Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Minicamp, OTA’s and Preseason

DW knows he wont play another snap here in houston. Settle and play somewhere else…… wait….. cant settle criminal cases. Whomever gave this man legal advise before the crim cases needs a smackdown.
In a rape/sexual assault case if the complainant recants, the powers that be generally drop their investigation.

I am still predicting Watson suits up week 1 as the starter. I don't see a scenario in which we can trade him until the legal issues are fixed, and we might as well get our money's worth from him. It's in his best interest to continue to shine on the field because if he can settle or get rid of the lawsuits and avoid criminal charges, he will still need to show he can play, and missing an entire year will not help him stay at the top of his game.

No way I’d start Watson with him acting like this.

He’d have to make a complete attitude change.

I don’t see him stepping up.

I am still predicting Watson suits up week 1 as the starter. I don't see a scenario in which we can trade him until the legal issues are fixed, and we might as well get our money's worth from him. It's in his best interest to continue to shine on the field because if he can settle or get rid of the lawsuits and avoid criminal charges, he will still need to show he can play, and missing an entire year will not help him stay at the top of his game.
Word from camp today, he's playing safety.

There's only so much more of this that he'll take, then it's going to be a hamstring, or a lower back issue.

The Texans are going to have to decide if they'll allow him to take up a roster spot, or maybe put him on IR.

There's only so much more of this that he'll take, then it's going to be a hamstring, or a lower back issue.

The Texans are going to have to decide if they'll allow him to take up a roster spot, or maybe put him on IR.
I also read somewhere that Tunsil was playing LB. So I don't think it's just a Watson thing, but I'm really confused as to what is going on.

Honestly I rather the 9 wins hoping against hope to get lucky playoff year than wishing for draft position and not even getting that.
I think it's a chicken & egg thing, but not really. You rarely see the good teams with the "best" draft position.

We've had more #1 overall picks than the KC Chiefs since 2002.

Bad teams pick early, unless they were fleeced by a good team.

Good teams pick late, unless they fleeced a bad team.

I think it's a chicken & egg thing, but not really. You rarely see the good teams with the "best" draft position.

I wish we would fleece somebody. I don't even think we could fleece a
sheep.

Seems many players are playing weird spots right now. He’s been seen helping Mills. I think you’ll see him get more and more reps at qb with the starters as he gets more familiar with the playbook.

As much as guys around here hate watson he still gives the team the best chance to win. If he isn’t gonna be suspended or traded it would be foolish to let the asset sit on the bench. If winning is the goal you have to play your best player IMO.

Seems many players are playing weird spots right now. He’s been seen helping Mills. I think you’ll see him get more and more reps at qb with the starters as he gets more familiar with the playbook.

As much as guys around here hate watson he still gives the team the best chance to win. If he isn’t gonna be suspended or traded it would be foolish to let the asset sit on the bench. If winning is the goal you have to play your best player IMO.
We need to define "let"

Most don't believe the Texans will have to "let" Watson sit on the bench. They won't be able to stop him from sitting.

Watson doesn't want to be here. AFAWK

He is the best way to a rebuild. If he doesn't take a snap, this team can win 4-5 games which would put them in that spot you dont want to be in. With him, they can get to 10 imo. The owner can step in a right the ship

You’re forgetting his not wanting to play for this organization. He’s only here now because the commish didn’t do what he, and all of us expected, and that’s put him on the CEL. And now he’s here only to avoid fines, but if he isn’t traded by the end of camp, he’ll then sit out. Or he’ll have some BS injury pop up soon to allow him to keep getting paid.

Of course Watson is the best chance for this team to win, he’s a top tier talent. But that didn’t matter last year because the team around him was so bad. Not sure how much better that part is, if any.

The Texans can say they’re going to play him because he’s their best chance to win all they want. If Watson doesn’t want to play for this organization, it ain’t happening.

Until I hear where Watson has changed his tune on that, he will not be in uniform week 1. I don’t know how much he’s doing at the QB position the last couple of days, but the fact that he’s been seen on defense quite a bit I think is a sign he’s not committed to playing for the Texans. And the Texans know this, so why take reps away from Taylor and Mills?

He’s by far the most talented QB on this team.

But he’s quit on this team and has lost the right to be a leader.

My QB has to be a real leader.

Start the rook.

You’re forgetting his not wanting to play for this organization. He’s only here now because the commish didn’t do what he, and all of us expected, and that’s put him on the CEL. And now he’s here only to avoid fines, but if he isn’t traded by the end of camp, he’ll then sit out. Or he’ll have some BS injury pop up soon to allow him to keep getting paid.

Of course Watson is the best chance for this team to win, he’s a top tier talent. But that didn’t matter last year because the team around him was so bad. Not sure how much better that part is, if any.

The Texans can say they’re going to play him because he’s their best chance to win all they want. If Watson doesn’t want to play for this organization, it ain’t happening.

Until I hear where Watson has changed his tune on that, he will not be in uniform week 1. I don’t know how much he’s doing at the QB position the last couple of days, but the fact that he’s been seen on defense quite a bit I think is a sign he’s not committed to playing for the Texans. And the Texans know this, so why take reps away from Taylor and Mills?
I agree. And I think he can not want to be here but still want to play and play well. It’s in his best interest to continue to play at an elite level. It’s his legacy and career. Not playing for an entire year would hurt his career and would hurt his trade value.

All this assuming the lawsuits get cleared up.

He’s by far the most talented QB on this team.

But he’s quit on this team and has lost the right to be a leader.

My QB has to be a real leader.

Start the rook.
That’s emotion talking not logic. This at the end of the day is a business. You don’t sit your best player.

I agree. And I think he can not want to be here but still want to play and play well. It’s in his best interest to continue to play at an elite level. It’s his legacy and career. Not playing for an entire year would hurt his career and would hurt his trade value.

All this assuming the lawsuits get cleared up.
Look at how Jalen Ramsey played it. Same agent. Watson is most likely going to do the same

If you look at it, year by year, the top 10 players in terms of productivity aren't really the ones taken in the top 10 in the draft. Most of those productive players are 1st rounders, but most of them aren't in the first 10 picks... and a surprising number of the really productive players are taken after the first. Shooting for a high draft pick generally gets you very little in the long run because the great players like JJ Watt don't usually get drafted in the top 10.

Isn’t Watson exhibiting emotions versus logic? I understand you wanting Watson to play here, unfortunately he doesn’t want to play here. And before you say he didn’t say this or that, his actions suggest otherwise. Right now he’s just going through the motions to avoid not getting paid.
Yes, he was. But it sounds like he put his big boy pants on and went to work. Again, he can still not want to be here, but the reality is we cannot trade him and he seems to know it.

You ever work a job you hate but show up and do the job still every day? That's what is going to happen.

I still think you trade him next off-season (assuming his legal issues get cleared up) unless magically there is a reconciliation between the front office and him. And like anything, winning can cure a lot of issues.

Yes, he was. But it sounds like he put his big boy pants on and went to work. Again, he can still not want to be here, but the reality is we cannot trade him and he seems to know it.

You ever work a job you hate but show up and do the job still every day? That's what is going to happen.

I still think you trade him next off-season (assuming his legal issues get cleared up) unless magically there is a reconciliation between the front office and him. And like anything, winning can cure a lot of issues.

We can not compare jobs or situations on our job with his. He just signed a max contract with this organization well over 170 million through 4 years. We will never see that type of pay on our jobs.

He had no other choice but to put in his big boy pants and show up to work. Or he would’ve been paying fines.

That’s exactly what I said a few days ago. They’ve talked and both parties knows he won’t be traded this year. They also knows their a good chance his legal issues won’t be resolved until maybe 2023. If things somehow works in his favor, then next season we might be able to trade him.

Right now this is a very uncomfortable situation. The Texans brought in TT to be the starter this season. So now if Watson is able to play, now TT will have to be the backup. Unfortunate for him right, because like we all know Watson at the helm gives us a better chance at winning games.

Last edited:
We can not compare jobs or situations on our job with his. He just signed a max contract with this organization well over 170 million through 4 years. We will never see that type of pay on our jobs.

He had no other choice but to put in his big boy pants and show up to work. Or he would’ve been paying fines.

That’s exactly what I said a few days ago. They’ve talked and both parties knows he won’t be traded this year. They also knows their a good chance his legal issues won’t be resolved until maybe 2023. If things somehow works in his favor, then next season we might be able to trade him.

Right now this is a very uncomfortable situation. The Texans brought in TT to be the starter this season. So now if Watson is able to play, now TT will have to be the backup. Unfortunate for him right, because like we all know Watson at the helm gives a better chance at winning games.
I've also been speculating that Watson's problems may extend into 2023. It's only costing the Texans about $10M this year, but it's going to cost, I believe, $40.4M in 2022, on top of taking up one of the 53 roster spots.

There's no getting around this unless the Texans just outright release him; or if Goodell suspends him; that is, unless he's traded.

So the million dollar question is, will a team trade if Watson's legal issues still are not resolved by April 2022?

The best deal for the Texans is to bite the bullet and unload his contract in the next couple of weeks, allowing the trading team to at least get some valuable playing time this year.

Is there any other realistic scenario out there?

I've also been speculating that Watson's problems may extend into 2023. It's only costing the Texans about $10M this year, but it's going to cost, I believe, $40.4M in 2022, on top of taking up one of the 53 roster spots.

There's no getting around this unless the Texans just outright release him; or if Goodell suspends him; that is, unless he's traded.

So the million dollar question is, will a team trade if Watson's legal issues still are not resolved by April 2022?

The best deal for the Texans is to bite the bullet and unload his contract in the next couple of weeks, allowing the trading team to at least get some valuable playing time this year.

Is there any other realistic scenario out there?
You make him play the next two years and let him know there is zero percent he will be traded.

And like Texans fans, Packers fans locally are mocking Aaron, calling him Karen and saying they should trade him. Once he plays week 1 and wins, they will shut up and be in his corner again.
Isn't that the most important thing at the end of the day? Remember when it was reported DW4 wasn't answering calls? Well, he's there now, can't miss him. Guess who we haven't seen at camp?

You make him play the next two years and let him know there is zero percent he will be traded.
Make him play? If he has no intention or desire to play for this organization, how do you "make" him play?

I think we all agree Watson has the talent, so he's going to make his bag somewhere down the road, unless criminal issues dictate otherwise. So sitting out a year may not be that big of a deal to him.

McCain is saying Watson won’t take another snap for the Texans. He’s just out there to avoid fines. Clint keep asking him why won’t they keep him the building. He said why would they do that, Watson not doing them any favors.

This is a very bad look for Watson at the end of the day.

Doesnt sound like Mr. Mills is having a good day at the office.
Taylor missed today for personal reasons. I've seen no reports on how much Watson participated with Taylor not there.

Tyrod Taylor took a personal day, allowing Davis Mills to run with the ones but did not have a good day. He threw 5 interceptions, and struggled to hit open receivers. One of the worst QB training camp performances in Texans history.

Driskell couldn’t hit an open barn, as he threw a bunch of grounders.

I guess welcome to the post Watson era, right?

RB David Johnson had a case of fumbleitis today rewarding the defense the 6th turnover of the day.

Last edited:
Back