Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans finish 8-8?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Now what? where do you think the Texan season winds up after today? will they even show improvement from last seasons 6-10? I was expecting 8-8 but now I'm not so sure :panic:

Now what? where do you think the Texan season winds up after today? will they even show improvement from last seasons 6-10? I was expecting 8-8 but now I'm not so sure :panic:
We'd have to go 5-3 the rest of the way...I don't think so.

I think we will be lucky to end up with one more win and I'm not even sure which team that would be. Maybe Oakland - probably not as TN just barely beat them at home. The other teams are getting better and we continue to get worse - if that is possible.

On the positive side, if we do end up a top 10 draft team, there's a lot of tasty picks to choose from - Darren McFadden, Kenny Phillips, Sam Baker, Malcolm Jenkins, etc.

Sun. Nov. 4 @ Raiders 3:15 PM
BYE Nov. 11 BYE BYE
Sun. Nov. 18 SAINTS 12:00 PM
Sun. Nov.25 @ Browns 12:00 PM
Sun. Dec. 2 @ Titans 12:00 PM
Sun. Dec. 9 BUCCANEERS 12:00 PM
Thu. Dec. 13 BRONCOS 7:15 PM
Sun. Dec. 23 @ Colts 12:00 PM
Sun. Dec. 30 JAGUARS 12:00 PM

honestly if we don't beat da raiders............:pirate:

On the positive side, if we do end up a top 10 draft team, there's a lot of tasty picks to choose from - Darren McFadden, Kenny Phillips, Sam Baker, Malcolm Jenkins, etc.
that's not positive. The Colts and Pats never select in the top ten and always come away with better players than us.

I can see us winning 2 or 3 games when AJ finally comes back. I think we'll be 7-9 at the end of the season, just where I thought we would be.

However, if we continue to turn the ball over 4 times a game I don't think we'll win anymore games. It's been a turnover-thon by the Texans the last few weeks.

Sun. Nov. 4 @ Raiders 3:15 PM
BYE Nov. 11 BYE BYE
Sun. Nov. 18 SAINTS 12:00 PM
Sun. Nov.25 @ Browns 12:00 PM
Sun. Dec. 2 @ Titans 12:00 PM
Sun. Dec. 9 BUCCANEERS 12:00 PM
Thu. Dec. 13 BRONCOS 7:15 PM
Sun. Dec. 23 @ Colts 12:00 PM
Sun. Dec. 30 JAGUARS 12:00 PM

honestly if we don't beat da raiders............:pirate:

Well I tried to warn yall all off season and all summer. I posted with a big IF...9-7. DC wasn't the only problem. The players we love to root for are not top flight NFL tallents. The cupboard was basically bare when Kubes and Smith got here. They are rebuilding from scatch inspite of what the ten and four crowd told you at the begining of the season. It takes more than a couple of drafts to fix things when they are this bad.

Loosing A.J. was a killer. Loosing McKinney was just as bad. MS was not the majic bean. We haven't touched the third rail yet. It might just get worse. But the good new is they can find out if they have any tallent on the bench.

What hurts is they truly had a great schedule this year.

Good News, the undies with the streakes & holes in them are on the line for all to see. There is no excuse now for not bitting the bullet and cleaning the streaky drawers out of the linen. Throw them away. And they are going to suck some more untill the new o-line comes together. They're going to suck untill Amboi and Mario get it together. All the little holes they thought they could get by with ,they know now they can not. We all know where the holes are. Might be this snow ball is a good thing. Got lemons make lemon aide.

anything less than 9-7 to me is still absolute disappointment... and thats about what this season is.

with the remaining schedule i say 5-11

Well I tried to warn yall all off season and all summer. I posted with a big IF...9-7. DC wasn't the only problem. The players we love to root for are not top flight NFL tallents. The cupboard was basically bare when Kubes and Smith got here. They are rebuilding from scatch inspite of what the ten and four crowd told you at the begining of the season. It takes more than a couple of drafts to fix things when they are this bad.

Loosing A.J. was a killer. Loosing McKinney was just as bad. MS was not the majic bean. We haven't touched the third rail yet. It might just get worse. But the good new is they can find out if they have any tallent on the bench.

What hurts is they truly had a great schedule this year.

Good News, the undies with the streakes & holes in them are on the line for all to see. There is no excuse now for not bitting the bullet and cleaning the streaky drawers out of the linen. Throw them away. And they are going to suck some more untill the new o-line comes together. They're going to suck untill Amboi and Mario get it together. All the little holes they thought they could get by with ,they know now they can not. We all know where the holes are. Might be this snow ball is a good thing. Got lemons make lemon aide.

maybe all that is true but I expected more than this at least some semblence of progress being made. next week will either make or break the season, a win & the Texans can at least tread water for a while longer, maybe get healthier with the bye week. a loss to the raiders would seal the season as a major dissapointment & surely spiral downward.

I'm as big of draft-nik as they come & even I'm tired of this process :wheel: if the bpa is a DL do the Texans go for 5 years in a row? or heaven forbid the bpa is a QB after we inked Schaub to a 49 million dollar deal & spent 70+ million on a damaged Carr? Are the Texans ever going to draft a franchise LT or RB? How did the :logo: get worse & worse with each suceeding game.

Bottom line is fans are tired of the Texans not being competitive & dissapointing results are fair game for specualtion if the Texans had done this or that now look at them, back to the beginning :backsout:

Back