Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans release Foreman

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
So the bad work ethic thing.............. when did this happen. Last time I heard Foreman was on track.

Releasing him outright after torn achilles that usually take 2 years to fully recover. I never seen the bad pass pro, because he never saw the field last year.

Anyways its over with.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
In 4 games last year from week 3 to week 6, Lamar Miller had 61 carries for 205 yards. All RBs currently on the roster not named Miller have a combined 60 carries for 208 yards in their careers.

I'll go out on a limb and say the Texans might be a little thin at RB. But, they did find one of the best UDFAs in recent memory in Foster once, so you never know.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
In 4 games last year from week 3 to week 6, Lamar Miller had 61 carries for 205 yards. All RBs currently on the roster not named Miller have a combined 60 carries for 208 yards in their careers.

I'll go out on a limb and say the Texans might be a little thin at RB. But, they did find one of the best UDFAs in recent memory in Foster once, so you never know.
That wasn’t these Texans. That was the Kubiak Texans. The O’Brien Texans couldn’t find an Arian Foster if you cloned him a thousand times and stuffed them all into the team’s practice bubble.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Somebody in the NFL might give him another shot, when healthy, he might be a very decent addition to someone's backfield. If healthy. He'll end up retired, or in the XFL or CFL.

Then again, being as how the Texans dumped him, it would only be very Texan of the timeline to suddenly have him transform into the next big star for someone else. It would be the Texan thing to happen you know. The Houston Curse and all that.

Someone should bring some incense into the thread and chant a bit maybe.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
IF memory serves me correctly.. it wasnt Kubiak that found Foster but Foster that found Foster.

I seem to remember Foster being on the bench under Kubiak while good ole Gary continued to try to force Chris.. Kris... whichever Brown down our throats as "his guy"... while the fans wanted Foster.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
IF memory serves me correctly.. it wasnt Kubiak that found Foster but Foster that found Foster.

I seem to remember Foster being on the bench under Kubiak while good ole Gary continued to try to force Chris.. Kris... whichever Brown down our throats as "his guy"... while the fans wanted Foster.
Just because he didn't start him right away doesn't mean he didn't see the talent

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Just because he didn't start him right away doesn't mean he didn't see the talent
Just a refusual to utilize it.

Different cause same result.

Kubiak didnt utilize it.
OB CANT

Having either as HC is like choosing between having to eat a maggot or a fly..... neither is ideal and are both different forms of the same thing.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Oh, squat! He's going to blossom into a star for some opponent. Somebody like Indianapolis. Somebody we can least afford to improve.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The only teams that will give Foreman a shot are those whose RB corps are as in bad a shape as ours. They'll be looking for usable scraps like we are.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
Somebody in the NFL might give him another shot, when healthy, he might be a very decent addition to someone's backfield. If healthy. He'll end up retired, or in the XFL or CFL.

Then again, being as how the Texans dumped him, it would only be very Texan of the timeline to suddenly have him transform into the next big star for someone else. It would be the Texan thing to happen you know. The Houston Curse and all that.

Someone should bring some incense into the thread and chant a bit maybe.
Bob's going to make the 12th man the featured back .

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
From reports foster did have issues. I can't remember what they were but that's why no team drafted him. Kubiaks approach worked
I recall that Foster somehow got labeled as having fumble issues while at Tennessee. And his Sr year, his numbers fell off - along with his draft status - when Tenn. went RB-by-committee.
Kubiak stashed him on the PS and got his shot mid-2009 (has it really been TEN yrs?) when Steve Slaton developed fumblitis.

Foreman has shown the talent to be a good RB but teams don't value RBs any more; i.e., won't take the time to develop them.
BTW, how many we got on our practice squad?
Anybody?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I recall that Foster somehow got labeled as having fumble issues while at Tennessee. And his Sr year, his numbers fell off - along with his draft status - when Tenn. went RB-by-committee.
Kubiak stashed him on the PS and got his shot mid-2009 (has it really been TEN yrs?) when Steve Slaton developed fumblitis.
I think foster also didn't have a super fast 40 and there were "character issues"

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Does anyone remember the game last season, when Foreman came off IR, and they either handed it off or they dumped it off (forgot which) and they chased him down and tackled him behind the line, and even the commentator remarked about how slow he was. And I thought at the time, “has that Achilles injury permanently reduced his speed?”

Just me speculating here, but what they are saying is just a smokescreen. I think he’s not as fast as he once was, and Foreman, more anyone else, knows it. I think his career is over.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
A lot of these kids don’t love football like y’all think they do. They like what it brings them and that works ok for them all the way through college b/c if you’re talented enough, u can coast on talent alone and still be a stud and get what u want.

But when they get to the pros and realize this is an actual job, the game changes for them. Was listening to someone on the radio last week..he said that about 10% of guys in the league actually care and give a damn enough to treat it as a profession. That was suprisingly low to me for some reason. Anyway, I think that’s the case here with Foreman..he has a history of dogging it and I also think him not being the feature guy and having to actually compete...he just couldn’t deal with it..So BoB went on and put him out of his misery.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Bob's going to make the 12th man the featured back .
Not so out there. He has has 3 of the 4 necessary qualifications. He can run block, pass block and catch. How efficient is he in pounding the ball between the tackles?

Being good at pass protection is critical. Can Crocket and Higdon get this done. Miller is very good but I've read one camp report saying Gillaspia is also very good and may be the better of the two.

Gillaspia should, at the minimum, be given a look see.

KarlK

Waterboy
Houston Sports Radio 610 with egg on their face once again.

Man should you all have heard how much Stoerner the inbred raved about the huge year Freeman was about to have; how strong his work ethic has been since last year; how he has stood out at camp. There were talks he'd end up being the starter down the road, even.

Guess not......lol. Guess it was just a bunch of hot air.

The five headed braintrust GM group might want to think about bringing in a few more rbs; 1 decent at best runner probably isn't gonna cut it these days.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Houston Sports Radio 610 with egg on their face once again.

Man should you all have heard how much Stoerner the inbred raved about the huge year Freeman was about to have; how strong his work ethic has been since last year; how he has stood out at camp. There were talks he'd end up being the starter down the road, even.
Ok, so what is Stoerner saying now?

As if I really GAF.