Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans versus Raiders: AFC wild-card (Sat Jan 7 3:35 PM) game prediction!

With Osweiler the starter things suddenly don't look so good. Remember they have learned our linebackers can't cover, and del Rio will be by far the best coach on the field.

Giant turd offensively, defensive smash mouth, turnover takeaway winner - Raiders 18 (pick 6, safety, 3 FG's) Texans 14 (4 FG's, safety).

Crowd starts hot - game starts slow. By the end of the first half the score is so low, the game so dull, fans are out of it. The defense has been solid as usual.

The second half begins and the raiders begin to pick up steam. Couple of field goals - winning field position. Raiders are controlling the clock and the defense is tired. Opps, running back score on a wheel route. Thanks simon.

But, we're still in this. 2 1/2 minutes to go down by 5. Kick returned to the 18. 1st down run for 5 yards. 2 nd down pass to CJ for 4 yards. 3rd down false start - i hate you Clark. Repeat 3 rd down. Oz makes a great pass to Mumphry - 1st down! 1st down screen pass but oz is sacked and fumbles. Xavier recovers the ball. 2nd and 16. Pass to fuller5 downfield and he's wide open. Oz misses. 3rd down - draw play gain of 9 by grimes. 4th and 7 with the game on the line. We called a time out to stop the clock ,but now we've only got seconds left to snap the ball. The crowd is back in it and LOUD. Oz sees we're about to get a delay of game and calls a second timeout. After a jerry Springer style exchange on the sideline between ob and oz, the offense is ready to go. 4th and 7 on the raiders 44 yard line with a minute 12 left and no timeouts. Here we go clutch city! The crowd is building to a roar and the astrodome next door shakes just a little. This is it!

The ball is snapped in a shotgun 5 wide formation. Oz drops back surveying the field. His first read is dhop double covered, 2nd read is Mumphry on an out route - no good, he's covered. 3rd read (yes he got to his 3rd read - really) lamar miller is wide open and oz slings it. The pass is on target perfectly thrown exactly where it should be. Lamar Miller is not. Miller slipped on his cut. The pass bounces off a defenders hands and into the safety's. Interception. He downs himself voluntarily. The stadium is silent before an eruption of boo's.

Somewhere Matt schaub and Warren Moon cringe unknowingly. Somewhere, Frank Reich smiles .

Don't blame it on Simon.. He has a bruised Breast Bone.

I hope this a blowout will Cook even score a TD ..????? hopefully we can hold them to 6 points

I hope this a blowout will Cook even score a TD ..????? hopefully we can hold them to 6 points

That's what I'm thinking. I like Connor Cook, but to start his first ever game against our defense... regardless of the #1 ranking, it's a tough task.

Passing stats
COMP ATT COMP% YDS YDS-A TD LNG INT
14 21 66.7 150 7.1 1 32 1

Not bad for one half against Wade Phillips Defending Champions Defense

Passing stats

He came in when they were down by 3 scores and the Raiders had that damn uptempo offense that always seems to work for people!

That's what I'm thinking. I like Connor Cook, but to start his first ever game against our defense... regardless of the #1 ranking, it's a tough task.
I think we get the win and then the patriots overlook us . Next stop Kansas City
Would be a perfect season if we could beat the raiders, Patriots ,Chiefs and beat the packers in the big game .
Not likely but why watch sports if you can't hope for your team to win

While it was a goofy (okay, dumb) thing to do mid season, I still like the look of those jackets.

Unfortunately, it's now tainted. Like the mullet haircut. Once it's been tainted, it will always remain tainted.

First time starters have always given us problems tho

RAC is the difference. He's a DC who has won Super Bowl rings. He knows how to play with rookie QB minds, especially one under pressure in his first start in a road playoff game. I have no doubt he's got tricks up his sleeve. I have faith in the master.

Not so much for the rest of the team...'cept maybe punter and kicker. They could be very influential in this game, too.

Why is it assumed we will win against the raiders? Here, the media, online... Most people think we have this. Honestly I am much more worried about Conor Cook than I was Mgloin.

In college Cook had

71 Tds to 22 Ints 56% completion rate, and QBR of almost 140

Yes our defense is good; but our offense is pathetic. I have a feeling Cook will just let loose and throw deep the entire game; and will likely score a good amount of points. We have the worst scoring differential out of any playoff team.

I see this as 50/50 at best. I wish Savage or Weeden would go in. I also hate Rick Smith and Mcnair and am disgusted they are making all the decisions. I don't blame OB for stepping down after the season and word is he will. The next coach will have even less control. Smith and Mcnair need to manage the money and leave the football to the coach.

Nobody is giving the Dolphins a chance to beat the Steelers again. If they do we go to KC, and then who knows

Who's assuming that?

I think most feel the Texans SHOULD have the upper hand. But I haven't seen anyone say it's a given.

Well besides TK....but you know...

Well Vegas, sports analysts, websites, board posters, people I talk to, ect.

The odds are in our favor. That's really all they're saying. They don't necessarily think we're going to win.

A lot of folks will pick the Raiders to upset the Texans.

With Osweiler the starter things suddenly don't look so good. Remember they have learned our linebackers can't cover, and del Rio will be by far the best coach on the field.

Os has not exactly gone crazy with TD's this year. Do you think maybe he has an excess inside him that will come flowing out Saturday? No, I guess not................... :)

Reactions: ROO
Yah, but there's a few others of us been supporting Weeden - just not quite as vocally or passionately as your posts.
I doubt weeden could do worse than Brock. GD!!

Even though the broncos sucked this year Elway must've let out the biggest sigh of relief even if he tried to play it off that he didn't 'really' want Osweiler.

Passing stats

9 possessions. 1 TD, 4 punts, 2 fumbles, 1 INT and 1 on downs.

50 of his 150 yards came on two plays in their one TD drive. That's 12-19 for 100 yards (5.26 YPA) and an INT for the rest of the game.

Not saying that the Texans won't be able to find a way for a back-up to beat them (again), but they lost that game badly on the road scoring only 6 points.

How anyone expects anything involving the Houston Texans to be a "given" is beyond me.

Nothing this franchise has ever done should lead anyone to believe that anything is a given.

It's a weird, spoiled attitude to have and I'm not quite sure where it comes from.

How anyone expects anything involving the Houston Texans to be a "given" is beyond me.

Nothing this franchise has ever done should lead anyone to believe that anything is a given.

It's a weird, spoiled attitude to have and I'm not quite sure where it comes from.

Every time you start to think the above, just remember that you could live in Cleveland........

Why is it assumed we will win against the raiders? Here, the media, online... Most people think we have this. Honestly I am much more worried about Conor Cook than I was Mgloin.

In college Cook had

71 Tds to 22 Ints 56% completion rate, and QBR of almost 140.
Know who had 46 TDs against 9 INT 64.5% Comp Rate and a QBR of 165.9?

My $$ is on RAC.

Listening to the talking heads on TV it seem that the only given is that the only ones who will be watching this game are the Texan and Raider fans.

And there are probably a few former Texan fans who won't bother to watch. ( If you believe everything you read on Texan message boards.)

Has to be very embarrassing to the ownership to hear this on the sport channels. If not, they should be.

:coffee:

It's playoff time! Tomorrow we have the Houston Dumpster Fires vs. the Oakland Incapacitateds bringing you the latest in personal agony! Watch how we go into overtime with a 0-0 tie! Sleep during most of the game and not miss anything! Or give yourself diarrhea to miss the game while having more fun in the bathroom!

Or just do what I do; get so stoned you forget the game is on. You won't miss much. LOL

I hope Clowney, Mercilus, & our secondary puts the NFL on notice.

We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on. We're going to survive.

Or something like that.

In the land of no QBs the team with the #1 defense in the league is king!

Texans roll over the Raiders. This QB issue is a new problem for Oakland. The Texans have had a winning record 3 years in a row starting 9 QBs in that time. Tied with the Browns for most in the NFL over that span:

Yep, be it Oz or Savage (or Weeden for that matter), the Texans have been winning because of their defense and in spite of their QB play, so it's business as usual for them. Oakland is kind of the reverse situation, although their D was better later in the season, and they do a good job generating turnovers (and if Brock turns the ball over more than once, that could very well make this a very short post-season the Texans).

I would rather weeden start over brick. But we're have no illusions that weeden is anything other than an average backup.

Brick could of easily had 3 ints last week. Two could of been pick six's. Brick should never see thee field again other than emergency situations as a lat resort.

We can't score more than 17 points. I don't think the Raiders can score more than 10. This will all come down to Texans not turning the ball over. With Os out there I don't have much hope of that not happening at least once.

Texans 17-14 with 2 picks by the Raiders

Texans lose if Brock plays like Brock, Godsey calls plays like Godsey calls plays and Raiders go long and get interference calls.

'Ders lost Penn! Clowny gonna kill cook all day. Can't wait!

we are more prepared for the talegate this time unlike in september let's go to brisket house again before the game buddy

will there still be a talegate tomorow if it's cold

?

?

we are more prepared for the talegate this time unlike in september let's go to brisket house again before the game buddy

will there still be a talegate tomorow if it's cold

?

?
Cold? It's like 12 back home in Cicero bro

I called u a uber to this bar bro these Texas girls are FUN

Back