Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Talk Greatest ______ of All-Time

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Nothing I said is irrelevant or trolling.its simply that the common man has no critical thinking skills anymore..
You've brought up critical thinking several times, yet there's not one single thing you've posted that resembles any thinking at all, critical or otherwise.

There's nothing special about catching and running with a football? If you just leave it at that, then yes. Nothing special at all. But using some critical thinking, there's a reason why some people make a living at it more than others so it must be a little more special to somebody.

Nothing special about throwing a football but I'd sure rather have Deshaun Watson doing it instead of Tom Savage.

It doesn't matter what it is, there's somebody who is better at something than somebody else. Somebody is better at drawing, building, running, tiddly winks, message board posting, whatever. None of it is important in the grand scheme of things, well, building maybe, but if you're going to a specific forum where people gather and talk about those specific skills, nobody needs some jackass showing up out of the blue and telling everyone how unimportant it all is.

If you don't have anyone who you think is better than someone else at WR, QB, RB whatever, then I honestly don't know how you can even be a sports fan if it's all meaningless to you.

It's a forum where we share ideas and thoughts about the specific things we're all here for. But hey, it's meaningless in life so let's just shut the whole fucking thing down.

Reactions: JB

BwhiteshoesJ

Waterboy
You've brought up critical thinking several times, yet there's not one single thing you've posted that resembles any thinking at all, critical or otherwise.

There's nothing special about catching and running with a football? If you just leave it at that, then yes. Nothing special at all. But using some critical thinking, there's a reason why some people make a living at it more than others so it must be a little more special to somebody.

Nothing special about throwing a football but I'd sure rather have Deshaun Watson doing it instead of Tom Savage.

It doesn't matter what it is, there's somebody who is better at something than somebody else. Somebody is better at drawing, building, running, tiddly winks, message board posting, whatever. None of it is important in the grand scheme of things, well, building maybe, but if you're going to a specific forum where people gather and talk about those specific skills, nobody needs some jackass showing up out of the blue and telling everyone how unimportant it all is.

If you don't have anyone who you think is better than someone else at WR, QB, RB whatever, then I honestly don't know how you can even be a sports fan if it's all meaningless to you.

It's a forum where we share ideas and thoughts about the specific things we're all here for. But hey, it's meaningless in life so let's just shut the whole fucking thing down.
Stop whining dude. I told you I was done. No, you don't possess critical thought compared to me.the only thing you know how to do is repeat what media or someone else told you.thats not critical thought,that's monkey see,monkey do. Just because you can't grasp what I'm saying,doesn't make it wrong. You still rely on perception and group think and feelings. Not actual truth or logic.

BwhiteshoesJ

Waterboy
Your arguments are silly on every front. Others have pointed out that you can still hold your views and be off base with regards to the context of this thread.

I’ll actually Come from another angle.

You call it entertainment and then say it’s not important in the next sentence.

I don’t know about you, but entertainment is very important for a lot of people. It’s the reason entertainers make so much money. It’s an escape for people. It helps people bond. It helps with anxiety for some folks. Just about everyone seeks entertainment in some form. It’s essential for beings with complex brains.

As far as football as entertainment and not requiring any special skills to “run and catch a football” that’s about the biggest crock of **** you’ve said here and you know it.
Lol entertainers making more money doesn't' make it important. Just means you accept the stupid world they created through television. The three most useless things on earth, politicians, jocks and actors make the most money. That should make you stop and think and be angry about it. Not accept it like a dumb puppy. None of those jobs serve any purpose for anyone's' life. It does nothing for you.it serves no purpose but to distract you from real life and real issues. That's why it was invented, so govt can continue to screw you over and distract you from your real origins and real history. But no, we are so dumb,we waste time talking about whether some jock is,worth 3 million a year, while we fight to stay off the street. Tell me again how important entertainment is....no actor, politician or jock give a damn you exist. Not on any actual personal level. The people that make the most money are the most corrupt. That's
My final thought in this thread since no one can handle opening their mind to the reality they live in.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Lol entertainers making more money doesn't' make it important. Just means you accept the stupid world they created through television. The three most useless things on earth, politicians, jocks and actors make the most money. That should make you stop and think and be angry about it. Not accept it like a dumb puppy. None of those jobs serve any purpose for anyone's' life. It does nothing for you.it serves no purpose but to distract you from real life and real issues. That's why it was invented, so govt can continue to screw you over and distract you from your real origins and real history. But no, we are so dumb,we waste time talking about whether some jock is,worth 3 million a year, while we fight to stay off the street. Tell me again how important entertainment is....no actor, politician or jock give a damn you exist. Not on any actual personal level. The people that make the most money are the most corrupt. That's
My final thought in this thread since no one can handle opening their mind to the reality they live in.
What would you like to see everyone doing instead?

Let's get going on this, BwhiteshoesJ.

Reactions: JB

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Maybe we take one more stab at this and see if peeps give a rip..

This time though we'll say that the choices are only down to a list of best qb ever, best wr ever, or best offensive players ever..

So, show of hands who wants in and what you'd prefer to list up..

Fred

Veteran
Maybe we take one more stab at this and see if peeps give a rip..

This time though we'll say that the choices are only down to a list of best qb ever, best wr ever, or best offensive players ever..

So, show of hands who wants in and what you'd prefer to list up..
Let me help.

QB: 1. Tom Brady 2. Otto Graham
RB: 1. Jim Brown 2. Emmitt Smith
WR: 1. Jerry Rice 2. Don Hutson

No discussion needed. /thread