Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans release Foreman

The way he was picked up so quick couldn't they have gotten a 7th rounder for him?

The way he was picked up so quick couldn't they have gotten a 7th rounder for him?

Doubt it, picking up a free agent to kick the tires on in practice is one thing. Trading draft capital, even a 7th, is something else entirely. Colts risk nothing by picking up Foreman, if he's good for them then they grabbed someone for cheap and if not they are no worse than they were before.

The Dolts would have picked him up even if they didn't want him just to kick us in the balls. GM Obrien cut him because he thinks Belichick would have.

Foreman will likely never return to form. Which doesn't mean if he does get healthy in some respect he won't make somebody a decent 3rd back. RBs with with his injury history very seldom return to their true form.

Foreman will likely never return to form. Which doesn't mean if he does get healthy in some respect he won't make somebody a decent 3rd back. RBs with with his injury history very seldom return to their true form.
He probably has a better chance of returning to form in indi.

You can change that from seldom to never. No running back in NFL history has returned to form after rupturing their achilles. It's a death knell for running backs.

You can change that from seldom to never. No running back in NFL history has returned to form after rupturing their achilles. It's a death knell for running backs.

That's true but a foreman at 80% might still be good. There might also be better rehab techniques out there

That's true but a foreman at 80% might still be good. There might also be better rehab techniques out there

I agree to a point, but even NFL Foreman is such a small sample size I'm not sure what you could expect from 100% Foreman. I'm not trying to be pedantic or an ass, I just don't think you get 80% from any back after an achilles rupture. It's why no back has been effective in the league after an achilles tear.

.@McClain_on_NFL just told me to not eliminate the possibility of Alfred Blue coming back to the #Texans if Jacksonville cuts him.

— Landry Locker (@LandryLocker) August 6, 2019

IF this happens...........

Grumpy-LOL-cat.jpeg

Which RB and is said RB really that much better minus starting LG? How can you prove the RB is a better prospect?

C'mon the 1st RB taken with the next pick, Josh Jacobs. He was universally graded much higher, for example NFL.com Jacobs 6.22 instant starter v. Howard 5.83 chance to become a starter. They forced for need and not even where he's gonna play for now.

Which RB and is said RB really that much better minus starting LG? How can you prove the RB is a better prospect?

He can't. The running game isn't going to do much without good blocking any way. There is no way to know what these RB's will do in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, but you can generally get good ones in that range. Texans needed Oline more than anything. Did they make questionable picks on the Oline? Sure, but that doesn't mean they won't work out. Just have to wait and see.

C'mon the 1st RB taken with the next pick, Josh Jacobs. He was universally graded much higher, for example NFL.com Jacobs 6.22 instant starter v. Howard 5.83 chance to become a starter. They forced for need and not even where he's gonna play for now.
Those are notoriously poor rankings. RBs can be found throughout the draft. Not gonna sat Howard was the right pick, but not gonna call him a bust yet. Especially not due to some douche bag ranking/rating system.

He can't. The running game isn't going to do much without good blocking any way. There is no way to know what these RB's will do in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, but you can generally get good ones in that range. Texans needed Oline more than anything. Did they make questionable picks on the Oline? Sure, but that doesn't mean they won't work out. Just have to wait and see.
There is no way to know what any of these draft picks will do until they play. I remember a stadium full of boos when #99 was drafted. 'nuff said.

There is no way to know what any of these draft picks will do until they play. I remember a stadium full of boos when #99 was drafted. 'nuff said.

You can project plenty. If that was the case then all of the coaches and GM's wouldn't need to do a draft. They could all just draw numbers and play bingo with the 2019 draft class.

Sure a lot of guys are a crap shoot, but you can project of who and what may work out well in a system. Doesn't mean you'll be right every time, but you can certainly project.

You can project plenty. If that was the case then all of the coaches and GM's wouldn't need to do a draft. They could all just draw numbers and play bingo with the 2019 draft class.

Sure a lot of guys are a crap shoot, but you can project of who and what may work out well in a system. Doesn't mean you'll be right every time, but you can certainly project.
Captain Obvious rolled his eyes at this one. smdh

Captain Obvious rolled his eyes at this one. smdh

I wasn't the one that made the ridiculous statement that there is no way you can have any idea or speculation on how draft picks will work out. Your statement needed that explanation based on what you said.

Back