Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans trade Randall Cobb

Love the reference.

But I’m excited. As excited as I’ve ever been about this team.

Hope. That’s what I got.

May be gone by half time HOF weekend, but for now, it’s hope.
What is the source of such excitement? I'm looking forward to this season kinda like approaching a bad car wreck in stop & go traffic. Craziest off season ever, OB is still HC AND GM, brand new defensive coordinator with exactly zero games experience as a DC. The Texans have a fairly talented offense, on paper and with the assumption of staying healthy for the majority of the season(YIKES!!). The defense is a whole other issue. Special teams coach retires, so there's more upheaval at a perennial issue for the team.

What is the source of such excitement? I'm looking forward to this season kinda like approaching a bad car wreck in stop & go traffic. Craziest off season ever, OB is still HC AND GM, brand new defensive coordinator with exactly zero games experience as a DC. The Texans have a fairly talented offense, on paper and with the assumption of staying healthy for the majority of the season(YIKES!!). The defense is a whole other issue. Special teams coach retires, so there's more upheaval at a perennial issue for the team.

Difference between hope & reality

Everyone should be looking forward to the season. The team is exciting in the best (and worst) way possible. The schism between the front office and the fans on their opinion on the coaching staff is a ticking time bomb. OB does himself no favors with the way he presents himself. Even if we suck, there will be no shortage of WTF moments. Go Texans!

I doubt the round one but would jump on it. Cobb base for GB to pay is $8.25 this season and $7.875 for 2023. Cobb is 31 August and I just don't get why Rodger wants him. I realize they played together at Green Bay but Cobb stats wise only avg at best although he had rep as solid in slot. Darn I hope this happens.

I find it hard to believe the Packers would give up a 1st round pick for a 31 year old slot receiver. Then again, their GM moved up in the 1st round of the draft last year to take a QB to replace the MVP - so anything is possible.

That would be crazy to get more value for Cobb than Hopkins.

And now may give up a first pick to get a receiver the MVP is demanding, after they moved up to draft the MVP'S replacement. Seems like Green Bay is treating their roster and draft capital like they're playing Madden.

I'm sure it would be a done deal if they were offering a 1st.

At least I think it would be a done deal.

Uh... I hope it would be a done deal.

Actually I have no idea what Caserio would do if GB offered a 1st.

Green Bay may be figuring out how to get under the cap since Cobb would put them over the cap. Not to mention they have to sign their upcoming draft class too.

And now may give up a first pick to get a receiver the MVP is demanding, after they moved up to draft the MVP'S replacement. Seems like Green Bay is treating their roster and draft capital like they're playing Madden.
Seems like they're trying to keep their MVP quarterback happy. Who knows even the Astros just pulled off a heck of a trade with Mariners. And there are rumors that the Rockets could move Wall.

You guys who think the Packers are gonna swap a first round pick for Cobb are smoking some of Thorns really good stuff unless it's tied to
some very onerous conditions or is maybe in the '23 Draft, otherwise maybe we get a third round pick in next years Draft.

You guys who think the Packers are gonna swap a first round pick for Cobb are smoking some of Thorns really good stuff unless it's tied to
some very onerous conditions or is maybe in the '23 Draft, otherwise maybe we get a third round pick in next years Draft.

I agree, but if I’m Caserio I’m telling Green Bay, hey, how much do you want to keep Mr. Rodgers happy? If you really, REALLY want Cobb, here’s where it starts.

Back