Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans trade Keion Crossen to NY giants

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Already said everybody trades late round draft choices….folks here think NC is the only one that does it...in a bad way..BS. These are poker chips. Get used to it….
If the other GMs jumped off a bridge would you expect Nick Caserio to jump off a bridge?

the argument wasn’t that trading late round picks was a bad idea (though I did just imply as much with the bridge jumping thing), but a bad idea in the situation Caserio was in.

He traded a 6th round pick for Finley then cuts him before TC & Driskel out there doing bad Tbow impersonations.

But somehow getting a 6th round pick for Crossen shows us what NC really thinks about late round draft picks

:ok:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
If the other GMs jumped off a bridge would you expect Nick Caserio to jump off a bridge?

the argument wasn’t that trading late round picks was a bad idea (though I did just imply as much with the bridge jumping thing), but a bad idea in the situation Caserio was in.

He traded a 6th round pick for Finley then cuts him before TC & Driskel out there doing bad Tbow impersonations.

But somehow getting a 6th round pick for Crossen shows us what NC really thinks about late round draft picks

Not only that, he makes a trade for somebody who was going to be cut, knowing they're 3rd on the waiver wire, THEN cuts him before one single freaking practice is held.

And to @Dejaview, nobody is saying NC is the only one who trades late round picks. I have said however, that he seems to not have much regard for them as he seems to not be able to give them away fast enough, sometimes for no reason and for nothing (see Finley). Nice to see he finally gets one back for a change. They get the 6th they gave up to get Crossen back. Which likely involved Caserio then as it was the Patriots. Probably flip that for somebody about to be cut next year though.

Dejaview

All Pro

You answered your own question. Because of the situation NC was in and the timing he needed to bring in some QB’s. he was looking for a QB with experience…part of his competition thing. Driskel doesn’t look the part so far. But perhaps he is serving as a competitive edge to Mills? Crossen doesn’t show anything about NC other than what NC thought about Crossen.