Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Bengals final results (Vote Here!!)

Outcome of Texans vs Bengals?

• Texans win by 10

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Bengals lose by 20

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Houston wins in Overtime

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Cincinnati gets blown out and loses by 30+

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
WhoDeyBengals said:
Why is it ignorant? 30 point blowouts do happen. Just ask Jerry Glanville. :)
Ok 30 somtimes yes but some bengals fans are saying 70-0 and **** like that I mean come on what do expect me to do. What would you do if I told you we were going to beat you that bad. Would you just sit there and take it or argue back.

Bubbajwp said:
Ok 30 somtimes yes but some bengals fans are saying 70-0 and **** like that I mean come on what do expect me to do. What would you do if I told you we were going to beat you that bad. Would you just sit there and take it or argue back.

Nah, we'd laugh in your face. :banana: :banana:

I'm not predicting 70-0. I'm not even predicting a score. But I'll take the Bengals and give the points this Sunday without even finding out what the spread is. And I'll be a rich man on Monday.

I come to the message boards because it's neat to see what the fans on the other side of the field are saying about our team. You guys recognize the skills up here in the 'Nati this year, and I respect that. When fans of two teams get together to talk football, of course there's going to be some smack talk. But the fact is, you guys are true fans for even caring about the Texans when they're in this state of affairs. They need to be shaken up from the very top of the organization to the bottom. You deserve it, and your city deserves it. Frankly, I love the sports rivalry that our two cities used to have during the heyday of Warren Moon and the Oilers, and I wish that this was a real game. It's just not.

Look at where we were at in the 90s. Nowhere. We were terrible because we didn't have a good coach, our owner was a stingy *******, and we had a different quarterback every other year. You can't build a house without a good foundation. Finally, Marvin came along and saved us. In three years, we've gone from the laughingstock of the league to the toast of the league.

So, all of that sappy **** said, we're going to win a bazeeeeellion to -4. ;)

WhoDeyBengals said:

I'm not predicting 70-0. I'm not even predicting a score. But I'll take the Bengals and give the points this Sunday without even finding out what the spread is. And I'll be a rich man on Monday.

I come to the message boards because it's neat to see what the fans on the other side of the field are saying about our team. You guys recognize the skills up here in the 'Nati this year, and I respect that. When fans of two teams get together to talk football, of course there's going to be some smack talk. But the fact is, you guys are true fans for even caring about the Texans when they're in this state of affairs. They need to be shaken up from the very top of the organization to the bottom. You deserve it, and your city deserves it. Frankly, I love the sports rivalry that our two cities used to have during the heyday of Warren Moon and the Oilers, and I wish that this was a real game. It's just not.

Look at where we were at in the 90s. Nowhere. We were terrible because we didn't have a good coach, our owner was a stingy *******, and we had a different quarterback every other year. You can't build a house without a good foundation. Finally, Marvin came along and saved us. In three years, we've gone from the laughingstock of the league to the toast of the league.

Do you mind if we borrow Marvin for a while will give him back I promise. :whistle: I think the bengals fans underated the Texans passing game. Whenever we pass the ball we are actually pretty dangerous. My prediction is 17-28 Texans have a late rally and come up short.

Bubbajwp said:
Do you mind if we borrow Marvin for a while will give him back I promise. :whistle: I think the bengals fans underated the Texans passing game. Whenever we pass the ball we are actually pretty dangerous. My prediction is 17-28 Texans have a late rally and come up short.
:laugh: I don't think so on either point. See what the Bengals have done to other teams when they've tried to throw the ball. The Bengals operate under the philosophy that once the ball's in the air, anyone has a right to it. And Deltha O'Neal and Tory James have been making everyone believe that the opponent's QB's are actually throwing to them instead of the receivers. Our DBs' weakest stat right now is YAC. :)

And as far as Marvin goes? No way. You'd never give him back, and we'd be right back to 1996. The very idea makes me queasy.

WhoDeyBengals said:
:laugh: I don't think so on either point. See what the Bengals have done to other teams when they've tried to throw the ball. The Bengals operate under the philosophy that once the ball's in the air, anyone has a right to it. And Deltha O'Neal and Tory James have been making everyone believe that the opponent's QB's are actually throwing to them instead of the receivers. Our DBs' weakest stat right now is YAC. :)

And as far as Marvin goes? No way. You'd never give him back, and we'd be right back to 1996. The very idea makes me queasy.
Good point
Funny and True
Please will be extra carful with him. :heh:

Bubbajwp said:
Please will be extra carful with him. :heh:

You better believe we will. Mike Brown's not letting Marvin go. Marvin makes him look like a freakin' genius!

Hey, it's been good talking to you. I'll get on again before the week is out. Gotta work tomorrow morning. Now, I sleep.

And dream of what the victory party will be like. :tv: G'night.

WhoDeyBengals said:
You better believe we will. Mike Brown's not letting Marvin go. Marvin makes him look like a freakin' genius!

Hey, it's been good talking to you. I'll get on again before the week is out. Gotta work tomorrow morning. Now, I sleep.

And dream of what the victory party will be like. :tv: G'night.
Your dreams are the only place you'll be having a victory party. :heh:
I couldnt help myself you set yourself up for that one.

Obviously this poll was created by somebody from Florida Board of Elections..... :patriot

Bengals by 3 TDs...and for whatever its worth, you guys have by far the coolest smilies of any board I've ever seen :dangit:

FYI, we once again apologize for the guy in Orange writing... We even put a post up on our Msg Board telling our guys to use better etiquette. Everybody hates trolls.

The games that look to be blowouts on paper usually aren't, but I'm sticking w/ 37-13. We're averaging 29ppg, and allowing 9ppg... the teams we've played are all arguably better than yours. (obviously we could debate that for hours) Not to mention the sheer EXCITEMENT in Cincy--this may be a welcome home party similar to what Philly saw against SF.

The Bengals might be surprised with the Texan team that shows up for this game.
You getting embarassed in a game has gotta be getting old.

Texans 17-14 win

bobby 119C :texans:

I wonder how you guys handled the bye week. Had the OC stayed, I wouldn't have been surprised to see you guys just preparing for us for 2 weeks... a win vs. us can really spark a season (haven't been able to say that....ever!)

That being said, I'm guessing they've been doing general adjustments for the offense as a whole, and I still see a big win.

WhoDeyBengals said:

Someone needs to tell this guy his team hasn't had a winning season since 1990, is coming off an 8-8 season has played 3 games this year against subpar opponents. "Toast of the League"...come on man you almost made me spit out my cereal with laughter.

LBC_Justin said:
Someone needs to tell this guy his team hasn't had a winning season since 1990, is coming off an 8-8 season has played 3 games this year against subpar opponents. "Toast of the League"...come on man you almost made me spit out my cereal with laughter.

You're funny. Let's stay in the here and now, shall we?

The Bengals are the media darlings of the NFL. Go to any sports website. SI, ESPN, FOX, Sporting News, Sportsline. Look at the power rankings. The lowest I've seen the Bengals listed is 6th. Most is 3rd.

If you don't take last year into account, we're #1. Period.

BengalTyler said:
... the teams we've played are all arguably better than yours. (obviously we could debate that for hours)

Dude, I'm a Bengals fan and I gotta say it - what the hell are you talking about?

We played the Stains, a Vikings team that had its head up its butt and the Bears, a team that couldn't find an offense if it landed on its nose.

Houston has played the Bills and the Squeelers. Both of those teams are better than any of the 3 we played at the time.

Bengals win, but that's a poor argument.

WhoDeyBengals said:
You're funny. Let's stay in the here and now, shall we?

The Bengals are the media darlings of the NFL. Go to any sports website. SI, ESPN, FOX, Sporting News, Sportsline. Look at the power rankings. The lowest I've seen the Bengals listed is 6th. Most is 3rd.

You guys are not "the media darlings of the NFL". You team has been the worst in the NFL for 15 years, for what seems like forever, so the fact that you are 3-0 is very NEWSWORTHY. So it is getting reported. Carson Palmer was believed by many to be a flop (not be me, I like him), he is now doing great, that is NEWSWORTHY. So it is getting reported.

Personally I don't think you guys have beaten a team yet that is worth bragging about, yet. Lets see how you guys do against the Colts, and the Steelers, and maybe the Jags(even though they are more overrated than anyone).

good luck this week. I hope noone gets injured. I hope it is a good game.

WhoDeyBengals said:
The lowest I've seen the Bengals listed is 6th. Most is 3rd.

What does that mean?

Do they have gravity in your world?

Tedc said:
What does that mean?

Do they have gravity in your world?

Um, do you actually read sports news, or do you get everything you know about this game from this message board?

I'm not saying that the power rankings mean anything at all. I'm simply saying that the rest of the country is giving the Bengals a lot more respect than some of the ****clowns on this message board.

Texans fans, I'm not here to try and change your minds, or get you to root for our team instead of your own. I'm here to talk some smack, and have some fun, and I expect all of you to do the same. But asking asinine questions and thinking it makes you look smart is about the lamest thing you can do.

I know there are some people on this board who actually know a thing or two about football and where the season is headed. Too bad I haven't talked to many yet.

What do you think needs to be done to fix your team? Our problems are close to solved... can you get there in two years? Three?

definatley a beatles fan...unfortunately not stoned. how bout this?

bengals 27
texans 10

either way i think we will win. i do expect you guys to come to play though. it just won't be enough in the JUNGLE.

Huh, my 1000th post. Answering a Bungles fan. Who da thunk it!

I honestly can't tell you who is going to show up in Cincy representing the Texans. I hope it isn't the same pilot who lost our boys last year going to the Denver game. If it is, at least there would be an excuse for the horrid attempt at professional football. I never did figure out which high school team in our unis that was on the field. :)

I thought that we would show up for Pittsburgh, but I was wrong. I had faith that Buchannon was going to positively impact the team, but I am so far....wrong. I thought we would be 2-0 or at the worst, 1-1 at this point, but again...I was wrong. I thought Rita was going to hit Matagorda Bay, and thankfully....I was wrong. The only thing I have gotten right is that our O line still stinks and the only thing gelling on the field is the Dr Schols insoles in their cleates. And to that, I wish I was wrong.

So you see, I am a comedy of errors right now so I am not really hip on throwing out a prediction. I will wear my Battle Red just in case...but it has not worked so far this season. :crying:

Good luck and here is to no injuries...but I hope we kick your ***.

i'm sorry but carr is going to get beaten up again this sunday. he'll prabably get picked off a few times by the NEW SWAT TEAM too.

#9#9#9#9#9 said:
i'm sorry but carr is going to get beaten up again this sunday. he'll prabably get picked off a few times by the NEW SWAT TEAM too.

Well at least you're sorry.

#9#9#9#9#9 said:
Never know. You guys only have 2 sacks in three weeks. Not very impressive, of couse those stats might be a lot different after this week.

One thing you guys should know about the Texans is that they are amazingly inconsistent. That means that the ****** team that showed up in weeks 1 & 2 might be replaced with a team in week 4 that plays like it is playoff bound, then is week 5, we play like a high school team. You just don't know who is going to show up.

#9#9#9#9#9 said:

Just ignore him. I am sure he is just like every other Bengals fan in the state and has been a fan for about 8-11 months. Bandwagon.

Doom Capers said:
Just ignore him. I am sure he is just like every other Bengals fan in the state and has been a fan for about 8-11 months. Bandwagon.
I've followed the Bengal boards when they were awful, year in-year out...and they have always had a massive amount of fans with a good sense of humor about their bad team, and very loyal to boot. I can't agree with that one.

Back