Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS KICKOFF 2020 SEASON AGAINST THE CHIEFS

I'd rather take a walk with a Kanamit than see that bean-brained Coutee make the roster.

I have never seen less hype for a Texans season opener. The majority of fans just don't care especially after the curb stomping they took from the Chiefs last January. I was just watching Florio and Simms talk about this game and they seem to think the season could come off the rails if the Texans get blown out again.

I don't know what to think the offense has the talent to be good, but can they overcome BOB's conservative nature and who is going to get yards in the running game. We are depending on a guy who hasn't been good in 3 yrs and the backup is never shown to be more than a 3rd down receiving threat.

Defense was bad a year ago and they have done little to get better.

We have a new play caller on offense and defense, but both are unproven in those roles so we have no idea if they are good,bad, or in over their heads.

If the offense struggles for lets just say a month or so does BOB get impatient and take over play calling or does he let the OC sink or swim.

speak for yourself, i'm pumped b/c my favorite sport & team is coming back. I've just been distracted since I've added "school teacher" to the many hats i wear for my children. Trying to manage 3 different Zoom meetings for basically 3 elementary school age children doesn't leave me alot of time to wave my pom poms for the Texans like usual. But best believe this Thursday i will be sitting in front of my TV tuning out any & everybody.

As I've said before, the Chiefs are developing significant problems with their Oline coming up to their opener. Martinas Rankin has now been placed on physically unable to perform/reserve list.

Rankin's just depth though, right?

speak for yourself, i'm pumped b/c my favorite sport & team is coming back. I've just been distracted since I've added "school teacher" to the many hats i wear for my children. Trying to manage 3 different Zoom meetings for basically 3 elementary school age children doesn't leave me alot of time to wave my pom poms for the Texans like usual. But best believe this Thursday i will be sitting in front of my TV tuning out any & everybody.

Yep, I will be there with you.

Never thought I would see the day that teachers unions would have the clout to make you have to teach your own kids.

They should be front line workers like us. Guess they're a special class.

Never thought I would see the day that teachers unions would have the clout to make you have to teach your own kids.

The teachers are at school and in fairness to them, we as parents were given the option to either send our children to the school and risk them contracting COVID, or keep them home and do the Zoom thing. My ex-wife basically made the decision for me and so I’m stuck with the decision she made.

The teachers are at school and in fairness to them, we as parents were given the option to either send our children to the school and risk them contracting COVID, or keep them home and do the Zoom thing. My ex-wife basically made the decision for me and so I’m stuck with the decision she made.

Many people are in the situation you're in.

Kids need to be in school unless they have a pre-existing condition. IMHO

BTW, I'm from a family of teachers and my ex-wife was a teacher. Teachers stand more of a chance of catching Covid-19 on Wednesday night/Ladies Night as they do in the classroom.

Rankin's just depth though, right?
Rankin was being counted on to be an oline starter if needed. And it looks as though he will be needed and not there as a starter or depth.

From my previous post in this thread:

The Chiefs Oline may have some concerns, although they are trying to play it down. Kelechi Osemele who was signed to a 1 year contract to replace Laurent Duvernay-Tardif at LG has missed several recent practices with a "stiff neck" would have me worried if I were the Chiefs. Earlier this camp, he missed several practices to a "shoulder injury." And last year, his season was cut short with a shoulder injury. Despite 2 orthopedic surgeons saying that Osemele required surgery, the Jets refused to let him do so. There was an agree conflict between the two entities. Osemele went on to have surgery at which time a significant labrum tear was identified and repaired. And the Jets quickly thereafter released him. The reason I bring all of this up is that neck stiffness and/or pain is commonly a sign of a shoulder problem.

Starting out the season the most optimistic scenario I can conjure up is winning our home opener vs Baltimore, after a competitive but losing effort @ Arrowhead.
I'm now pumped about the team and season but it took awhile coming because frankly O'Brien really knocked the wind out of me with his trade of D-Hop to Arizona and the "value" he received for the all-pro WR which is still indefensible, even unfathomable to me.
In Thursday nights game I'm most of all interested to see what kind of defense Weaver puts out there ? Just don't have a clue ?

YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF-- <banned.>
I knew that post had a very short shelf life. I just couldn’t resist.

I believe this game will break viewership record for a Thursday night NFL game. There’s more than usual intrigue surrounding this game. And I don’t except it to look like a season opener. I think it’s going to be a game filled with mistakes, penalties and I’m afraid, injuries.

I'm not so much looking forward to the Texans game, but at least it'll be something different on TV. One look at that idiot we have as a HC/GM and I'll probably just mute the game and read something while the game is on. I just can't bring myself to have much interest in the Texans as long as OB is still here.

I think it will take time for our offense to have any real flow with new playmakers (consistent flow is already a known drawback of the O’Brien/Watson era), our secondary is not good relative to Mahomes and their receiving playmakers, and I don’t trust brand new coordinators and O’Brien to be able to flex in game relative to Reid in this low pre game information Covid environment. Game is on the road with at least “some” fans. No way I see a win if Mahomes plays and is healthy. Chiefs 34, Texans 23. Week 2 will better chance to win imo.

Last edited:
Starting out the season the most optimistic scenario I can conjure up is winning our home opener vs Baltimore, after a competitive but losing effort @ Arrowhead.
I'm now pumped about the team and season but it took awhile coming because frankly O'Brien really knocked the wind out of me with his trade of D-Hop to Arizona and the "value" he received for the all-pro WR which is still indefensible, even unfathomable to me.
In Thursday nights game I'm most of all interested to see what kind of defense Weaver puts out there ? Just don't have a clue ?

You need to get fathomed

I'm not so much looking forward to the Texans game, but at least it'll be something different on TV. One look at that idiot we have as a HC/GM and I'll probably just mute the game and read something while the game is on. I just can't bring myself to have much interest in the Texans as long as OB is still here.

Tell me why you think BOB's an idiot?

Disagree (overall) with his trades, offense, usage of QBs, and just the fact he looks like Elmer Fudd out there sometimes. I just can't stand him, listening to him explain his stupid ass stunts and stuff. I won't be happy until he's gone.
You won't be happy after he's gone either.:slapfight:

Disagree (overall) with his trades, offense, usage of QBs, and just the fact he looks like Elmer Fudd out there sometimes. I just can't stand him, listening to him explain his stupid ass stunts and stuff. I won't be happy until he's gone.

Yet they finished last yr going as far as they ever have in the playoffs

This must really chap posters that have hated BOB since the day he was hired butts.

I like BOB the GM. Most talented team they've ever had. I know everyone here has been lead to believe the fallacy of building entirely through the draft. This has been a welcome change in philosophy and long overdue. IMHO

Yet they finished last yr going as far as they ever have in the playoffs

This must really chap posters that have hated BOB since the day he was hired butts.

I like BOB the GM. Most talented team they've ever had. I know everyone here has been lead to believe the fallacy of building entirely through the draft. This has been a welcome change in philosophy and long overdue. IMHO

It has to be ying and yang. OB has to prove he can build the team through both effective FA and the draft.....provided he doesn't give the picks away. He'll need every draft pick he can get his hands on come 2022 so lets see if he; 1. Makes it to the 2022 NFL Draft or 2. Keeps his picks and proves he can find talent with the help of his scouts and/or 3. Proves he can handle the cap when it could have a big influence in 2022.

It has to be ying and yang. OB has to prove he can build the team through both effective FA and the draft.....provided he doesn't give the picks away. He'll need every draft pick he can get his hands on come 2022 so lets see if he; 1. Makes it to the 2022 NFL Draft or 2. Keeps his picks and proves he can find talent with the help of his scouts and/or 3. Proves he can handle the cap when it could have a big influence in 2022.

You are exactly right. My only thought on the subject, is Houston is OB's classroom. When he is fired and lands his next gig, he will know a thing or two and will be so much better for the next team than he was for this one.

Chiefs release first depth chart of 2020 season
7 hours ago

After assembling their 53-man roster, the Kansas City Chiefs have released their first depth chart of the 2020 regular season.
Generally speaking, these depth charts give you an idea of where a player is in the pecking order in Kansas City. They’re assembled by the team’s PR staff and not the coaching staff and the depth chart is considered to be “unofficial” because of that. It may not accurately reflect what happens on game day. However, the PR staff does have access to the teams’ closed practices and they don’t purposely mislead with the depth chart. It’ll be updated as the roster changes throughout the season.

Pos.FirstSecondThirdFourth
QBPatrick MahomesChad Henne
RBClyde Edwards-HelaireDarrel WilliamsDarwin Thompson
FBAnthony Sherman
WRTyreek HillMecole HardmanMarcus Kemp
WRSammy WatkinsDemarcus RobinsonByron Pringle
TETravis KelceNick KeizerRicky Seals-JonesDeon Yelder
LTEric FisherMike Remmers
LGKelechi OsemeleNick Allegretti
CAustin ReiterDaniel Kilgore
RGAndrew WylieYasir Durant
RTMitchell Schwartz

Pos.FirstSecondThird
LDETanoh KpassagnonAlex OkaforMike Danna
LDTChris JonesTershawn Wharton
RDTDerrick NnadiKhalen Saunders
RDEFrank ClarkTaco CharltonDemone Harris
LBAnthony HitchensBen Niemann Dorian O’Daniel
LBDamien WilsonWillie Gay Jr.
LCBCharvarius WardBoPete Keyes
RCBRashad FentonL’Jarius Sneed
SCBAntonio HamiltonRashad Fenton
FSDaniel SorensenJuan ThornhillArmani Watts
SSTyrann MathieuTedric Thompson

Pos.FirstSecond
PTommy Townsend
KHarrison ButkerTommy Townsend
HTommy Townsend
LSJames Winchester
PRMecole HardmanTyreek Hill
KRMecole HardmanTyreek Hill

I'm more interested in 2021 draft. 2018 with three picks in the third round he got Justin Reid and Jordan Akins; he missed on rankins. We should be able to get significant players in round three four and 5.

RB Hilarious leaves game after trying to block JJ Watt who drives my Homie into the loving arms of Jacob Martin and Charles Omenihu. Ross Blacklock scoops up rock after "what's his name" fumbles. The LOCK IT DOWN rumbles for 6. KCQB asks "what hit me" and is led to correct bench after he heads to Texans sidelines

KCHC shakes his coconut and watches Chad the Hen and Darrel "call me Darrel " Williams try to find the huddle. It's been awhile since they were in one.
Final score Texans 58-6. Watson passes for six Tds and we get three field goals. Johnson and Johnson each run for
TDs, but due to false starts by Nick Martin and Fulton, we had to settle for field goals.
Texans Talk posters disagree over win being because of Watson or OB.

BADBOY wonders what kind of trade we can get in off season for Dashaun.

On to game 2.

Is the defense new? New DC, sure, but how far is he really getting away from what RAC does, who is still in the building BTW?

A defense that arguably hasn’t gotten any better talent wise, and arguably less talented than they were in January.

And same on offense for that matter. New play caller, but I assume it’s still the same OB designed offense, right?

I do believe the offense will struggle at first. A ton of turnover at the skill positions, no off-season workouts, no preseason, no scrimmages against other teams, none of that.

I don’t see teams struggling as much that haven’t had a lot of changes, like the Chiefs.

I got the Texans at +10 so I’m hopeful it’s close, but my confidence level isn’t too high on that.
I have nothing to base my opinion of the Texans defense being better than most expect but I just have a gut feeling it will be much better than expected. I see our defense doing a better job of putting pressure on opposing Qb's and thus not expecting our secondary to take a ton of time covering their receivers and TE's.

I have a feeling about this season being a special season. It will take some time for it to appear that way but I feel it will be exciting.

As far as game one goes, I don't see as many points being put up by either team as many expect. I realize the Chiefs have a bit of a competitive advantage but I see less than five TD's scored by either team. I see us scoring anywhere from 14 to 21 points and the Chiefs anywhere from 28 to 31.

Last edited:
We need an OC. We’ve been in need of an OC for quite sometime. He fired his BFFbecause he was a crappy OC.

He didn’t hire a proven OC.

Yet he's been more successful than any HC in history and that's with having to work with the dysfunction that used to be in the Texans org.

Yet he's been more successful than any HC in history and that's with having to work with the dysfunction that used to be in the Texans org.
No matter how many times you say it, doesn’t make it true. He’s been as successful as any other coach we’ve had. Not more. Not until he gets this squad to a conference championship game.

Nothing elsematters.

& trading Clowney for scraps & Hopkins for less shows we’ve got at least some dysfunction left.

I’m rooting for BO’b, but not because of anything he’s done to date.

No matter how many times you say it, doesn’t make it true. He’s been as successful as any other coach we’ve had. Not more. Not until he gets this squad to a conference championship game.

Nothing elsematters.

& trading Clowney for scraps & Hopkins for less shows we’ve got at least some dysfunction left.

I’m rooting for BO’b, but not because of anything he’s done to date.

This isn't what the record says.

They aren't better than the Chiefs/Ravens so you're going to be disappointed again this year.

Expecting an AFCCG is unrealistic. IMHO

They aren't better than the Chiefs/Ravens so you're going to be disappointed again this year.

Why is it realistic for the Ravens to make the conference championship game? They haven't done so since 2011, and only 2 guys are left from that team.

Why is it realistic for the Ravens to make the conference championship game? They haven't done so since 2011, and only 2 guys are left from that team.

I guess you didn't watch much Ravens football last year. Is Harbaugh overrated?

In the playoffs, Lamar Jackson is overrated.

He was bad in his 1st playoff game for sure. Even though his stats will tell you a different story. Does this remind you of another young QB that puts up stats but they dont really mean much in the playoffs?

This isn't what the record says.

The record says that in 2012 the Texans won 12 games & a wildcard game. Their record that year was 13-5.

That is still the best season record in franchise history. Sadly that was 8 years ago & we are still have not done better.
In 2018 their record was 11-6 including a wildcard game loss. 2019 was 11-7 including a wildcard game win.

To summarize: 13-5(with 1 playoff win) > 11-7(with 1 playoff win) > 11-6(with no playoff win).

I'm sorry but in my opinion if a head coach can't be expected to realistically compete to get in a championship game for 6 going into 7 seasons then he needs to be replaced with someone that can.

The record says that in 2012 the Texans won 12 games & a wildcard game. Their record that year was 13-5.

That is still the best season record in franchise history. Sadly that was 8 years ago & we are still have not done better.
In 2018 their record was 11-6 including a wildcard game loss. 2019 was 11-7 including a wildcard game win.

To summarize: 13-5(with 1 playoff win) > 11-7(with 1 playoff win) > 11-6(with no playoff win).

I'm sorry but in my opinion if a head coach can't be expected to realistically compete to get in a championship game for 6 going into 7 seasons then he needs to be replaced with someone that can.

How far in the playoffs and how many times have they gotten there under each HC? You could bring back Lombardi/Landry/Walsh from the grave and it wouldn't chane a thing. I was actually quite happy with BOB the GM as a rookie GM. A clear upgrade over RS/Gaine.

Pandemic is the reason for all of this, not the teachers. Over here in Klien ISD we have two choices:

1. The kids can come to the campus.
2. Your kids can do the online course.

Mr. Tex I pumped like a mofo my brother. I'm going to prep all my food for catering ( BBQ) on Wednesday and smoke all of my briskets very early that day. That way I can stay locked in on the game.

Let's go Texans!

Pandemic is the reason for all of this, not the teachers. Over here in Klien ISD we have two choices:

1. The kids can come to the campus.
2. Your kids can do the online course.

Mr. Tex I pumped like a mofo my brother. I'm going to prep all my food for catering ( BBQ) on Wednesday and smoke all of my briskets very early that day. That way I can stay locked in on the game.

Let's go Texans!

Yes the Chinese are the cause of this.

Are you saying teachers shouldn't be frontline workers? If guys at the grocery stores/ any number of different fields have to go to work, what makes teachers better/different?

Yes the Chinese are the cause of this.

Are you saying teachers shouldn't be frontline workers? If guys at the grocery stores/ any number of different fields have to go to work, what makes teachers better/different?

You missed the point in which we as the parents have the option/ choice to either send our kids to school or home school them. Meaning the teachers will be on campus.

Back on topic, Let's go Texans

Back