Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trade for Tunsil!!

Porky

Hall of Fame
We got a freaking legit LT. And a young one that can hold down the fort for 5-10 years. Holy freaking cow. And insurance for the inevitable Fuller injury in Stills.

Our line is now legit. We asked the Texans to fix the line and with this move, I think this pretty much does that.

I'm just worried our vaunted oline coach finds a way to screw it up.

This SLIGHTLY vindicates the asinine trade for Clowney. You're not going to be able to pay a stud LT and Clowney.

Adding Hyde is also a decent move. He's not as good as Miller, but I think between he and Duke, we can at least be decent there.

Wolf12339

Waterboy
We got a freaking legit LT. And a young one that can hold down the fort for 5-10 years. Holy freaking cow. And insurance for the inevitable Fuller injury in Stills.

Our line is now legit. We asked the Texans to fix the line and with this move, I think this pretty much does that.

I'm just worried our vaunted oline coach finds a way to screw it up.

This SLIGHTLY vindicates the asinine trade for Clowney. You're not going to be able to pay a stud LT and Clowney.

Adding Hyde is also a decent move. He's not as good as Miller, but I think between he and Duke, we can at least be decent there.
Great a LT... But we gave up way to much.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Young stud LT's don't grow on trees. If MK got Watson killed, we'd all be saying why didn't they make a trade to get a stud LT even if we had to overpay. I'm not going to bash the cost in this case. We HAD to protect Watson at all costs. This may be "all costs" but did you guys want Watson to become Andrew Luck?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We are so screwed.

The next coach won't have any picks!

Tunsil is an above average lt not elite like Khalil at his position

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Young stud LT's don't grow on trees. If MK got Watson killed, we'd all be saying why didn't they make a trade to get a stud LT even if we had to overpay. I'm not going to bash the cost in this case. We HAD to protect Watson at all costs. This may be "all costs" but did you guys want Watson to become Andrew Luck?
Yeah I mean I guess they have to make up for past mistakes.

If he's a stud and becomes elite itll sting a lot less.

Buddy better be the ******* truth though.

LikeMike

Veteran
I don’t get the Clowney trade - at all. Him not playing this year and losing him next off season would have been better than this (because of the comp pick and us not appearing like players and other gms can pressure us).

I like getting Tunsil. Getting a franchise LT is the hardest thing in this like outside of getting a franchise qb. They never hit FA and the draft is like a wheel of fortune. Tunsil can be the man for the next ten years. With our two draft picks the o line could easily develops into a strength for us.

A ton on picks scares me though - I am fine with giving up a first and a couple of mid rounders, not much more than that though...

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
This trade would be a lot more palatable if we had recouped a 1st for our 3-time pro bowl DE.

You have to give to get. Two 1st's for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills is full desperation but this team is in absolute need. Getting a 3rd for your 26 year old #1 pick is inexcusable however.

The only good thing is those picks are useless under this regime anyway as they clearly can't draft for ****.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
You can see why Clowney had to go, the $$'s are being allocated more evenly with a expensive receiver in Nuk, DW4 gonna get paid, now on oline the LT gets money starting in his 5th year option, the DL could not then get both Watt, Reader and Clowney paid. Roby and Mckinney suck up good money too. Mortgaging the future but saving DW4 from being killed and getting Duke some help, backup for when Fuller gets hurt

texan279

Hall of Fame
Didn't we already draft our "young tackle" in this year's draft? Jesus BOB f&@k you. Get nothing for Clowney, then give up who knows what for a tackle, after drafting two in the first two rounds of the draft. BOB you're a f+@cking idiot clown. Take your ass back to Penn State.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
You can see why Clowney had to go, the $$'s are being allocated more evenly with a expensive receiver in Nuk, DW4 gonna get paid, now on oline the LT gets money starting in his 5th year option, the DL could not then get both Watt, Reader and Clowney paid. Roby and Mckinney suck up good money too. Mortgaging the future but saving DW4 from being killed and getting Duke some help, backup for when Fuller gets hurt

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
So OBrien intentionally weakens the defense with a trash trade and then he goes ALL IN for his offense and sets the franchise back 2 firsts and a 2nd for a guy who is trending up, is not elite at this point and we expect Devlin to coach him up? Yeeesh.