Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Next week I'm preparing for Bill O'Brien to have his worst coaching performance of the year. I don't think the loss will be as bad as the Ravens game, but I'm expecting at minimum 2 crazy WTF Bill moments at crucial times
Shocking you would think this way.

I didn't care for some of BOB's playcalling last night, but think he did a good over all good job.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Shocking you would think this way.

I didn't care for some of BOB's playcalling last night, but think he did a good over all good job.
Yes, one wonders what all these potential HC's are doing working blue or white collar jobs.
I too have been critical at times but think for the most part he has done a fair job for this team - considering some of the QB "talent" he worked with in the past.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Now that Texans have F5 back, I hope that OB opens up the playbook again.
I think Thursday night he was being tentative with Fuller and maybe just wanted to ensure he didn't re-aggravate his injury.
It will be interesting to see what he tries against his old boss who majors on "taking away" your best player.
Belichek won't have that luxury with Nuk and F5 on the field.
Watson also seems to have an affinity with Fells so the Pats D is going to have it's hands full.
OB is going to have to come up with a good game plan to keep moving the sticks and keep Brady off the field.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Now that Texans have F5 back, I hope that OB opens up the playbook again.
I think Thursday night he was being tentative with Fuller and maybe just wanted to ensure he didn't re-aggravate his injury.
It will be interesting to see what he tries against his old boss who majors on "taking away" your best player.
Belichek won't have that luxury with Nuk and F5 on the field.
Watson also seems to have an affinity with Fells so the Pats D is going to have it's hands full.
OB is going to have to come up with a good game plan to keep moving the sticks and keep Brady off the field.
If Watson doesn't turn the ball over 2 times they have a good chance to win this game.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Since we don't have a Patriots thread yet:

McClain: The two ways to look at Texans vs. Patriots

John McClain
, Houston Chronicle
Nov. 22, 2019

The Texans suffered and celebrated after their last two games — the loss at Baltimore and the victory over Indianapolis — and now they have to prepare for New England, the defending Super Bowl champion.

After watching the Texans lose 41-7 to the Ravens and win 20-17 over the Colts, there are a couple of ways to look at the Dec. 1, nationally televised game against the Patriots at NRG Stadium.

First, there’s this positive school of thought: The Texans are coming off a physical conquest of the Colts that increased their record to 7-4, gave them a one-game lead in the AFC South and showed they’re ready to rumble against the Patriots, who play Dallas at Gillette Stadium on Sunday.

Or, there’s the negative approach that may be more realistic based on the way New England has dominated them: The Texans struggled to beat Indianapolis by three points, and they’re just not good enough to end their eight-game losing streak to the Patriots, who have a 10-1 record against them.

The Texans have three things going for them as they prepare for New England. They won on Thursday to rebound from their appalling performance at Baltimore. The players were given three days off to rest before reporting back to prepare for the Patriots. And the Texans are playing them at home.

There’s a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Texans, but there’s something that’s for sure. They control what happens to them in the AFC South. December is crunch time in the NFL, and the Texans don’t have to rely on other teams in their bid to win the division.

“Like everybody says, if you can put yourself in position post-Thanksgiving, that’s a good thing,” coach Bill O’Brien said Friday. “Yes, (Thursday) night was good. It was important. It was a very, very tough game, a physical game. It was a good win for our guys. Everybody feels good around the building. There’s a lot of energy, but there’s a lot of football left.

“Just like Baltimore, we’ve got to turn the page. We’ve got the best team in the NFL coming in here — one of the best, if not the best.”

The Texans aren’t complaining about their schedule. Some teams, like San Francisco, have it tougher.

“That’s what the NFL’s all about,” O’Brien said. “In order to get where you want to go, you’ve got to be ready for those challenges.”

O’Brien has been dominated by his former boss, New England coach Bill Belichick. O’Brien is 0-5 against Belichick, and the Texans have been outscored by an average of 30-15.
THE REST OF THE STORY

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Now you're acting like Watson is a turnover machine.
I'm not saying this at all. What I'm saying is makes 2-3 bad decisions a game that result in turnovers. Or like Thursday when the Colts drop ints and don't recover fumbles they win. When the other team gets the turnovers like the Ravens did they lose,.its really pretty simple and you can't win in the playoffs that way.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I'm not saying this at all. What I'm saying is makes 2-3 bad decisions a game that result in turnovers. Or like Thursday when the Colts drop ints and don't recover fumbles they win. When the other team gets the turnovers like the Ravens did they lose,.its really pretty simple and you can't win in the playoffs that way.

Every quarterback who is starting makes a few bad reads or decisions a game.

That is not always the case. We have won a few games in which we've turned the ball over.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Every quarterback who is starting makes a few bad reads or decisions a game.

That is not always the case. We have won a few games in which we've turned the ball over.
Which ones?

Not many

None that I can remember against playoff caliber teams. Maybe you can refresh my memory.

mws

Rookie
Just to lighten the mood. Here's something even Belichick can't scheme for.

So far this year we have a pattern of 1 loss followed by 2 wins.

Saints L
Jaguars W
Chargers W
Panthers L
Falcons W
Chiefs W
Colts L
Raiders W
Jaguars W
Ravens L
Colts W

Which means to keep the pattern going we are due a win.

So instead of using common sense I'm going to go with this voodoo sh*t and predict a win against the Patriots (even though I wouldn't put any money on it).

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Just to lighten the mood. Here's something even Belichick can't scheme for.

So far this year we have a pattern of 1 loss followed by 2 wins.

Saints L
Jaguars W
Chargers W
Panthers L
Falcons W
Chiefs W
Colts L
Raiders W
Jaguars W
Ravens L
Colts W

Which means to keep the pattern going we are due a win.

So instead of using common sense I'm going to go with this voodoo sh*t and predict a win against the Patriots (even though I wouldn't put any money on it).
That means 10-6 with us getting a wild card and divisional win and losing in the AFC Championship game. I could live with that this year.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Watching the Pats last night and i feel like it all depends on which offence turns up for us. They managed to shut down the Cowboys, and our O has a history of getting shut down. OTOH their offence isnt scaring anyone at this point and they scored off favourable field position.
At the end Belichick got Brady to lob one out of bounds in an attempt to run the clock off and they turned over possession with 1 second left on the clock. I couldn’t help but think OB would get hung drawn and quartered for such a mistake.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Watching the Pats last night and i feel like it all depends on which offence turns up for us.
They had weather to deal with yesterday they won't have to deal with at NRG. They had Dallas' pass rush to deal with, which they won't have to deal with against us. They had Dallas' OL to deal with which they won't have to deal with against us. They had Ezekiel Elliot to deal with which they won't have to deal with against us.

If we have an advantage over Dallas, it's our will to win. Not sure if our will to win is greater than New Englands.

So I'm going to tried & true Texans fan methods :voodoo:
Targeting the right elbow.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Watching the Pats last night and i feel like it all depends on which offence turns up for us. They managed to shut down the Cowboys, and our O has a history of getting shut down. OTOH their offence isnt scaring anyone at this point and they scored off favourable field position.
At the end Belichick got Brady to lob one out of bounds in an attempt to run the clock off and they turned over possession with 1 second left on the clock. I couldn’t help but think OB would get hung drawn and quartered for such a mistake.

I’m pretty sure their fans are saying wtf was they doing or thinking.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If the guy on the sideline hadn't caught the ball time would have run out.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
They had weather to deal with yesterday they won't have to deal with at NRG. They had Dallas' pass rush to deal with, which they won't have to deal with against us. They had Dallas' OL to deal with which they won't have to deal with against us. They had Ezekiel Elliot to deal with which they won't have to deal with against us.

If we have an advantage over Dallas, it's our will to win. Not sure if our will to win is greater than New Englands.

So I'm going to tried & true Texans fan methods :voodoo:
Targeting the right elbow.
Curious 'bout your icon Thunderkyss ? Is that Bob Seger ?

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
The guy running the clock screwed that up. No way that the play took only 1 second.