Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
[QUOTE="Double Barrel, post: 3310581, member: 1643]
True, but the guy that hired them and enabled them with the power to destroy his organization from within (and right under his nose) is still in the building making decisions.
[/QUOTE]
Cal? Good luck getting rid of him.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I am not arguing whose fault it is. More or less what has happened the last the last few years.

Bob McNair passed in December 2018. Janice and Cal assume control and Cal goes into depression. It would during that 2019 season OB takes advantage and on April 2019 his friend Easterby is hired. Gaine fired June 2019. OB and Easterby assume control of 2019 season because they can’t hire Caserio. Tunsil trade happens. Then after in 2020 season OB is promoted to GM, trades Hopkins for magic beans, then starts handing out contracts to everyone. Watson gets a new contract in September 2020. Salary cap is **** and we have no draft picks. December 2020 Watson starts getting wind of possible sexual assault allegations. Demands trade January/February 2021. March/April 2021 allegations become public.

Short summary of what has happened.
Yeah, I know. I was here the entire time, too.

I was just pointing out that Bob McNair was long gone before all the blatant stupidity started happening.

The last few years is all on Cal and now he's going to be even more involved. Yipppeee. . .

Number19

Hall of Fame
Don't know if this has been posted, I haven't seen it, but Tytus Howard had his 5th year option exercised.

Also, Cards won't be drafting a QB, they exercised Murry's option. Giants declined Daniel Jones' option.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Don't know if this has been posted, I haven't seen it, but Tytus Howard had his 5th year option exercised.

Also, Cards won't be drafting a QB, they exercised Murry's option. Giants declined Daniel Jones' option.
Let the trade Pick "X" talk for DJ begin...

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Plenty of stupidity was going on while Bob was alive. We're on the right track. Lmao
True, but the degree of stupidity under Cal has been multiplied by a hundred.

Bob's decisions were often realized after the fact. Cal's, on the other hand, felt like we all knew in real time.

Bob would never have given Bill O'Brien so much power, and he certainly would not have fallen for a charlatan like Easterby.

Right track comment was actually made by Bob Kraft, iirc. It doesn't make it any better, but it's like "Texans worthy". Those were not Bob McNair statements, but rather reflective of his overall mentality.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Bob's decisions were often realized after the fact. Cal's, on the other hand, felt like we all knew in real time.

Bob would never have given Bill O'Brien so much power, and he certainly would not have fallen for a charlatan like Easterby.

Right track comment was actually made by Bob Kraft, iirc. It doesn't make it any better, but it's like "Texans worthy". Those were not Bob McNair statements, but rather reflective of his overall mentality.
Bob said Kraft told him they were on the right track

Some like myself laughed at Bob making this statement.

Bottom line is Bob also did a terrible job of building a winner. Why? Winning was probably 3rd or 4th on his priority list

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

However, since the DW4 debacle, things have settled down substantially.
Not selecting the right HC since then is something that has been debated and that may finally be addressed successfully this go round and if so, the past unpleasantness will be quickly forgotten by Texans fans if not the haters.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Bob said Kraft told him they were on the right track

Some like myself laughed at Bob making this statement.

Bottom line is Bob also did a terrible job of building a winner. Why? Winning was probably 3rd or 4th on his priority list
I see it like this. Bob McNair had more important things on his mind than a winning football team. This was more of an afterthought for him. Of course, there is no doubt he wanted to win, he just did not know how.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I see it like this. Bob McNair had more important things on his mind than a winning football team. This was more of an afterthought for him. Of course, there is no doubt he wanted to win, he just did not know how.
I disagree. There are a bunch of better ways to invest your $Billions if all you want to do is make money. Think about it, you have to love football too. Would you invest in something you had no interest in?
Another point - Bob was an old man when he created this franchise - I think it was more of an investment hobby and a hobby is basically a passion.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I disagree. There are a bunch of better ways to invest your $Billions if all you want to do is make money. Think about it, you have to love football too. Would you invest in something you had no interest in?
Another point - Bob was an old man when he created this franchise - I think it was more of an investment hobby and a hobby is basically a passion.
Can you name even one other way to turn $800M into $4.5B in just 20 years? I doubt it

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
However, since the DW4 debacle, things have settled down substantially.
Not selecting the right HC since then is something that has been debated and that may finally be addressed successfully this go round and if so, the past unpleasantness will be quickly forgotten by Texans fans if not the haters.
Fair enough. They'll have to prove it to me first, though. I'll adopt a more positive perspective if/when they actually earn it.

That is one decision by Bob that I applauded the loudest.
Yep. Then he quickly undermined it by signing over-the-hill Ed Reed, ignoring Peyton Manning's desire to play here, and forcing a broken Schaub on Kubiak.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
You're trying to shift the conversation... it was about there were many other paths to increase wealth from $800M to $4.5B
I am just following your lead.

You proclaimed that turning 800M to 4.5B rather difficult and I said the S&P 500 would do that.

Then you shifted it to “what about risk” effectively shift the conversation.

I answered your question and that is that.

If you invested 800M into S&P 500 for 20 years you would have 4.5B.

And like I said in that same post - it’s getting that 800M first that is hard.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

Carr to Texans?

I'm not opposed. I even liked him out of college, but I suspect as a family thing it wouldn't be supported. He'd make a damn solid bridge qb.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I thought he had a bloated contract of 40M/year for the next three years and if you cut him it is a huge hit to the salary cap?

Why not just let him get cut and work out a more team friendly contract?
I thought it was only 2 yrs at that price.