Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Sign Center

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans signed center Dennis O'Sullivan on Monday to fill the practice void left by Steve McKinney's absence with a strained hamstring.

O'Sullivan signed with the San Francisco 49ers as a rookie free agent in 1999 and spent parts of the last three seasons with the New York Jets, getting into three games in 2002.

McKinney, the Texans starter, pulled the muscle before training camp and reaggravated it during conditioning tests last week. Coach Dom Capers said the signing eased the load on backups Todd Washington, Fred Weary and Luke Butkus.

Houston waived cornerback Eric Kelly to make room for O'Sullivan

Sounds like training camp fodder.

I think Pete Kendall would be a great backup to Mckinney. I doubt he would want a backup role. But who knows. I think hes a stud Center.

I thought about Kendall too, but if he is that good of a center, then why was he released during the first couple of days of training camp? Good players generall aren't released at this point in camp.

True. Makes you wonder what went on in AZ. But from the reports Ive seen around, it looks like he was cut to pay Fitz. Which is a dumb move IMO, if thats the case. I would cut E. Smith and sign a rookie RB, before I cut Kendall. So maybe Kendall wasnt working well with the new sheriff in town.

The surprise for me was that they waived Eric Kelly. They must really like Faggins and they must also think that Wright is going to be back....

Porky said:
I thought about Kendall too, but if he is that good of a center, then why was he released during the first couple of days of training camp? Good players generall aren't released at this point in camp.
When Denny Green decided early on that rookie Alex Stapanovich was going to be the starting center, Kendall was released as a courtesy. This will give him the best chance to hook on with another team & get a starting gig.

Kendall was supposedly released for whistleblowing to the league for telling on the Cards having too long of practices.

Back