Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans next two weeks

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Well, there we are at 3-3. We've pulled even going into our week off and it couldn't come at a better time. We've got some injuries (nothing too terribly serious) that could use a week off to get better and a quick look at next week's schedule says that it looks like two other teams in the AFC South will have losses hung on them before we come back to play Jacksonville.

Next Sunday Jacksonville goes to Indy so one of the teams ahead of us is going to lose next week. Tennessee has the unenviable task of going to Minnesota and I'll be very surprised if they don't get the snot beat out of them up there. Next Monday morning the division could look like this:

Indianapolis 5-1
Jacksonville 4-3
Houston 3-3
Tennessee 2-5

Then we come back for week 8 and get Jacksonville here at Reliant while the Bengals go to Tennessee and the Colts go to Arrowhead to play the Chiefs.

It's always dangerous to go looking too far ahead but I think we can leapfrog Jacksonville if the Colts take care of their business next week. We could be sitting in second place in the division after 7 games and have 4 wins. Not too shabby IMO.

Dont sound to bad i just hope the team can pull out the scenario,,,, But i can see us beating Jacksonville in 2 weeks ,,,their Defense hasnt looked as strong as it did to begin the season,,and the offense though not bad is not as high powered as ours ! What do ya think we'll move to in the power rankings ?

A lot of people just ahead of us lost today. We could move up 4 or 5 places, but I don't think it will happen. It is interesting to see us climbing the mountain and gaining respect in the process. We are doing it quietly, but people are beginning to take notice.

Well, if you're talking about the ESPN power rankings then we're at 18 and the three teams ahead of us (Cowboys at 17, Titans at 16, and Chargers at 15) all lost today. The Chargers beat us (and so did the Lions who are up there at 13 right now) so I suspect we'll pull ahead of the Cowboys and Titans to probably land somewhere around 15. I don't think that the Chargers will fall below us nor will the Lions. I guess it's possible that someone who won from below us could keep us from jumping that high by passing us.

Of course if we can rest a week then come back the next week and beat the Jags that will turn a few heads and put us over .500 for the first time ever I think this late in the season.

I think this power rating will tell us something about the respect for the Texans. If its rising, we will move up more than you think. I've noticed, however, the record seems to determine your relative placing and then there is some judgement at that point. Just some thing else we can look foreward to.

Sorry, but if will not be a cake-walk against Jacksonville. This team is GOOD. Maybe not as good as the Colts, but definitely better than the Titans without a doubt. Don't let History fool you. This team is on a big upswing (just like us), and it will be a huge challenge. I actually think they will be just as challenging as Indianapolis, in some ways even more so. Looking at our schedule, there are 2 opponents that I thought would give us a whole lot of trouble. One was the Vickings (always start the season great) and the other one was Jacksonville. I can't say that I think we'll win, but I can say that I don't think we will be the favorite coming in.

We have got to make Jacksonville respect our running game, and hopefully our bye will help us fix this running situation.

Oh no doubt the Jags game is going to be a serious test. They feel like they've turned the corner just like we do and they're expecting to win that game. They're good. It's not going to be easy but I think we can win. I think the Texans "can" beat anyone in the league, it's only a question of whether or not they "will" do it. I'm hoping they heal up, get that extra time to prepare, and come out in their Battle Red ready to kick some butt and sieze the opportunity to show the rest of the NFL world that everyone who thought the Jaguars were going to be the team on the rise in the AFC South was dead wrong. I think (hope) they're going to be rested, healthy, and pumped up.

Unless we can get one of our RB's to step it up like DD did last year the Jags are gonna be tough for us this year. They have a great run defense, and if they make our offense one dimensional then Carr's probably gonna have a rough day. Carr's a great QB when he has time to throw, but if the Jags can just concentrate on our passing game they're going to have Carr feeling uneasy in the pocket and he (along with just about every other QB in the league) is going to have trouble. We have two weeks to prepare for them, so hopefully we'll have a good gameplan, healthy players, and fresh legs. I agree with Hervoyel though, this is the first season where I've really felt like the Texans can win against anyone they play. They have the talent. I think next season will be point where we're no longer a team that's on the rise, we're a team that's already risen.

Back