Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans get bumped off CBS 3pm this Sunday by Cowboys same time game San Antonio local broadcast.

TexanBorn51

All Pro
Yep shout out for all interested that don't have the sports cable or streaming subs in this area. A big maybe ABC or FOX will pick them up here doubt NBC will they have the Sunday Night game. If not then it's Plan B for Texans fans here in the surrounding San Antonio area.

The 2 times I went to San Antonio in 2003-2004 seemed like Texans country to me, I remember noticing more Texans gear there. That was a long time ago though.

It sucks here in East Texas I live in between Dallas and Shreveport so the Fox networks are guaranteed to be covering either Saints or Cowboys. Texans games I have to stream illegaly, I'm a ******* outlaw football fan I don't care, I will not follow their man made laws.

But the thing is up here 4 hours away from Houston even when I do sign up for like the MLB or NFL subscriptions the Houston teams are blacked out because they say it's a local game, but they never come on TV here so what the ****.

But yeah man I quit paying for cable and all that ****, last year I used NFL app but had to wait for the games to be over it sucked. This year I bought a super charged antenna and spent hours putting it together and running cable all excited to watch Texans vs Colts last weekend and none of the 3 channels I picked up carried the Texans, I got the Steelers vs Bengals, Lions/Eagles, and I believe the Saints. Lame. **** it I'll watch the game on the laptop. Crazy both games I had going went into OT 20-20 at the same time.

The 2 times I went to San Antonio in 2003-2004 seemed like Texans country to me, I remember noticing more Texans gear there. That was a long time ago though.

It sucks here in East Texas I live in between Dallas and Shreveport so the Fox networks are guaranteed to be covering either Saints or Cowboys. Texans games I have to stream illegaly, I'm a ******* outlaw football fan I don't care, I will not follow their man made laws.

But the thing is up here 4 hours away from Houston even when I do sign up for like the MLB or NFL subscriptions the Houston teams are blacked out because they say it's a local game, but they never come on TV here so what the ****.

But yeah man I quit paying for cable and all that ****, last year I used NFL app but had to wait for the games to be over it sucked. This year I bought a super charged antenna and spent hours putting it together and running cable all excited to watch Texans vs Colts last weekend and none of the 3 channels I picked up carried the Texans, I got the Steelers vs Bengals, Lions/Eagles, and I believe the Saints. Lame. **** it I'll watch the game on the laptop. Crazy both games I had going went into OT 20-20 at the same time.

I'm pretty sure you can bypass all the "local viewing restrictions" with a vpn.. it lets you connect from anywhere, even out of the country.

The NFL and NCAA are negligent in managing fair delivery of their product. I'm a cord cutter because the cable industry is crooked. But I've also tried to play the shell game with streaming services and I still encounter blackouts or I don't have the right sports package. I don't want to use pirate streams, but they've given me no choice. If anyone wants a recommendation on the "free" streams I haved used, feel free to message me.

Same here I agree about the stupid blackouts and man Texas is a huge state with many teams and for the recent years firestick Kodi app and The Crew are good friends. CK it out. Before the Crew it was Sports Devil and sometimes Sportswa. As far as the Astros same here MLB app next day condensed games

Got to go with the ratings. It's business Sonny, it's not personal.
Most of the time over decades the Texans are played on local TV broadcast. This time imho the TV scheduling conflicted with the same time on the same network. Doesn't happen often but this Sunday 3pm on CBS both the Cowboys and Texans are scheduled. It may be not enough affiliates maybe channels idkn. I do know that they will also always schedule a game or 2 on a non local channel during the season. But generally they play most of the Texans games on locals.

I'm curious is there actually a "Houston fan area" anyplace outside of Houston metro ?
Well I do know there used to be a few not many hangouts for Texans fans to gather at some bar wings restaurants in San Antonio. Many times at a sports club they will change the channel for the customer.

Most of the time over decades the Texans are played on local TV broadcast. This time imho the TV scheduling conflicted with the same time on the same network. Doesn't happen often but this Sunday 3pm on CBS both the Cowboys and Texans are scheduled. It may be not enough affiliates maybe channels idkn. I do know that they will also always schedule a game or 2 on a non local channel during the season. But generally they play most of the Texans games on locals.
The scheduling screw up here by the NFL is that they could've easily scheduled the Cowboys game at 12:00N.

I really believe they are getting ready to move the Texans, and have been getting ready for a few years now. Ever since they made it to where Fox and CBS can air AFC or NFC games makes it pretty pointless to have another Texas team. They havent come on TV here in East Texas all season so far, and I get the Tyler and Shreveport Fox/CBS stations.

I really believe they are getting ready to move the Texans, and have been getting ready for a few years now. Ever since they made it to where Fox and CBS can air AFC or NFC games makes it pretty pointless to have another Texas team. They havent come on TV here in East Texas all season so far, and I get the Tyler and Shreveport Fox/CBS stations.
Where do you think they (who is they?) would move them to?

Local station will carry the games but anywhere outside has no reason to show the games because the Texans not only are bad but they are boring too. Thats a terrible combination.

Local station will carry the games but anywhere outside has no reason to show the games because the Texans not only are bad but they are boring too. Thats a terrible combination.

Imagine if they had applied that process during the rebuild.

C mon, there are 14 out of 17 games left this season and they have only lost 2 close games. Plenty of games left this year for improvements and I agree they need plenty of it. I've been an Oilers/Texans fan since the 60s and seen the ups and downs from A to Z. This year ain't nothing yet because it ain't over yet. Besides all the experts and analysts prior to the season all claimed that Houston would lose the first 4 games because of the tough schedule at start of favored to win teams. 4th quarter blues. Well one was tied and hoping for a victory this Sunday vs Chargers on CBS.

Where do you think they (who is they?) would move them to?

I think somewhere international, they being the same people who worked out their return to LA, a league that surely played dirty to make that happen. Lease is up here in a few years, this was pretty obviously a placeholder franchise to even out the league now that the lease is up and Bob is dead this franchise is worth a whole lot more somewhere else. Do you really think Houston will build this team a new stadium in 5-10 years? Atlanta needed a new house after the Georgia Dome was like 25 years old

Last edited:
I think somewhere international, they being the same people who worked out their return to LA, a league that surely played dirty to make that happen. Lease is up here in a few years, this was pretty obviously a placeholder franchise to even out the league now that the lease is up and Bob is dead this franchise is worth a whole lot more somewhere else. Do you really think Houston will build this team a new stadium in 5-10 years? Atlanta needed a new house after the Georgia Dome was like 25 years old

There are franchises that could be targeted for a move at some point. Jacksonville? Buffalo? Cincinnati? The Houston Texans aren’t one of them.

If they move a team somewhere it will be Jacksonville to London where they already have a large fanbase

Jacksonville doesn’t exist in Jerry’s territory. Neither does Buffalo or Cincy, didn’t they just approve Buffalo a new stadium

Jacksonville doesn’t exist in Jerry’s territory.
Maybe you don't realize that Jerry Jones is one of the owners that fought hardest to get a franchise in Houston? Maybe you don't realize that the Texans are the 11th most valuable franchise in the NFL, as opposed to Jacksonville (#28), Buffalo (#29), or Cincinnati (#32)? Maybe you don't realize that Houston is a top 10 TV market?

Maybe you should just stop wasting bandwidth with this ridiculousness?

Maybe you don't realize that Jerry Jones is one of the owners that fought hardest to get a franchise in Houston? Maybe you don't realize that the Texans are the 11th most valuable franchise in the NFL, as opposed to Jacksonville (#28), Buffalo (#29), or Cincinnati (#32)? Maybe you don't realize that Houston is a top 10 TV market?

Maybe you should just stop wasting bandwidth with this ridiculousness?

I'll accept your apology in 5 years when yall have to rebrand this into the Mexico City Toros forum.

I'm just kinda kidding with all this but it wouldn't surprise me one bit really, none of your reasons to me really seem like it would stop them. Jerry Jones 20 years ago imagined Houston as Phoenix of Texas where they go draw a full house of Cowboys fans every 4 years. He literally cried when we beat them in the first game. I think the way the crowd reacted to his team that night was what really made him cry. Now that there are no AFC/NFC restrictions for networks this franchise is just in his way. Many things have changed in 20 years. This isn't the same league it was in 2002.

So you think a lesser valued team would be more attractive to a new city trying to build a new stadium or new owner wanting to buy the team? All 3 of those teams have a future, Jacksonville has a guy the NFL is pushing hard as a star, Buffalo has one of the most loyal fanbases and could win the Super Bowl this year for crying out loud, Cincy just made it to a Super Bowl and has another huge future star. We are the 11th most valuable franchise playing for a city that doesn't care about them anymore and their stadium is getting old. Scary really.

Houston was a top 10 TV market in 1996 too.

It's not something I'm willing to argue about if you think it's impossible thats cool and all(and hopefully you're right, at the end of the day I'm just bitter that my team doesn't come on TV here anymore) but I wouldn't put it past this NFL today. Don't be shocked. It does seem to me like this team was broken down on purpose.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB
Back