Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans V Browns Daylight Savings Game Time Thread

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Yes I did say game Time Thread because it might be falling back but it is GAME DAY so Lock up your daughters and lock up your wives lea\ts beat the stuffing out of that dog

The Houston Texans have matched the best start in franchise history thanks largely to a defense that’s playing at a high level.

The Cleveland Browns have also been strong on that side of the ball, but that hasn’t equated to many wins lately.

Still looking for a first AFC South title - and playoff berth - since joining the league in 2002, the Texans (5-3) have defeated their three divisional opponents by a combined 99-28 following a 41-7 win at Tennessee on Oct. 23 and Sunday’s 24-14 victory over Jacksonville.

Cleveland (3-4), though, went just 1-3 in October despite holding opponents to an average of 19.5 points and 286.5 yards.

The Browns’ offense can shoulder much of the blame for the team’s rough month, totaling 46 points. A fourth-quarter 45-yard TD from Colt McCoy to Josh Cribbs in a 20-10 loss at San Francisco on Sunday marked the first time the team reached the end zone in eight quarters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=AqJEAZ3cYlyzo2N3MsKK5AHdzYd4?gid=20111106034

2605v0z.jpg

25ouygx.jpg

2hgctvk.jpg

What I want to see:

Pass to set up the run.

Yeah, we know the Browns are 2nd in the league in Pass D. Who cares? Pass on their asses. Get OD involved early and set a tone. We know (well, we THINK) we can run the ball with reckless abandon today, but still, let's get the pass game going early, throw CLE off.

Again, stuff the run.

Silent G, you are my homie, but you have to struggle today. Let's keep this stout run D going. (love saying "stout run D" about MY team). Lets make the Browns have to throw it, forcing them to be more "predictable", as people are saying.

Grab aholt of Colt.

As a Horns fan, I know what the man can do. He's elusive, can keep plays alive, and can be clutch, especially on 3rd downs. Don't allow him to get anything done to this effect. Whether we blitz, or rush 4/drop 7, we have to be efficient.

Bengals beat the Titans.

:)

Oh, snap...forgot....

LETS GET TO 6-3, FOLKS!!!

We'll win this one, I'm not to concerned.

In some ways I can't believe I can say that. It's very VERY unusual for me to be so calm about predicting a Texans win. Maybe they really are different this year.

In some ways I can't believe I can say that. It's very VERY unusual for me to be so calm about predicting a Texans win. Maybe they really are different this year.

now we're REALLY doomed

:hankpalm:

are you still drinking thorn

ha ha. Nope, no drinking for me. I'm on call this week. I also have to go into work this morning. I hope I'm back by noon.

Yeah, we know the Browns are 2nd in the league in Pass D. Who cares? Pass on their asses. Get OD involved early and set a tone. We know (well, we THINK) we can run the ball with reckless abandon today, but still, let's get the pass game going early, throw CLE off.

Signed,
Gary Kubiak - Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the same twisted logic Kubiak used last year in Indy. No, run the ball down the Browns collective throat. And when they gag "Mercy!", run it some more.

Did you write this Shark? I didn't see a link. Whoever did has a love affair with Colt McCoy (who sucks as a NFL QB). McCoy's no better than 3rd string on the Texans. Browns have to go QB hunting in the offseason.

I like that attitude of a lock. We are -10.5 in vegas too. Go up big in the first half, pull all the starters and pray for no injuries.

I woke up excited that the game was starting in a few hours and then had to suffer the horrifying reality that I had to wait another hour for beer and football.

I woke up excited that the game was starting in a few hours and then had to suffer the horrifying reality that I had to wait another hour for beer and football.

Sucker!!

Took advantage of my extra hour to get some extra sleep. Woke up and made the kids some Blgium Waffles and sausage patties. Drinking a hot cup of joe and just relaxin till game time now.:fans:

Sucker!!

Took advantage of my extra hour to get some extra sleep. Woke up and made the kids some Blgium Waffles and sausage patties. Drinking a hot cup of joe and just relaxin till game time now.:fans:

Negative Rep!

But seriously I am just sitting here drinking coffee and eating pretzel goldfish, need to nag my wife into making me waffles and stuff before gametime heh.

Signed,
Gary Kubiak - Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the same twisted logic Kubiak used last year in Indy. No, run the ball down the Browns collective throat. And when they gag "Mercy!", run it some more.

Did you write this Shark? I didn't see a link. Whoever did has a love affair with Colt McCoy (who sucks as a NFL QB). McCoy's no better than 3rd string on the Texans. Browns have to go QB hunting in the offseason.

Ditto! Start the game of running. And keep running until they can stop it. Here's to hoping for a 30 carries game for both Foster and Tate.

Ditto! Start the game of running. And keep running until they can stop it. Here's to hoping for a 30 carries game for both Foster and Tate.

Heck no! nI want Foster, Tate AND Ward all to have 100+ yeards rushing. Heck, just run some old school wishbone offense with all 3 in the backfield and watch the Browns collectivly crap themselves.

What's our longest in season win streak? I can't rememberthem winning more than 2 in a row.

I think the 6 wins was over 2 seasons (which I dont think should count). I think it's 4 in a row.

it was the final 4 of the 09-10 n 1st 2 of 10-11; 4 in a row, wasnt an article written on bspb sayin thay Schaub has never won over 3 in a row?

Heading to Reliant... Can't wait to see the Texans and our military at their finest.

Also can't wait to see if they replaced the padded wall that I beat to a pulp. It hasn't had the same "boom" this year as in past years. They said they got tired of fixing it lol.

Seems like a weird decision. High of 79 and 10% chance of rain. Why close the roof?

Crowd noise, I'm guessing. Always kind of irks me that the Texans (IMO) still have the best retractable roof stadium in the NFL and they always have the darn thing closed. Open it up!

The time threw me off for sure. I normally wake up with about 20 minutes before kickoff to get my food and set my fantasy lineup JUST in time for the coin toss. I did all that and when I turn on CBS, they're just starting the pre-game show. So now it's just an hour of waiting. Very anti-climatic.

Bill Cowher just made his 2nd half of season prediction....

"Texans go 12-4 and get #1 seed in AFC."

surprise.jpg

Bill Cowher just made his 2nd half of season prediction....

"Texans go 12-4 and get #1 seed in AFC."

surprise.jpg

Heard it. I'm good with it.

If they under perform from his prediction, he'll get to explain to Mr. McNair how he could have made it happen.

Hey, if anyone gets a link for a stream, please post it or PM me. I missed last week's game because my brother wanted to watch the Saints and am not watching the Saints two weeks in a row.

We lose this game, we go back to hearing whispers of mediocrity. We win, and we put ourselves into a position to get a bye in the first round.

Such a huge game in this franchise's history.

I'm nervous. Haven't been nervous about the last few weeks, but this could be a trap game. C'mon Texans

Back