those hits." It seems that Starr shared that same concern. Starr went on to say that this also reminds him of RG3 and hopes that Watson gets away from that philosophy so that he doesn't meet the same fate.

Patrick Starr who has not the been a real O'Brien fan throughout was on 790 a while ago in a pretty long segment. He plainly said that it was player execution, including Watson's, that was responsible for especially RedZone failures. He said it was not the play calling by Bill O'Brien.

In Watson's post game conference, I was bothered by the statement Watson made "I am built for those hits." It seems that Starr shared that same concern. Starr went on to say that this also reminds him of RG3 and hopes that Watson gets away from that philosophy so that he doesn't meet the same fate.

Maybe not the play call itself, but the play design certainly doesn't help with the execution of it. That is on coaching. Always in shotgun, no motion, no play action to at least occupy a LB for even a step which can make a huge difference, thus having nowhere to go with the ball or forcing it into a very tight window to a guy with triple coverage. Hard to execute that even with the best of the best.

It doesn't help that the Texans can't run the ball down there. Miller and Blue, 1.6 and 1.0 YPC respectively.

Yes, there's plenty of poor execution, but the design of the play can make you look bad as well. And there's a lot of that.

Maybe not the play call itself, but the play design certainly doesn't help with the execution of it. That is on coaching. Always in shotgun, no motion, no play action to at least occupy a LB for even a step which can make a huge difference, thus having nowhere to go with the ball or forcing it into a very tight window to a guy with triple coverage. Hard to execute that even with the best of the best.

It doesn't help that the Texans can't run the ball down there. Miller and Blue, 1.6 and 1.0 YPC respectively.

Yes, there's plenty of poor execution, but the design of the play can make you look bad as well. And there's a lot of that.

As I've said before this is what it looks like when a HC knows his OL sucks.

Spread them out and let Watson try to make a play. Problem is Watson has missed on some chances in the red zone.

Griffin not making plays in the red zone certainly doesn't help things. He's certainly no Gronk.

Seems like a damn good reason to have brought in RG3, to mentor Watson on what not to do. Obviously management is not as concerned bout “not sustainable” practices.
The only practices that matter are closed practices. Everyone knows that. It's how QB battles between career backups are won.

In Watson's post game conference, I was bothered by the statement Watson made "I am built for those hits."
Watson's trying to do too much. Those hits are not good for him or the team. He needs a come to Jesus meeting with O'Brien. But, does Bill have the guts to lay down the law to Watson? O'Brien owes his job to Watson's endorsement.

Watson's trying to do too much. Those hits are not good for him or the team. He needs a come to Jesus meeting with O'Brien. But, does Bill have the guts to lay down the law to Watson? O'Brien owes his job to Watson's endorsement.

From everything that I've heard, O'Brien has sat the Grasshopper down several times before this last game......and you can see how much it seems to have helped. I'm not sure what reasonable alternatives O'Brien really has for a youngster that publicly insists that he is invincible and speaks and acts as though he knows better..........sit him? It is obvious by O'Brien's public statements that Watson has gotten a strong message. Seems like O'Brien is now realistically left to hope that Watson begins listening and acting like the smart QB that everyone feels he is. Injuries, especially major injuries, as a learning tool are the hardest of all routes to go, and can eventually leave a QB looking for a different line of work.

Patrick Starr who has not the been a real O'Brien fan throughout was on 790 a while ago in a pretty long segment. He plainly said that it was player execution, including Watson's, that was responsible for especially RedZone failures. He said it was not the play calling by Bill O'Brien....
Then he's full of squat as a Xmas turkey. The same as anybody who says going for 4th and inches from a spread formation isn't bad play calling.

From everything that I've heard, O'Brien has sat the Grasshopper down several times before this last game......and you can see how much it seems to have helped. I'm not sure what reasonable alternatives O'Brien really has for a youngster that publicly insists that he is invincible and speaks and acts as though he knows better..........sit him? It is obvious by O'Brien's public statements that Watson has gotten a strong message. Seems like O'Brien is now realistically left to hope that Watson begins listening and acting like the smart QB that everyone feels he is. Injuries, especially major injuries, as a learning tool are the hardest of all routes to go, and can eventually leave a QB looking for a different line of work.
Helluva choice Watson has to make....
Run and get popped
or
Stay in rapidly collapsing pocket and get crushed.

...which poison does he pick?

Helluva choice Watson has to make....
Run and get popped
or
Stay in rapidly collapsing pocket and get crushed.

...which poison does he pick?

Pretty much this and it isn't all BOB's fault.

Another week of 1st and goal at the 1 and kicking a FG. I'm beginning to think if Watson was healthy 3 QB sneaks is the way to go. Handing off to Miller/Blue obviously isn't working.

Lots of dumb posting on these forums lately which is why I’ve had to take a break from here. Anyone without an agenda can clearly see that Watson getting hit and our red zone woes have basically next to nothing to do with coaching. Watson isn’t being “made” to stay in the pocket by BoB...If anything, BoB’s trying to protect Watson from himself with the plays he calls..folks can’t see that though.

If you were the HC would you be all gung ho to throw the ball in the red zone when your qb has tossed now 4 red zone picks for the season?

Would u as the HC be trying to run your qb when u already know he’s beat up? The shots he’s been taking have been mostly outside the pocket and mostly have been self-inflicted by Watson not giving himself up when he probably should. People calling for 3 qb sneaks at the goal line.... didn’t Schaub get hurt in 2011 with his lis franc injury in 2011 on a qb sneak? That play isn’t all that safe either.

You wanted creativity with play calling...well there was a WR throwback pass Nuk missed on..That play Coutee scored on against Dallas went for -1 yards today. All but 2-3 plays in the 4 goal line stops we’ve sustained in the last 2 games, the ball was in Watson’s hands; a claim that many here bitched about BoB not allowing last year in the NE and SEA games. As u can see, None of this has mattered in helping our offense get better.and it’s b/c of the same thing.

They suck in the red zone b/c they cant run it when they need to....& they can’t run it consistently b/c the o-line is pourous.its just as simple as that and It’s going to be a struggle all year offensively no matter who calls plays or what “offense” you guys think BoB is running or not running.

You can’t compare what McVay is doing offensively in STL or what Reid in KC b/c both those HC’s not only have 2 of the best rbs in the NFL that can run the ball, they also have 2 of the better o-lines as well.

Folks need to get off this crap about coaching and play calling. It’s not either...it’s player execution.

Lots of dumb posting on these forums lately which is why I’ve had to take a break from here. Anyone without an agenda can clearly see that Watson getting hit and our red zone woes have basically next to nothing to do with coaching. Watson isn’t being “made” to stay in the pocket by BoB...If anything, BoB’s trying to protect Watson from himself with the plays he calls..folks can’t see that though.

If you were the HC would you be all gung ho to throw the ball in the red zone when your qb has tossed now 4 red zone picks for the season?

Would u as the HC be trying to run your qb when u already know he’s beat up? The shots he’s been taking have been mostly outside the pocket and mostly have been self-inflicted by Watson not giving himself up when he probably should. People calling for 3 qb sneaks at the goal line.... didn’t Schaub get hurt in 2011 with his lis franc injury in 2011 on a qb sneak? That play isn’t all that safe either.

You wanted creativity with play calling...well there was a WR throwback pass Nuk missed on..That play Coutee scored on against Dallas went for -1 yards today. All but 2-3 plays in the 4 goal line stops we’ve sustained in the last 2 games, the ball was in Watson’s hands; a claim that many here bitched about BoB not allowing last year in the NE and SEA games. As u can see, None of this has mattered in helping our offense get better.and it’s b/c of the same thing.

They suck in the red zone b/c they cant run it when they need to....& they can’t run it consistently b/c the o-line is pourous.its just as simple as that and It’s going to be a struggle all year offensively no matter who calls plays or what “offense” you guys think BoB is running or not running.

You can’t compare what McVay is doing offensively in STL or what Reid in KC b/c both those HC’s not only have 2 of the best rbs in the NFL that can run the ball, they also have 2 of the better o-lines as well.

Folks need to get off this crap about coaching and play calling. It’s not either...it’s player execution.

when players don't execute it's generally because they are being coached poorly. Or as Seth Payne said it this morning, it's a tale of 2 teams. Our defense is executing and looking like a well coached unit now. Our offense looks like a very poorly coached unit. Without RAC and our defenses, we would have 0 playoff appearances under O'Brien, and he would most likely not be employed here anymore.

As bad as things got, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him purposely throwing the ball away.
I recall at least once when Watson was about to take a big loss, he slung it waaay out of bounds to his left. But, you're right, he probably doesn't do it enough for his own good.

Back