Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Hire Richard Smith as Defensive Coordinator

Linebacker coach hired:

Texans | Holland hired as linebackers coach
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 08:10:49 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of The Buffalo News, reports the Houston Texans have signed Buffalo Bills linebackers coach Johnny Holland to become the team's new linebackers coach. Holland has spent the past four days in the Bills organization.

www.kffl.com

OK hire in my opinion.

Alright it is starting to take shape. I am really liking the words, tone and directness in Kubiak's answers as I read them. I would be interested to have heard the interview with Kubiak.

Very interested to hear Smith and see what his vision is for the league's worst defense.

To be just as terrible and just as inept as the previous four years?

His true goal is to make us all wish for Vic Fangio back.

At least the Richard Smith defense made the opposing team work for their TD. The Frank Bush defense is having a buy one, get one free TD special. Hell i think it's all free.

The players are to blame more than the scheme. Specifically the DB's and DT's. I've seen a lot of our defensive plays result in a tackle for loss, and then one guy misses his assignment, resulting in a 60+ yard play.

I'd be more worried if our defense looked like last year's, where opposing runningbacks were getting five to ten yards on every down (which we saw in preseason, but not regular).

Just checking back to see if maybe we DID hire Richard Smith back.

But I guess we didn't.

:bored:

I'm pining for the good old days of Richard Smiths read and re-crap defense. I remember that bygone era where teams would run up and down the field at will on us and we would only give up 30 points a game. I tell ya, it brings a tear to my eye. :cry2:

heck while we are at it

I am wondering what Fangio's defense would have done with the defense being we do have an offense that can score :gun: :tease:

ahh the days of the Texans in survival mode on offense.. just play field position and hope.. meanwhile the defense carried the load

I'm pining for the good old days of Richard Smiths read and re-crap defense. I remember that bygone era where teams would run up and down the field at will on us and we would only give up 30 points a game. I tell ya, it brings a tear to my eye. :cry2:

LOL. Ah yes, "the good old days..."

Back