Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

mws

Rookie
Historically speaking the best month for the Texans under O'Brian is coming up.

September 10\11 .476
October 14\11 .560
November 11\7 .611
December 11\11 .500
January 1\1 .500

Every winning season under O'Brian has had a bye in November. In 2017 (4/12) the bye was in October.

So, if we give in to superstition we should have a winning season this year.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So, if we give in to superstition we should have a winning season this year.
That's what I'm talking about. Tahell with all these next gen stats & DVOAshish... hogwash. That stuff ain't good for nothing but looking backwards.

We need some superstition. Rubbing rabbit feet, snorting four leaf clovers & hiding horseshoes up your youknowwhat.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Are other teams WRs as oft injured as ours?
We’re doing Nuk as disservice with these dudes. With all the attention he draws you just need to be healthy to catch a fucktonne of balls. We have Batman but no Robin
I don't know why we're stuck thinking we have to have a solid #2 WR to make it work. Hop, Fells, Duke, that's three ways to get you right there. Very few teams are going to be able to stop a Hopkins, a Fells, & a Duke Johnson receiving threat.

We need to find out how to identify & exploit there weakest link to open up the others.

Last edited:

PapaL

Loose Screw
I don't know why were stuck thinking we have to have a solid #2 WR to make it work. Hop, Fells, Duke, that's three ways to get you right there. Very few teams are going to be able to stop a Hopkins, a Fells, & a Duke Johnson receiving threat.

We need to find out how to identify & exploit there weakest link to open up the others.
Who is the deep threat between Hopkins, Fells, and Duke? The more play makers we have, the better. Right now we have one WR worth a damn.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Who is the deep threat between Hopkins, Fells, and Duke? The more play makers we have, the better. Right now we have one WR worth a damn.
I'm not disagreeing with you. New England went years without a deep threat. I'm just saying we have enough weapons that we should be able to force teams out of their Hopkins focus without Fuller.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Granted, Fells isn't Gronk. Duke isn't Kamara. But...

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What is the name of the guy that used to post all the gameday pics? I've met him numerous times but that was before yesterday and my memory is terrible

Anyway, I have not seen him this year... another stalwart member run off?

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
With all the talk of being thin at WR, it’s kinda self imposed. Coutee is healthy and in the doghouse. We have more receivers but BOB is all about dat discipline! I don’t know about football or coaching to know if he should be.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I'm not disagreeing with you. New England went years without a deep threat. I'm just saying we have enough weapons that we should be able to force teams out of their Hopkins focus without Fuller.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Granted, Fells isn't Gronk. Duke isn't Kamara. But...
Maybe not, but Fells leads all NFL TEs with 8 TDs and is on his way to equaling Gronk in that category this season.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

badboy

Hall of Fame
With all the talk of being thin at WR, it’s kinda self imposed. Coutee is healthy and in the doghouse. We have more receivers but BOB is all about dat discipline! I don’t know about football or coaching to know if he should be.
It is O'Brien imposed as Coutee
Is not the football player he should be. we have heard of wide receivers running discipline routes, perhaps that is the discipline O'Brien is trying to encourage?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And isn’t the knock on him that he’s a better blocker than receiver?
I hate Bill O'Brien. But this shows he is flexible enough to use a player according to his strength & not preconceived notions.

There are many more examples to the contrary, but this is an example that doesn't fit my idea of BO'b.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Why do the Colts look like world champions when they play the Texans but incredibly average against the rest of the league?

Division games are always tough …. just the nature of the beast. Those games may as well count twice in the standings.

Texansballer74

The Marine

badboy

Hall of Fame
Read that Howard 95% pass blocking and Sharpie has not given up a sack. Good to have them back.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The more I review and contemplate on the Jacksonville game Plus knowing the team health will tremendously improve my optimism grows.
You know I feel like that myself Badboy, but whenever I feel that way I seem to also have these feelings of apprehension.

badboy

Hall of Fame
You know I feel like that myself Badboy, but whenever I feel that way I seem to also have these feelings of apprehension.
but don't choose to live expecting ground to fall from under my feet. Also don't recall ever having so many young guys at such important spots. We could be focus ing on depth after round 2 which will make Obrien look better than I had thought.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
I don't think you have to click on any of them. Just posting a link to tweet auto imports it in visual form. I'm guessing it's the improved functionality of the upgraded board software.
Except I don’t see the quote, just the twitter link.