Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans release staff members list

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

Shocked that Kevin is included
Why? From DB's post in another thread:

Krajcovic helped negotiate several major contracts over the past year, including quarterback Deshaun Watson's four-year, $156 million extension, offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil's three-year, $66 million deal, inside linebacker Zach Cunningham's four-year, $58 million contract, outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus' four-year, $54 million extension and cornerback Bradley Roby's three-year, $36 million deal.

Good riddance, AFAIC.

I also said in that thread that I'm OK with Caserio assembling his team, as long as it's Caserio doing it.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Why? From DB's post in another thread:

Krajcovic helped negotiate several major contracts over the past year, including quarterback Deshaun Watson's four-year, $156 million extension, offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil's three-year, $66 million deal, inside linebacker Zach Cunningham's four-year, $58 million contract, outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus' four-year, $54 million extension and cornerback Bradley Roby's three-year, $36 million deal.

Good riddance, AFAIC.

I also said in that thread that I'm OK with Caserio assembling his team, as long as it's Caserio doing it.
It's not... Easterby is running this show I am firmly convinced now. He is saying things to Cal and Cal is telling the staff.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Why would you release your equipment manager?!? I guess this is supposed to take our minds off of releasing Easterby?! Or the lack there-of?
Patriots Way Explanation: “Part of it is not only changing the culture of your football team and your locker room,” Pioli told USA Today in August 2009. “It’s changing the culture of all the things that touch your football team and your locker room.”

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Patriots Way Explanation: “Part of it is not only changing the culture of your football team and your locker room,” Pioli told USA Today in August 2009. “It’s changing the culture of all the things that touch your football team and your locker room.”
Is this a bad thing?

After seeing DW4 act like a petulant child. Pioli may be on to something.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Is this a bad thing?

After seeing DW4 act like a petulant child. Pioli may be on to something.
Saying and Doing are two different things. It didn't work out so well for Pioli. In fact it was disastrous. It was the beginning of a long line of Belichick admin assistants and assistant coaches who have failed rather spectacularly. Spygate II coming SOON to a football stadium near you in Houston Texas.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Saying and Doing are two different things. It didn't work out so well for Pioli. In fact it was disastrous. It was the beginning of a long line of Belichick admin assistants and assistant coaches who have failed rather spectacularly. Spygate II coming SOON to a football stadium near you in Houston Texas.
Hopefully the championships will be coming soon too.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think you've lost your way. Is this the real @steelbtexan ?
I wanted Dorsey

Caserio isn't a bad 2nd choice. IMHO

What's done is done, there's nothing as fans that can be done. As a fan I'm going to hope for the best. I'm willing to give Caserio a chance before I pass judgement. Good news is that in K.C. Pioli lead to Dorsey, maybe the same thing can happen here.

One thing I really like is Cal got HIS guy and committed the yrs/$$$$$ to Caserio so that he will have time to carry out his vision and there will be no more of the boardroom BS that's been going on since the teams inception.

Texian

Hall of Fame
One thing I really like is Cal got HIS guy and committed the yrs/$$$$$ to Caserio so that he will have time to carry out his vision and there will be no more of the boardroom BS that's been going on since the teams inception.
This is what scares the hell out of me, Cal getting his guy. IIRC I think at the Caserio press conference he and Cal said that the Boardroom is a live and well and it will be business as usual. Cal, Nick, Jack and Dave huddled around the table, building that wall and making those groupthink decisions. Just like they always have. Instead of it being Denver South, it will be full on Patriots South and the Houston Texans way of doing things. If you thought O'Brien was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Last edited:

texanhead08

All Pro
Patriots way is fine if you have a 22 yrs old Tom Brady if not its going to fail like it has everywhere all the spawn of the hood have ended up.

I wanted Dorsey

What's done is done, there's nothing as fans that can be done. As a fan I'm going to hope for the best. I'm willing to give Caserio a chance before I pass judgement. Good news is that in K.C. Pioli lead to Dorsey, maybe the same thing can happen here.

haha. No....

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I wanted Dorsey

There isn't a move in New England you can trace to Caserio good or bad. If its good, was it him or hoodie. If its bad, same thing. Dorsey has footprints, good ones to. I remember how you used to speak about how poor Smith drafted after the 1st rd, have you seen the Patriots?

Scooter

Funky
Sorry, I just needed to quote this. Praising Ownership. Praising Cal for his conviction getting a particular GM. Praising Cal for being unafraid to spend as much money as necessary and as fast as possible for acquisitions. Praising Cal/Janice for their control over ... oh look, nothing's changed except for our talent level, and coaching level, and available draft picks, and potential.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Sorry, I just needed to quote this. Praising Ownership. Praising Cal for his conviction getting a particular GM. Praising Cal for being unafraid to spend as much money as necessary and as fast as possible for acquisitions. Praising Cal/Janice for their control over ... oh look, nothing's changed except for our talent level, and coaching level, and available draft picks, and potential.
@steelbtexan has been hacked.

I’m sure it is all part of some “great plan“ but in the midst of this all why in the world fire a popular equipment manager that has clearly pissed if both JJ and Watson? At this point, this all seems purposeful.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I just read that Watson is mad about this too.
He's probably not the only player angry about it.

I understand that Mike Parson and the others that were let go were probably at the end of their contracts and this is simply routine business of an NFL franchise. But the "executive branch" (I like the term someone else used in another thread "suits" better) of the Texans appear to be just going out of their way to alienate the current roster of players.

If the suits want to completely rebuild this franchise, for gods sake get on with it! We all know it's coming.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
He's probably not the only player angry about it.

I understand that Mike Parson and the others that were let go were probably at the end of their contracts and this is simply routine business of an NFL franchise. But the "executive branch" (I like the term someone else used in another thread "suits" better) of the Texans appear to be just going out of their way to alienate the current roster of players.

If the suits want to completely rebuild this franchise, for gods sake get on with it! We all know it's coming.
Personally if I was part of the current roster of players after last season I would be more worried about my own job rather than the equipment manger's.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
There were at least two games last season where it appeared guys were a little out of sorts early from what almost certainly had to be an issue with how their gear was waiting for them in their lockers pregame..

Like it clearly took them a while to recalibrate from digging through everything to find the correct gloves or wristbands..

Shoulda been 6-10..

new GM and coach deserve to entirely clean house if that’s what they choose to do. But when doing so you have to be selective and in this case not further alienate the star players you are either trying to keep or at least trying to keep from continuing to push negative narratives out re: the franchise.

banned1976

sleeper mode
& we have little fact to support Easterby has any power at all.
I have never met a powerless Executive Vice President of anything.

If Cal and Janice are paying someone perhaps $300K to be their EVP of Football Operations to do nothing, to wield no power at all, they are even dumber and more naïve than I thought. 8 year olds running lemonade stands have better business sense than the McNairs. Is that what you're implying? If so, I agree with you.