Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Recievers vs early 90's Oilers Recievers

HoustonHarley said:
You guys hit on some good points, however that offense was VERY exciting! I loved watching every minute they were on the field. They had that certain something. If we could have only played the Cowgirls in the Superbowl, rather that the Bills that year, I know we would have won. I just bought a bunch of Oilers footage (about the last 30 years of highlights) and that was totally exciting football. I think we forget how great it was after the sour taste left in our mouths after Bud's BS. The funny thing is that KS "Bud" Adams stillhas luv ya blue and Oilers Carpet in his private elevatorat his Oil and Gas Company. All I am hearing is about the offense, which was so much more exciting than what we have seen from the Texans so far. I have been a season ticket holder since 02 and will be as long as I live in Houston, but Dom Capers and Palmer's Offense puts me to sleep. In my honest opinion, that offense will never get us to the promise land. I wouldn't normally say that, but I live, breath and sleep Houston Sports and I am a realist. What we forget to mention about those glory years with the Oilers was the defense. Remember the hard hitting corners and safteys we had. I loved to see Donaldson and Dishman crack someones melon after they got a pass over the middle and Big Ray sacking the QB and switching position and still kicking *****. We had a hell of a D, but they were on the field too much to make a constant stand. Like many have said, there were many varibles that held us out of the Superbowl. There is not a doubt in my mind that that we didn't have the team capable....because we did. So we didn't get to the promise land....so what! That is the kind of stuff that makes us TRUE FANS! There are so many fair weather fans in this town. I have been amazed at all the support the Texans have had. I only hope that continues. Sorry, I went and watched the Astros win and was told to sit down with a 3/2 pitch in the 7th...not a good move by anyone. I don't care what the lead is. Ok, my soapbox is over. Kick *** this season Texans and make us Proud!
Where did you buy old Oilers footage??

Bear said:
Two names:

Mike Munchak
Bruce Mathews
Until injuries took their toll, Dean Steinkuhler was considered - talent wise - right their with M & M. The Oilers certainly invested valuable draft picks in their OL.

Back